LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Do you procrastinate?

Follow 5
Add topic
Search
saina
saina | 03-05-2015 09:45
Procrastinator - the one who delays or postpones action or puts off doing something. Deadlines are their biggest disciplinarian and so they work at a trot as it approaches.

Take a while to question yourself, if you procrastinate, why do you do so?
Yes10 (76.9 %)vote
No3 (23.1 %)vote
total votes: 13
16 comments
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 03-05-2015 09:53
Yes
Doesn't every normal person procrastinate? :p
CarlJ
CarlJ | 03-05-2015 12:14
Yes
too much sometimes. still trying to finish that room at the house. should have already been done with it.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 03-05-2015 14:04
Yes
Yup, been like that for 2 or 3 years.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 03-05-2015 14:32
Yes
Of course
saina
saina | 03-05-2015 15:50
Yes
My general reason for procrastinating is usually 'fear of the outcome'. For example: Once there was a project which required me to inquire about banking sector and that in turn needed me to go to complete strangers and try to convince them to talk to me and answer my queries. I delayed doing that till the days were numbered. My fear of talking to strangers was stopping me from doing that task.

Other thing I procrastinate is studying. I like to learn things but when it comes to studying all alone, I procrastinate like a pro. I do that because in the end I rely heavily on what I've learned during the classes and I find, passing exams is an easy task if you actually pay attention in class. But one needs to study to get excellent marks and store the knowledge permanently.
saina
saina | 03-05-2015 15:57
Doesn't every normal person procrastinate?

Yes, everybody does that. But we should make an effort to kick this bad habit.
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 03-05-2015 16:11
No
I definitely have before, but I finally got around to updating my resume/starting to look for another job yesterday so I'll put "no".
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 06-05-2015 19:57
No
Personally, I've never understood procrastinating. I've always been one who gets things done as soon as possible so I don't have to worry about it and can move on with my life. I've never gotten why people put off things until the last minute, either, since it usually results in producing sub-par work when they do wait that long.

And Jeff, I don't particularly like your comment, as it automatically assumes that people like me are abnormal.
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 06-05-2015 20:16
Yes
I meant to answer this poll 3 days ago.
indiechick_
indiechick_ | 13-05-2015 09:44
Yes
i'm doing it as we speak
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 13-05-2015 15:16
Yes
I meant to answer this poll 3 days ago.

Perfectly said! Me too!
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 13-05-2015 15:46

Take a while to question yourself, if you procrastinate, why do you do so?

Thanks Saina...taking time to post is my preference.

I used to have a professional, not personal, Email auto-reply saying I take 3 days to respond---not procrastination on my part, but concerned about always being accurate, doing my fact checking. Never did this social media/network posting items till LSI. I avoided all of this need to post immediately. (No Twitter tweets from me!)

But I found out very quickly (look at my initial LSI postings) that if you wait 3 days to get all the information checked out and perfected....

(No, I'm not NOT! a perfectionist,[another Poll idea for you Saina!] but hate being called wrong when I could have worked a little bit longer and provided the correct and true posting for everyone to read--hope that made sense). [I'm referring here to another recent post I did in a game that I've not yet (days later!) responded back to my being wrong about the topic as I posted again too quickly!!]

So while waiting longer to post any particular sentence on LSI, as I rewrite it better and better, meant that on Randomness etc threads that everyone else posting, had meanwhile, moved on to new topics. Therefore, either my point is now totally irrelevant, or no one would bother to read it as many posts would have been shared back and forth by the time I got mine up . (this post by the way went up too quickly for my liking too....so probably would not have all the wording as good or correct as I would like it to be)

* offtopic :
Before sending this.... thinking to myself out loud, now if I only had Editing powers of a Mod----I'd post in 30 seconds all the time knowing I can correct it... but not fair to others here who can't edit---so I don't want that editing power for that reason alone. (I am on older sites---that allow editing after you post at any time---but of course it leaves a trace at bottom of post saying how many times you edited, plus a space for "a why" you fill in ---and the computer auto completes for you, what was edited for everyone to see prior and post edit words---maybe someday LSI can adopt that method as many sites use it---would keep powers of editing even among everyone to edit their own posts after we all have done it, "oops!!" pressing the 'save' button too soon!
saina
saina | 13-05-2015 17:48
* offtopic :

Whatever you say, Practice. You do sound like a perfectionist, at least when it comes to posting here. Which in turn, makes you delay in responding. And yes, I'd seen that post in the game. My poor Loris

On the suggestion of the new poll- Why don't you do that? It's after all your idea.

After getting used to the system of being unable to edit a post, I am finding it charming actually. It's almost like saying the words aloud. Once the words are spoken, they can't be taken back. It has helped me in a positive way. It made me wait for a minute and re-think about what I'm posting here. But yes, sometimes I wish I could edit the blunders I make now and them.

Dark_Hawk
Dark_Hawk | 17-05-2015 23:29
Yes
Yes, although it's something I'm working to fix
xfallenstar44x
xfallenstar44x | 03-07-2015 07:41
Yes
I procrastinate so hard a friend typo'd the word procrastinate with my name in it. Hi, I'm Cristin and I procristinate.
saina
saina | 03-07-2015 18:28
Hi, Cristin and welcome to Procrastination Anonymous Club.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: