LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Roxcyn's Lyric Transcription / Editing Assistance

Follow 4
Add topic
Search
roxcyn
roxcyn | 19-04-2015 02:42
Hi! I will use this thread for songs that need edited with hard to hear lyrics or who have no lyrics at all on the website. Thank you!

My first request:

If you could help me with this song:

Enrique Iglesias - Break Me Shake Me

3:11--3:39 is the part in question. It's hard to hear. Let me know what you hear.
101 to 125 of 142 comments
page 5 of 6
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 08-04-2016 10:22
Well, a few months ago the song was released as downloadable content for Rock Band 4, which has lyrics provided as you sing vocals. Rock Band 4 uses the official lyrics and vocal stems from the record label for their vocal charts, and they had it as "bound to get together". So I think that's a good source to use.

I do know what you mean, though. Some lyrics sites have it as "born" instead of "bound", but most sources point to "bound". Plus it makes more sense in context.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 08-04-2016 10:26
For some reason their official site doesn't have the lyrics so that's why I was doubting myself. You really don't hear the n-d sound at all. I though it was born at first, then I wasn't sure. That's good we have confirmation it should be "bound" then.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 13-07-2016 03:40
Here's another one:

[WARNING: EXPLICIT CONTENT AHEAD! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED]

Bart Baker - Fat hungry bitch

It's already 1:10-1:12 in the song--I don't really understand what they say in the lyric. I have put a [?] as you see in the lyrics. Any help is appreciated. It's an explicit song and it may offend you so my apologizes in advance.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 13-07-2016 15:38
The lyrics are in the description of the video. It says "Deep throat, brown takes sh*ts like Hobo". You should probably correct the rest of the lyrics based on the video description, as well.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 13-07-2016 15:41
Hm, that is weird, I didn't see that in the description at all. Thanks for the heads up.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 13-07-2016 15:41
You're welcome I often check the description of videos like that for lyrics before trying to transcribe them on my own. Often YouTubers that do parodies and original songs do put lyrics in the description.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 10-10-2016 04:24
I was enjoying Justin Timberlake's I Can't Stop The Feeling1! when someone in the FB comments mentioned the lyrics are incorrect. I corrected the video (the lyrical video was annoying because it advertised another song) so I switched it to the official video. I compared what we had to what Genius had and I hope I changed it to the best lyrics possible. Some doubts:
"soul" versus "song" - sounds like he says "soul" but I could see where it could be "song".
Another thing, the title on Spotify is in all capital letters, as it is on Genius.

Thanks for any assistance for LSI!
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 10-10-2016 13:43
The lyrics on Genius are the correct ones. Justin Timberlake verified them himself. And yeah, the song is stylized in all capital letters on most places.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 10-10-2016 14:35
Ok, good, so should it be changed to all capital letters?
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 10-10-2016 16:41
I don't think it's terribly important that we change it to all caps, but you can if you want as it is how it's stylized.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 10-10-2016 17:16
Done, thanks for the help.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 20-11-2016 03:27
Nicole Westbrook - It's Thanksgiving. So, there are several parts I'm not quite getting. Would anyone like to help? I tired my best.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 20-11-2016 04:59
What exactly were you stuck with? Several other lyrics sites have the lyrics and they look correct to me. I made some adjustments.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 20-11-2016 05:11
When they list the items - eh or and?
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 20-11-2016 14:31
I'm pretty sure it's "ey", if you're referring to the backing vocals in parentheses.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 20-11-2016 18:25
Ok, I'll post my update in the evening.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 20-11-2016 22:37
What will you be updating? I already updated most of it.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 21-11-2016 04:09
I can post it right away. Here's what I hear (you have to go to the iTunes or Spotify album version to hear it well). You deleted a lot of my background vocals. Some notes - when the male singer says "New Year's" I don't hear that "s" sound at all. When she says about it being her favorite it cuts off so I don't hear "day". So if it's okay, I'm going to submit the changes:

Oh whoa oh
Yeah yeah,
Alright, yeah
Oh oh oh
Oh oh oh
Oh oh oh, oh yeah
Oh oh oh
Oh oh oh
Alright
Come on

I'm wide awake
And I should take
A step and say "thank you, thank you"
For the things you've done, and what you did
Oh yeah, ooh yeah

December was Christmas (Christmas)
January was New Year's (New Year's)
April was Easter
And the Fourth of July but now it's Thanksgiving

Oh oh oh, it's Thanksgiving (Thanksgiving)
We we we, we're gonna have a good time
Oh oh oh, it's Thanksgiving
We we we are gonna have a good time
With the turkey (Ey!)
And mashed potatoes (Ey!)
We we we, are gonna have a good time
With the turkey (Ey!)
It's Thanksgiving
It's Thanksgiving (Alright)

You know school is out
I can shout, "thank you, thank you, thank you!"
No matter how you do, no matter what you say
This is my favorite...

December was Christmas (Christmas)
January was New Year's (New Year's)
April was Easter
And the Fourth of July but now it's Thanksgiving

Oh oh oh, it's Thanksgiving (Thanksgiving)
Oh oh oh, it's Thanksgiving (Alright)
With the turkey (Ey!)
With the turkey (Ey!)
It's Thanksgiving
It's Thanksgiving

Yo, it's Thanksgiving-givin' and I'm tryin' to be forgivin' (Come on, girl)
Nothing is forbidden, you know what we gotta have
I gotta give thanks to you, and you, and you
Can't be hateful, gotta be grateful
Gotta be grateful, can't be hateful
Mashed potatoes on my, on my table
I got ribs smelling' up my neighbors' cribs
Havin' good times, we be laughin' 'til we cry

It's Thanks, Thanks, Thanksgiving
Come on
It's Thanks, Thanks, Thanksgiving
Give 'em thanks, y'all

With the turkey (Ey!)
With the turkey (Ey!)
It's Thanksgiving
It's Thanksgiving
roxcyn
roxcyn | 19-12-2016 05:20
I think the lyrics are wrong on this song. Thanks, PP, for bringing it to my attention.

Petit Biscuit - Sunset Lover
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 19-12-2016 16:47
Oh hey, I know this song. Nope, I'm pretty sure this song isn't meant to have actual "lyrics", it sounds like it's just chopped up vocal samples made to fit the rhythm. Those lyrics listed are actually for the Josh Kelley song of the same name. I changed the song to an instrumental for you.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 19-12-2016 20:28
Ok, thanks, Nicolas, but I'm pretty sure they say something in the song. I'll listen to it when I get free time.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 20-12-2016 01:21
I don't think so. A lot of electronic songs like this will often use wordless vocal samples to accompany the track. The sites that don't have the lyrics for the Josh Kelley song have it listed as instrumental (see Genius, for example).
roxcyn
roxcyn | 20-12-2016 06:10
"Love and stars it's gonna be love" that's what I hear.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 14-06-2017 04:36
There are several spots I'm not sure of. Could you guys give it a whirl? Thank you!
Men Without Hats - The Safety Dance
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 14-06-2017 15:12
This song is a very popular song so whatever you're unsure about is probably on the internet somewhere. What part are you referring to?
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: