LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en
Follow 6
Add topic
Search
Ray
Ray | 13-05-2015 19:23
Found a spelling error or any other contextual error on LetsSingIt? Let me know in here!

Only spelling errors that are related with the LetsSingIt website go in here, to correct spelling errors in content like lyrics, song titles, etc, please use the regular correct forms.
151 to 175 of 315 comments
page 7 of 13
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 11-01-2016 20:18
An alternative on this one:

" You already voted on this poll, you can only vote once. Though, you can leave another comment. "

Though can be switched to "However".

That's what I was originally thinking, but the comma in the first sentence doesn't sound like it's used correctly (probably because there's no transition word after it). So I thought that combining the sentences like I did and removing that comma altogether would be preferable.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 11-01-2016 23:31
Just now noticed that while Ray did partially fix the "1 results" plural appearing when you search for something and only get 1 result, I just realized he only fixed one of them. There's also one in the banner that needs to be fixed.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 12-01-2016 18:59
Some punctuation missing from the opening text on the Forum Moderators list, as well as minor wording fixes.

Here you'll find the moderators of the LetsSingIt forum. They are doing a great job, they keep this forum clean, so have respect for them and obey the rules. If you have forum related questions, contact one of these mods. If you have moderator-related questions contact the forum-administrator Cheater138.

Instead,

"Here, you'll find the moderators of the LetsSingIt forum. They are doing a great job and they keep this forum clean, so have respect for them and obey the rules. If you have forum-related questions, contact one of these mods. If you have moderator-related questions, contact the forum-administrator Cheater138."
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 15-01-2016 00:03
There's a few on the Submit page that I didn't catch.

When pressing the "submit" button for "New artist", in the ghost text that appears in the comment box:

Enter here any information that might help speed up the reviewing process. Think of links to the artist's page on sites like Wikipedia, Amazon, Internet Movie Database (IMDB), the official fanpage, etc ...

The "here" is in the wrong place, but I feel like it would flow better if this was taken out entirely instead of moved to the end of the sentence. I don't think the member really needs to be told to enter something "here". If the ghost text is in the box already, it's implied something should be typed there.

Secondly, the Internet Movie Database officially writes their abbreviation as IMDb, so the "B" should be made lowercase. Lastly, the "etc" should have a dot after it (etc.) and the ellipsis can be removed.
----
When pressing the "submit" button for both "song correction" and "album correction":

Select the song your would like to submit corrections to:

Should be "you".
---
When pressing the "submit" button for "Biography update":

Select the artist for which you would like to update the biography:

Would sound better as "Select the artist you would like to update the biography for".
---
When pressing the "submit" button for "Soundtrack link":

Select the movie, tv-show, etc. you would like to add a new soundtrack to:

Should be "TV show".
---
In the ghost text of the comment forms on the Review page:

Enter here why the ___ is/are correct or why not, your comment will help the next reviewers and will be sent to the submitter of this item!

Again, the "here" can be taken out.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 15-01-2016 00:28
On the Designs page of the Museum:

Under 2003-2006:

No more teal, only yellow and grey. This was how the site looked like between 2003 and summer 2006.

Should be "This was how the site looked between 2003 and summer 2006." The "like" isn't needed.
----
Under 2015:

The current layout runs since May 2015. We renewed the design to make it mobile friendly. Mobile devices are dominating the market and LetsSingIt is now mobile friendly.

The first sentence can be changed to "The current layout has been active since May 2015." ("runs since" doesn't sound right).

The next two sentences sound redundant, so they can be combined into "We renewed the design to make it mobile-friendly, as mobile devices are dominating the market." (Don't forget to hyphenate "mobile friendly")
----
In the opening sentences of the main Museum page:

In the LetsSingIt Museum you'll find material that has no place on the site (anymore) but is still worth to keep.

Should be "worth keeping".
----
Under "LetsSingIt Poll" and on the Poll page itself:

From March 21st, 2003 until June 30th, 2013 LetsSingIt ran a Daily Poll on which every visitor of LetsSingIt could vote on.

Missing a comma after 2013 and has a redundant "on" at the end of the sentence (since it says "on which", there's no need for it, so it can be removed).
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 15-01-2016 01:46
Secondly, the Internet Movie Database officially writes their abbreviation as IMDb, so the "B" should be made lowercase.

Oh, and the "check IMDB" button on the "submit artist" dialog box should be changed to reflect this as well.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 19-01-2016 01:39
When setting a profile picture for an artist:

This tool allows you to edit the artist's profile picture, which is the large picture displayed at the top of all of the pages of the artist.

This would sound slightly better as "at the top of all of the artist's pages.". It doesn't need those extra words.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 30-01-2016 19:14
A few on the "Remove this artist please" thread. Normally typos in forum threads aren't important, but since this is an important thread the whole community will be using to report dupe/fake artists, it should have a neat and tidy OP free of grammar mistakes.

Under 1. Duplicate:

Duplicate artists is not what we want.

This should be rephrased as "We do not want duplicate artists" (the "is" is incorrect, but changing it to "are" also sounds weird to me)
---
Under 2. Incorrect "type":

Name have a type "artist" or "movie/tv show/compilation/..". If the artist is actually a movie, it needs to be removed and recreated as movie.

Should be fixed to "Names have an "artist" type or "movie/TV show/compilation/...". If the artist is actually a movie, it needs to be removed and recreated as a movie." Don't forget to add the extra dot as well, since the ellipsis has three dots, not two.
---
3. Non excisting
Artists that to not exists obviously needs to be removed.

The header should be changed to "3. Non-existing" and the description should be changed to "Artists that do not exist obviously need to be removed."
---
Under "Q. How to handle artists with the same name?":

To distinct artists with the same name[...]

Should be "distinguish".

When both bands are from the same country, find somethings else that distincts the artists, like genre.

"Somethings" should be "something" and "distincts" should be "distinguishes".
---
The header "Q. What can you do myself before reporting a duplicate artist?" should be "What can I do myself before reporting a duplicate artist?"
---
Want to rename an artist, use this thread.

The comma should be a question mark, so "Want to rename an artist? Use this thread."
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 30-01-2016 19:18
Then on the Rename this artist please thread:

Under 1. Incorrect:

If that's the case, report the incorrect writing for removal.

"Writing" should be "name".

Want to remove an artist, use this thread.

Again, the comma should be a question mark, so "Want to remove an artist? Use this thread."
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 02-02-2016 02:39
Found a few when adding a video to a song. I pointed to all of them in this screenshot for extra clarification.

Anyways, both instances of "youtube" (both on the "view on youtube" button and the "published on youtube" date when looking at video results) should be "YouTube", and at the top there's another one of those issues with displaying the correct number of results, as it just says "0 results".
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 07-02-2016 18:05
On pages for TV shows, everything that refers to the TV show under the "Contribute" button has it written as "tv show". "TV" should be capitalized in all instances here, and if it appears on any further buttons when you become moderator for a TV show, it should be fixed on those as well.

Adding to this, when a song is linked to a TV show, it says "from the tv show". So it should be fixed here, as well.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 28-02-2016 14:39
"Do you need help that is LetsSingIt website-related and you didn't find the answer in our help-section? Let us know here! This is also the place to report

if something on the site is broken. "

http://forum.letssingit.com/category/11/support/1

Not sure why it says help-section as it's two words so why the hyphen?
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 05-03-2016 17:40
When getting a message that is automatically flagged for spam:

Be very alerted for spam when a stranger asks you to contact him/her through an email address for reasons like "to get to know eachother better" or "you inherited a large sum of money", etc.

"Alerted" should be "alert", and "eachother" should be "each other".

If you think it is spam or if you would like to verify, use the button "report spam" to alert the webmaster.

In this sentence, what exactly does it mean by "or if you would like to verify"? Verify what? Whatever Ray meant here, it should be more clear.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 05-03-2016 17:45
I thought Juharah just wanted to talk with me.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 13-03-2016 21:52
I think the Concert board should be renamed to Concerts.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 18-03-2016 20:57
When pressing the plus button on the "link to songs" tab of an album, it says "create new song and link to this" in the box. I don't think it would hurt to change it to "create new song and link to this album" for extra clarification.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 11-04-2016 20:09
When adding additional artists to an album:

An additional artist of the album is not mentioned in the main artist or album name, but specified here.

I feel like this would sound better as "additional artist of an album". "The" doesn't sound right in this context.
---
Under "And":

Use "and" when this additional artist co-wrote or co-produced this album in a (often one time) joint project. This additional artist also a "main artist".

Should be "This additional artist is also a "main artist".", and "one time" should be hyphenated (one-time).
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 11-04-2016 20:24
When adding additional artists to a song:

An additional artist of the song is not mentioned in the song name (unless for remixes!), but specified here.

Same as above, would sound better as "An additional artist of a song". Also, "(unless for remixes!)" should be "(except for remixes!)".
---
Under "And":

Use "and" when this additional artist co-wrote or co-produced this song in a (often one time) joint project. This additional artist also a "main artist".

Again, same as above, "one time" should be hyphenated (one-time) and the last sentence should be "This additional artist is also a "main artist"."
---
Under "Duet with":

Use "duet with" when this is explicitely mentioned in the song name, use "and" elsewhere.

Should be "explicitly".
---
Under "Featuring":

Tag the additional artist as guest (or "featuring") artist when the main artist asked this additional artist to be in the song to providing some of the music or vocals.

Should be "provide".
---
Under "Remixed by":

important!: for remixes, please keep the remixed by information in the song name, since remixes often have a name like the "DJ Bazar Club Mix", "DJ Airball Air Guital Remix", etc. Place the remix name between square brackets at the end of the song name.

The "the" I bolded here isn't needed and should be taken out.

I'm not sure if Ray intended to make the "important!" all lowercase, but if he didn't, it should be capitalized ("Important!"). I'm also not sure if Bazar and Guital are typos or are actually spelled that way in the remix title. If they are typos, please correct them to "Bazaar" and "Guitar" respectively, but otherwise ignore this part. I couldn't find any info on such remixes online, so apologies if this is actually how the remix title is spelled.
---
Under "Versus":

The resuls is one artist "versus" another artist.

Should be "result".
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 22-04-2016 01:09
When submitting a new artist:

If you would like to see you name listed as contributor, enter your name here:

Should be "your".
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 22-04-2016 23:13
Under the "Contribute" button:

Find here all users who contributed to [artist].

The "here" would sound better at the very end of the sentence.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 27-04-2016 20:07
When removing an item:

Important!: Only remove this song when it is non existing (fake) or duplicate. For every other reason use the edit functionality instead.

"Non existing" should be hyphenated ("non-existing") and there should be a comma after "reason".
Joeyy
Joeyy | 29-04-2016 05:20
In case you haven't said this one yet:

Help us finding lyrics for: ZOLA - Sibongile Find more wanted lyrics here!

Should be, "Help us find..."
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 29-04-2016 19:34
Good catch. For the sake of keeping track, where is that typo exactly?
roxcyn
roxcyn | 29-04-2016 23:41
Good catch Joey! It's in the ticker at the top of the page - when it scrolls through messages.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: