LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en
Follow 6
Add topic
Search
Ray
Ray | 13-05-2015 19:23
Found a spelling error or any other contextual error on LetsSingIt? Let me know in here!

Only spelling errors that are related with the LetsSingIt website go in here, to correct spelling errors in content like lyrics, song titles, etc, please use the regular correct forms.
176 to 200 of 315 comments
page 8 of 13
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 30-04-2016 04:18
There are two instances in the Chart PMs the Chart Moderators get where "searchengine" is all one word. Namely, "Chart songs - searchengine traffic last 24 hours" and "Chart albums - searchengine traffic last 24 hours". It should be separate into two words ("search engine").
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 05-05-2016 23:03
When you use the search engine in the music archive for a specific type and don't get results:

- Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
- Search on all music.
- Ask others for help in the LetsSingIt forum.

This second bullet could be changed to "Search in all music." It simply sounds better than "on" in this usage.
Ray
Ray | 06-05-2016 11:22
Up to date!

Thanks guys, perfect work again. I'm happy to see those typos fixed

About a couple of typos:

"Members who [like|liked] this comment"

But correct me if I'm wrong, but I think both "like" and "liked" can be used. I prefer "liked", because then the focus is on the action instead of the result.

"My" tab in the forum

There indeed can be a better name here. I only can't think of something better that covers all the content that is under this tab. If you have an idea, let me know.

YouTube example in tags popup

I can't put a live example there. It not only takes too much room, videos all expire at some moment in time. So whatever real link I there, they end up into a dead link. The text as it is now is hopefully enough to give an impression to new users how to use the tag.

Keep up the good work
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 06-05-2016 21:01
Awesome, thanks a bunch, Ray! There was a lot in that update, glad you finally got around to it.

To respond to the couple of typos you pointed out.

1) Yeah, it is minor, but I think "liked" is better, personally, because the users already liked the comment, therefore it's in the past tense. But that's up to you. As it is currently, it can be interpreted as simply saying a user likes your comment, not the fact that they pressed the Like button. So, however you want it to be stated is fine for this one.

2) I agree, coming up with a name for this is difficult, but as it stands, having the "My" without a word after it is weird, so anything would work better. The only names I can think of are "Personal" since it refers to both things you are following and your own post and topic history, or "My LetsSingIt". That's all I have - perhaps input from others could help there, but I'll report back if a better one pops in my head.

3) I wasn't actually thinking of embedding a YouTube video in the advanced comment form, just updating the video link. But you're right, you can never know what videos will be taken down or deleted. So it's good the way it is.

Anyways, as usual, I double-checked all of the typos, so I'll post the re-fixes in another post to separate them from this. There's a lot, so I'll split them up into two posts for your convenience.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 06-05-2016 21:04
Alright, here's what needs to be re-fixed:

On pages for TV shows, everything that refers to the TV show under the "Contribute" button has it written as "tv show". "TV" should be capitalized in all instances here, and if it appears on any further buttons when you become moderator for a TV show, it should be fixed on those as well.

This in itself seems to be fixed, but the TV show names in the moderating paragraph now include both the year and "(TV show)", which I don't believe they did before as it's rather redundant. Example of what I mean. In this particular example, [2007] and (TV show) should be taken out of the name, and it should just say "The TV show iCarly...". Same for all other instances in that paragraph.
---
On the Become Moderator page:

If you would like to become an artist moderator, find and go to your favorite artists and signup. You can signup using the using the "Contribute" button available on the page of an artist. Are your favorite artists already taken? Take a look at the list with unmodded artists.

"Signup" should be "sign up" in both instances here. Also, I didn't mention these the first time I pointed this out, but "find and go" could be changed to just "go". I feel it sounds better this way since the sentence sounds repetitive with the use of three "and"s. Finally, "using the using the" should be changed to just "using the".
---
When you post in a poll thread that you already voted in:

You already voted on this poll, you can only vote once. However, you can leave another comment.

I suggested changing this to "You already voted on this poll. You can only vote once, but you can leave another comment.", and you ultimately took Scott's suggestion. I preferred my suggestion because this way, the first sentence is split in half, since it doesn't sound grammatically correct the way it is without a transition word. You can read my post about it and decide (first post of page 7).
---
On the Submit page, when you submit an album correction:

Select the album your would like to submit corrections to:

Should be "you".
---
In the ghost text of the comment forms on the Review page:

Enter here why the ___ is/are correct or why not, your comment will help the next reviewers and will be sent to the submitter of this item!

The "here" should be taken out. You seem to have removed it only on certain correction forms, but it should be removed on all of them.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 06-05-2016 21:06
On the Designs page of the Museum:

No more teal, only yellow and grey. This was how the site looked like between 2003 and summer 2006.

The "like" should be taken out.
---
On the Remove this artist please thread:

Names have an "artist" type or "movie/TV show/compilation/... If the artist is actually a movie, it needs to be removed and recreated as movie.

This was partially fixed, but not entirely. You forgot to add a quotation mark and change the last part to "as a movie". It should be: "Names have an "artist" type or "movie/TV show/compilation/...". If the artist is actually a movie, it needs to be removed and recreated as a movie".
---
When adding additional artists to a song:

Under "Remixed by":

Important!: for remixes, please keep the remixed by information in the song name, since remixes often have a name like the "DJ Bazaar Club Mix", "DJ Airball Air Guitar Remix", etc. Place the remix name between square brackets at the end of the song name.

I had originally posted to take "the" out, but I feel like it would sound even better as "such as". So, "since remixes often have a name such as..."
---
Under "Versus":

The resul is one artist "versus" another artist.

Should be "result".
---
Joeyy's suggestion of changing the "Help us finding lyrics for..." in the LSI rotating banner to "Help us find" doesn't appear fixed for me, unless it needs to be refreshed in the cache.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 06-05-2016 21:22
Finally, some extras I found while checking those:

In the content check, when the biography and pictures meet the requirements:

Biography and pictures looks fine!

Should be "look", as it's referring to both biography and pictures.
---
When you review a biography in the Public Review, when the "original" version of a biography is nonexistent, it says "this has currently no biography". This should be changed to "this artist currently has no biography". Picture example of what I'm referring to.
---
Some more in the PMs you receive when you moderate an artist:

You're now responsible for all content of this artist map and your job as moderator is to keep it up to date and correct.

"Of" can be changed to "in".

Under "Forum":

As artist moderator you're automatically following the forum category artist moderators.

The link that is on the text "artist moderators" doesn't work. On top of that, it should be capitalized ("Artist Moderators") since it's the name of the board.

Under "Want to moderate more artists?":

For questions, check the artist moderators section in the forum.

The link works here, but it still needs to be capitalized.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 07-05-2016 12:07
In the chart moderator PMs, there should be a line break before the Chart albums section. All of the other sections have line breaks before them.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 07-05-2016 15:49
Joeyy's suggestion of changing the "Help us finding lyrics for..." in the LSI rotating banner to "Help us find" doesn't appear fixed for me, unless it needs to be refreshed in the cache.

I was correct, this was something that had to be refreshed in the cache and appears fixed now, so you can ignore this part, Ray.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 18-05-2016 22:31
On the description of the Artist board:

Talk about artists. Who's hot, who's not.

This might sound better as "Talk about artists - who's hot, who's not." "Who's hot, who's not" isn't a proper sentence, plus it flows better this way.

On top of that, this board can be renamed to "Artists".
---
On the first four headers of each category of forum boards on the main forum page, all of the headers have "Related" capitalized except "Forum related", so that can be changed to "Forum Related". Also, the four headers can be hyphenated: "Song-Related", "Artist-Related", "Forum-Related", "LetsSingIt.com-Related".

I personally think the fourth header can be changed to just "LetsSingIt-Related", though (without the .com), but the .com may specify that the boards in that category refer to the non-forum part of the site, so that's up to Ray.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 18-05-2016 22:57
The Relation/Friendships board can be renamed to Relationships/Friendships.
---
On the description of the Holidays/Celebrations board:

This is the corner for holiday-rated talk.

Should be "holiday-related".
---
On the description of the TV/Movies board:

Here you can post TV/Movie related messages.

Should be "TV and movie-related messages" (movie shouldn't be capitalized).
---
On the description of the Poetry board:

In this corner you can talk about poems.

Missing a comma after "corner".
---
On the description of the Computer/Internet board:

This is a technical corner for computer related talk - internet, software, building websites, programming, etc.

Should be "computer-related".
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 18-05-2016 23:19
The "Referring urls" section that appears on song and album pages (below Rate and above the YouTube video) should be renamed to "Referring URLs".
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 22-05-2016 15:00
Also, when you're adding a picture for an artist and choose to upload the picture from the internet, the ghost text where you paste the URL says "Enter url ...". This should say "Enter URL ..."
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 24-05-2016 18:48
On the Most Wanted Lyrics page:

This page shows the most popular songs that we don't have the lyrics for yet. Any help find them on the internet or transcribe these lyrics is very much appreciated!

This second sentence isn't grammatically correct and just doesn't sound right. It should be something like "Any help in finding or transcribing these lyrics is very much appreciated!"
---
Then on the Most Wanted Tracklists page:

This page shows the most popular albums that we don't have the tracklist for yet. Any help find them on the internet or transcribe these tracklists is very much appreciated!

Same sentence structure here, but I don't think that "transcribe" is the proper term used for typing out an album tracklist, only for typing out lyrics by ear. So this can be changed to "Any help in finding these tracklists is very much appreciated!"
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 25-05-2016 23:38
When you use the search and no results appear, under "Search tips":

Ask others for help in the LetsSingIt forum.

The text link that is on the word "forum" doesn't work.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 27-05-2016 21:43
When using the rating system, the text for the 3 stars button says "it's ok". This isn't correct - it's either spelled "okay" or "OK" (capitalized). Both versions are acceptable, but if you are to use the "OK" form, it must be capitalized.

Personally, I think "okay" would work better in this case since all of the text for the rating buttons is lowercase, so it would fit nicely.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 01-06-2016 16:20
On the Remove this artist please thread:

Keep in mind we do not add aliases for alternative spellings of a name. An alternative spelling is a minor difference in writing, think of dots, dashes, periods, blank spaces, etc.

"Think of" would sound better as "such as".
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 02-06-2016 17:21
As of this post, the usage percentage in my PM inbox says 23.55%. However, when I click on it, it says this:

Your mailbox currently holds 471 messages, which is 23550% of the maximum of 2,000 for your Gold VIP level.

I'm assuming this is simply an error in the system, perhaps a decimal point shifted a few places by accident.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 09-06-2016 05:02
In the queue it says "Should this new song be added to the archive?" The answers "yes", "no", etc are all in lower case. Since they're starting a new sentence they all should start with capital letters. "Yes", "No", etc.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 09-06-2016 15:13
That might be debatable, Scott. There's a lot of things on the site that Ray keeps lowercase and it might be the "look" he wants.

Speaking of the review, when one chooses the third option, it says this next to their name:

NOT OK (the song is not by this artist or does not exists)

Should be "exist". Strangely enough, this typo doesn't appear on the button itself, only next to a member's name after they choose that option.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 11-06-2016 15:39
When I left a comment on an artist page earlier, in my post feed on my profile it said I left a comment on a forum topic. It seems to appear as "artist comment" in the full post history (when you click your number of comments), just not on the feed that appears on your profile.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 21-06-2016 13:51
The second option when submitting a song reads "I don't know the lyrics / request lyrics". Apologies if I'm mistaken, but do we need the "request lyrics" part of this anymore? I notice the "request lyrics" section was removed from song pages with no lyrics, I think because Ray replaced that feature with Most Wanted Lyrics. If so, this option should just be renamed to "I don't know the lyrics".
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 03-07-2016 15:02
When lyrics stretch the page too far:

The following lines in the lyrics are too wide (max 100 characters), please add enters to these split into smaller lines :

Should be "split these", and the space before the colon should be removed.

On a related note, I'm assuming the max characters per line was increased to 100? I swore it was 75 before. It's confusing, though, because if a line reaches 75 characters, it will still appear in the content check as "wrong lyrics format" without giving you a warning that the line is too long.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 05-07-2016 14:37
Shouldn't the Artist Super Moderators board be renamed to Super Artist Moderators? That's what it says on the profiles of super mods, after all.

With that said, its description would have to be changed:

This category is only visible to artist super moderators and can be used for discussions about artist moderating issues.

Should be "super artist moderators".
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 10-07-2016 13:59
When adding additional artists to a song, under "Versus", it uses this as an example:

Elvis vs. JXL - "A Little Less Conversation"

JXL should be changed to Junkie XL. While the remix is called the JXL Remix, he is in the archive as Junkie XL, so that would be the proper artist name to be added as a "Versus" credit.

Elvis should also be changed to Elvis Presley, as that's his full artist name.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: