LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

LetsSingIt Madness: Cute Animals Edition (FINISHED)

Follow 2
Add topic
Search
Joeyy
Joeyy | 01-05-2015 02:58
Trying my hand at the LSI Madness game with an edition involving some of our planet's cutest animals. Hope you like it. Each round will be up for at least a few days to give members time to vote; there'll be 64 creatures in total for you to whittle down to one: the cutest by majority vote.

There aren't really any rules other than the website's usual, but I do ask that you click the links to check out each of the images. Hopefully there will be a few creatures you were previously unfamiliar with.

N.B. There are a boatload of adorable puppy, kitten, rabbit, etc. pics out there, and pretty much every baby/young animal is cute - thus, I've gone with less obvious choices, the images of which should be adults.

I also opted for photos where the creatures are in a natural habitat; are alone; and in which most or all of their body is showing. Hence, the linked images might not be the cutest of each animal, but they're "fair".

Get ready to make some tough choices, folks.

------------

WINNER: Ermines
Runner-up: Fennec foxes
51 to 75 of 244 comments
page 3 of 10
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 04-05-2015 18:14
Sea otter
Wallaby
Koala
Ili pika
Long-eared jerboa
Puffin
Skunk
Meerkat
saina
saina | 04-05-2015 18:20
Otter . . (Doesn't it look cute while floating on its back? And the Devil looked cute as Baby Taz only)

Chipmunk . . (Let's make it a general rule here: Saina likes Squirrels.)

Koala . . (It was instilled into me since childhood that if you ever go to Australia, do visit Koalas there. I blame Discovery Channel for this, and Nat Geo and Animal Planet too.)

Long-Ears . . (Hmm, there's something about big ears. First it was foxy and now this cute jerboa. Just Kidding! I saw a documentary about this jumping creature and since then I find it adorable.

Puffin . . (In comparison to Pangolin, Puffin is cuter.)

Skunk . . (Like Jeff said, too bad that they stink. But only when they're scared. Poor skunk!)

Meerkat . . (Again, I think it's a Discovery channel effect.)
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 05-05-2015 18:03
Tasmanian devil
Chipmunk
Koala
Spectral tarsier (reminds me of ty beanie boos)
Porcupine
Puffin
Chameleon
Meerkat
Joeyy
Joeyy | 05-05-2015 18:20
Aww, it looks a bit like this one!
Joeyy
Joeyy | 05-05-2015 18:26
I'm alone in my slow loris love? Come on, those huge eyes!

Aw, I do love the slow loris - Mil did, too - but all foxes are lovely and the fennec fox has those huge ears...

Skunk (now if you had a size scale for the Chameleon I'd might have taken it---they can be really tiny 15mm--I've held it and its cute--curled tail around my finger---but I guess out of your two photos Skunk wins!)

Someone needs to hold up a banana next to the little chameleon, then.

First it was foxy and now this cute jerboa. Just Kidding!

Some of the animals will share similar physical traits and a few will be from the same family/species, but I think they're different enough to include.

I'm with Ant and B...I still haven't made my mind up about the spectral tarsier.
goretski
goretski | 05-05-2015 18:37
I still believe baby Dwarf rabbits are the absolute cutest critters of all.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 05-05-2015 18:43
No babies; no rabbits. Most animal babies/young are cute, and I could never choose between the thousands of cute rabbits (nor puppies/dogs, kittens/cats, etc.) out there. I mentioned it in the original post.

But yeah, rabbits are adorable. I had one myself up until last year.
saina
saina | 05-05-2015 20:06
Oye! I missed "Spectral tarsier vs. Ili pika". Joey, please include my choice, Ili Pika into my list of answers.
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 06-05-2015 02:36
Tasmanian devil (heck yes!)
Chipmunk
Koala
Ili pika
Long-eared jerboa (I totally want one)
Puffin
Chameleon
Meerkat
Joeyy
Joeyy | 06-05-2015 03:29
Not a problem, Saina. Sorry for not noticing - hopefully I would've upon counting votes.

We'll end this round Wednesday night UK time, 'bout seventeen hours.
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 06-05-2015 15:09
Sea otter
Chipmunk
Koala
Ili pika
Porcupine
Puffin
Skunk
Meerkat
Joeyy
Joeyy | 06-05-2015 17:42
Sea otter
Chipmunk
Speckled Padloper Tortoise
Ili pika
Long-eared jerboa
Puffin
Skunk
Meerkat

I know koalas look like teddy bears, but I don't know...something feels a bit off about them. They look almost evil to me. :/

I had to go with the ili pika; reminds me of a dog.

And aww, the porcupine is adorable, but those tiny legs and big ears on the jerboa.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 06-05-2015 17:46
Oh oh, and tamanduas are pretty cute, especially when carrying babies on their backs. But alone, the meerkat wins.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 06-05-2015 20:30
Results of Round 1, Part 2

Sea otter (9) beats Tasmanian devil (4)
Chipmunk (12) beats wallaby (1)
Koala (11) beats Speckled Padloper Tortoise (2)
Ili pika (10) beats spectral tarsier (3)
Porcupine (7) beats Long-eared jerboa (6)
Puffin (12) beats pangolin (1)
Skunk (7) beats chameleon (6)
Meerkat (11) beats tamandua (2)

PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 06-05-2015 21:44
Common seal
Mountain goat
Eurasian pygmy owl
Mrs. Puff
Arctic fox
Quokka
Ermine
Fruit bat
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 06-05-2015 21:51
Thanks for the Cockatoo display Joey!

And does the results for Part 2 mean that my simply chosing Skunk over Chameleon gave it the win??

Common seal (what a human like smile!)
Coatimundi
Eurasian pygmy owl
Puffer fish (had friendly one I visited often in a place I go to---very fun and friendly to watch swimming---to bad this edition of the game only has stil photos--maybe next version they can be You Tube Clips or something like that!)
Arctic fox
Quokka (I'm not sure, but think this is the first poisionous creature you've had here --the stingray---so to me, since I knew someone who died from it--I can't give a cuteness award to it, ever)
Ermine
Tree frog
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 06-05-2015 22:58
Common seal
Mountain goat
Eurasian pygmy owl
Fat-tailed Dunnart
Arctic fox
Quokka
Ermine
Fruit bat (Both are ugly as hell)
Joeyy
Joeyy | 06-05-2015 23:25
Noo, they're both cute!

I'm not sure what you mean, Practice. Each of the votes for the skunk helped it win; yours wasn't the last.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 06-05-2015 23:29
I believe pufferfish (all one word, whoops) are also poisonous (but sorry to remind you of the person who died).
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 06-05-2015 23:30
What if we can't decide between one of them? Do we have the option to leave that one blank?
Joeyy
Joeyy | 06-05-2015 23:42
You do indeed, but please put ------ or something like that so it's clear to see and I know you've not missed it out accidentally.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 06-05-2015 23:45
Probably should've asked that before I submitted my vote. Thank you.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 06-05-2015 23:55
I can edit your post if you like (the last vote, yes?)
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: