LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

LetsSingIt Madness: Cute Animals Edition (FINISHED)

Follow 2
Add topic
Search
Joeyy
Joeyy | 01-05-2015 02:58
Trying my hand at the LSI Madness game with an edition involving some of our planet's cutest animals. Hope you like it. Each round will be up for at least a few days to give members time to vote; there'll be 64 creatures in total for you to whittle down to one: the cutest by majority vote.

There aren't really any rules other than the website's usual, but I do ask that you click the links to check out each of the images. Hopefully there will be a few creatures you were previously unfamiliar with.

N.B. There are a boatload of adorable puppy, kitten, rabbit, etc. pics out there, and pretty much every baby/young animal is cute - thus, I've gone with less obvious choices, the images of which should be adults.

I also opted for photos where the creatures are in a natural habitat; are alone; and in which most or all of their body is showing. Hence, the linked images might not be the cutest of each animal, but they're "fair".

Get ready to make some tough choices, folks.

------------

WINNER: Ermines
Runner-up: Fennec foxes
1 to 25 of 244 comments
page 1 of 10
Joeyy
Joeyy | 01-05-2015 03:00
Feel free to make comments about the toughness of certain decisions or if you disagree with calling a particular creature "cute".
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 01-05-2015 03:26
Adelie penguin
Wombat
Panda
Slow Loris
Piglet squid (Neither of them very cute)
Japanese Dwarf Flying Squirrel
Elephant shrew
Axolotl

How can a caterpillar be an adult? And shouldn't it be moth rather than mother?

I approve of this game.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 01-05-2015 03:30
Adelie penguin
Wombat
Bottlenose dolphin
Fennec fox
Piglet squid (both are freaky ugly though)
Shetland pony
Least weasel
Joeyy
Joeyy | 01-05-2015 03:39
Haha, edited, thanks. That part doesn't count for that one, smartypants.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 01-05-2015 03:39
You don't like the piglet squid? It's so funny-looking. Like a chubby, transparent face with curly hair.

Funny thing about piglet squids: There are at least two, very different-looking versions and I can't find an explanation as to why. A friend suggested the transparent one is the adult. The smaller one looks like this. Vegetable with eyes.
fishmunky
fishmunky | 01-05-2015 03:54
Adelie Penguin
Hedgehog (you used a bad picture to convey it's adorableness though)
Panda
Fennec Fox
Piglet Squid
Elephant Shrew
Axolotl (because I lieks mudkipz)

If i didn't have an opinion i showed the pictures to my wife and gave it based on the loudness of her squees, its the only fair way
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 01-05-2015 03:54
Royal antelope
Hedgehog
Panda
Fennec fox
Elephant Hawk Moth Caterpillar
Elephant shrew
Least weasel
Joeyy
Joeyy | 01-05-2015 04:05
I know, but 'twas deliberate. It was difficult to choose images for some of them - different sub-species or having to ignore the pics where they look the most adorable.

I wanted to go with images where they look natural and the photo isn't taken in a way that makes them look especially cute.

zjenn4
zjenn4 | 01-05-2015 04:24
I've always wanted a hedgehog and a fox. I'll take one of those weasels too.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 01-05-2015 05:05
I don't know about the weasel, but I know people keep ferrets as pets and they look somewhat similar.

We used to have hedgehogs living under the shed! But that was years ago and we've seen none since then. :-(
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 01-05-2015 05:06
My choices

Adelie penguin
Hedgehog
Panda
Fennec fox
Elephant shrew
Axolotl

Great fun idea Joey! Hope everyone enjoys doing this game (come on! partipate everyone!)

* offtopic :
I have a commment to say but as I learned from the last Pointless---not going to post anything until whole game is long over
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 01-05-2015 05:12
oh late with a comment as to why chose Hedgehog--besides liking British versions of things in general---have a hedgehog boot scraper ---(never use it! its a cute decoration!) So guess after living with one, I'm partial to that choice!
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 01-05-2015 06:29
Hedgehogs are British? I don't think your comment will spoil the game since this isn't a competition, and it's unlikely to change people's opinion. Joey said feel free to comment.

The piglet squid becomes cuter the more I look at it.
JDolla
JDolla | 01-05-2015 11:14
How do I even pick? They all look so delicious.

Penguin (Fried)
Wombat (Grilled)
Panda (Stir Fried)
Fox (Slow-Roasted)
Squid (Calamari'd)
Flying Squirrel (Flame Broiled)
Pony (Stewed)
Weasel (Kebabs)
CarlJ
CarlJ | 01-05-2015 13:30
Adelie penguin
Hedgehog
Panda
Fennec fox
Shetland pony
Axolotl
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 01-05-2015 13:30
Adelie penguin
Hedgehog
Panda
Fennec fox
Piglet squid
Echidna
Elephant shrew
Least weasel

Love the idea of this.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 01-05-2015 13:43
On Google Images there are completely brown hedgehogs and hedgehogs with a white underbelly. Maybe the former are the British version of the American hedgehog and that's what Practice meant. Although if they're "British", they're also probably like that throughout Europe, like the European robin (compared to the American). I don't know.
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 01-05-2015 14:16
Awww. The European robin is all round and chubby.
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 01-05-2015 20:37
Adelie penguin
Hedgehog
Bottlenose dolphin
Fennec fox
Piglet squid
Elephant shrew
Least weasel
Joeyy
Joeyy | 01-05-2015 22:10
Adelie penguin
Wombat
Panda
Fennec fox
Piglet squid
Echidna
Shetland pony
Least weasel
Joeyy
Joeyy | 01-05-2015 22:11
Damn it was hard to choose between the wombat and hedgehog. Also, aw, the slow loris. They are cuties.

I had to go with Jeff on the echidna - the Japanese Dwarf Flying Squirrel is kinda freaky-looking to me. Surely where the Japanese took the huge anime eyes from.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 01-05-2015 23:20
For Lisa and Joey's comments above---

Using a Wikipedia article as it says it better than I can:

A hedgehog is any of the spiny mammals of the subfamily Erinaceinae, which is in the order Erinaceomorpha. There are seventeen species of hedgehog in five genera, found through parts of Europe, Asia, Africa and New Zealand (by introduction). There are no hedgehogs native to Australia, and no living species native to the Americas. Hedgehogs share distant ancestry with shrews (family Soricidae), with gymnures possibly being the intermediate link, and have changed little over the last 15 million years.[2] Like many of the first mammals, they have adapted to a nocturnal way of life.[3] Hedgehogs' spiny protection resembles that of the unrelated rodent porcupines and monotreme echidnas.

The name hedgehog came into use around the year 1450, derived from the Middle English heyghoge, from heyg, hegge ("hedge"), because it frequents hedgerows, and hoge, hogge ("hog"), from its piglike snout.[4] Other names include urchin, hedgepig and furze-pig. The collective noun for a group of hedgehogs is array or prickle.

And for the Robin---happy you chose that as your example Joey--I get to copy and paste my favorite Robin "story" for others to read:

The early English colonists, who had doubtless been
brought up, like the rest of us, on "The Babes in the
Wood," named the bird after the only heroes ia that
melancholy tale; but in reality the American robin is a
much larger bird than the little European robin-red-
breast and less brilliantly colored. John Burroughs calls
him, of all our birds, "the most native and democratic."

From "Birds Worth Knowing" 1917!
Joeyy
Joeyy | 01-05-2015 23:35
I don't know if you had a point or just wanted to share the information, but thanks?

What you said reminded me - did you (anyone) know that the European robin is currently, but possibly not for much longer, the unofficial bird of the UK? It was put to the public vote in...the 1960s, I believe.

Some guy decided we should vote again now.
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 01-05-2015 23:38
Adelie penguin
Wombat
Panda
Fennec fox
Piglet squid
Elephant shrew
Least weasel
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: