LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Roxcyn's Lyric Transcription / Editing Assistance

Follow 4
Add topic
Search
roxcyn
roxcyn | 19-04-2015 02:42
Hi! I will use this thread for songs that need edited with hard to hear lyrics or who have no lyrics at all on the website. Thank you!

My first request:

If you could help me with this song:

Enrique Iglesias - Break Me Shake Me

3:11--3:39 is the part in question. It's hard to hear. Let me know what you hear.
51 to 75 of 142 comments
page 3 of 6
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 09-06-2015 05:38
Yes, and the original is here. It seemed like you wanted to add more lyrics, but both versions are on the site already.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 09-06-2015 05:41
I think I see what you are saying. The wrong version is linked to the album. If that's the case I can fix that just let me know.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 09-06-2015 05:43
I submitted a correction to the moderator to have 14 tracks since some albums have both versions.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 09-06-2015 05:45
To have 14 tracks corrected or added?
roxcyn
roxcyn | 09-06-2015 05:51
To have 14 tracks to album "7" instead of 13. See CD vs Spotify.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 09-06-2015 05:58
I believe you, I just read it weird, sorry.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 09-06-2015 06:02
Oh no problem. Is it okay to wait on the moderator? I'm in no rush.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 09-06-2015 06:17
Yeah, it's best to wait to prevent confusion.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 17-06-2015 06:56
Ok, the moderator updated it. Nope, the album version is not quite right. I'll update it.
koyepz
koyepz | 04-07-2015 15:59
Hi everyone.
Can I request a lyric transcription here?
I have this one song and I'm having difficulties to transcribe it myself.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 04-07-2015 16:01
* offtopic :
Hi and welcome to the forum!
koyepz
koyepz | 04-07-2015 16:07
Sorry, I accidentally hit the enter button on my previous post. Didn't know there's a pop-up comment form.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 04-07-2015 16:11
* offtopic :
Please start your own thread with the artist's name and song. You can click on the nut bolt to edit your post (which it looks like you did) or you can push shift and enter at the same time if you need to push enter on here. Enter just will post your message unless you do the pop out option.

Click on Add Topic, then create your title (probably include the artist and the song title.) Post it in "Song help"
roxcyn
roxcyn | 20-07-2015 06:03
Hi again! Joeyy, if you could help as this song specifically uses a lot of BrEn. I thought I heard the words right, but there are some phrases that I think that are wrong.

The good - the YT video has the lyrics, but some parts aren't right. The song title is listed incorrectly on the YT video.

Jason Mraz - Girl On Page 3

MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 21-07-2015 12:42
I'll give this a shot, going from the lyrics in the description and adjusting accordingly. Most of it didn't sound that much off, minus some spelling and capitalization errors. I bolded the parts that may be wrong.

By the way, this song must be rare! I couldn't find it on any of his studio albums - how did you find it?

Girl on page three
Huh!
Hey, hey, hey
Huh!
Hey, hey, hey
Huh!
Hey, hey, hey

When I was barely eighteen
Didn't make the A-team
Flunked out of school, wasn't cool
Mom and Daddy saw that I was lost
And cured me at a cost
They put me on a jet plane
Now I'm in the UK, I'm the boss

Stayed with the crazy uncle
A little wrinkled old male
I couldn't figure out the reason
That he bought the papers every day
Until he showed me the way
He turned me on to page three
Naked beauties staring back at me
Me, huh!

(Hey, hey, hey)
I had to meet her
(Hey, hey, hey)
Now that i read her
(Hey, hey, hey)
She's barely legal for love

Girl on page three
Please come with me
For crumpets and tea
Over my knee
My fantasy
Is a girl on page three

So i called up Rupert Murdoch
Told him I was 2Pac
Ready to give my exclusive to The Daily Mirror and The Sun
But after we were done
He'd have to introduce me to my favorite naked writer number one
(Wait a minute, wait a minute
You're never gonna believe what happened next)

On came the paper's editor
He swore i couldn't get at her
Unless I take an offer at that newspaper 'til 2017
Sounded like a deal to me
So now I'm her competitor
We take it off together on page three
Come on, now

(Hey, hey, hey)
This ain't no fiction
(Hey, hey, hey)
I got a big subscription
(Hey, hey, hey)
I got a personal delivery

From the girl on page three
Please come with me
For crumpets and tea
Over my knee
My fantasy
Is the girl on page three

We like to shag, watch Neighbours
And have it up on Coronation Street (Uh-huh)
I like a sweet EastEnder
We blow a pound, you know what i mean

Bring in that guitar lead, come on
Yeah, yeah, yeah
I feel a slag, I like to brag
Alright, alright, alright, alright, alright

She's the girl on page three
And she's coming with me
For crumpets and tea
Over my knee
My fantasy
Is the girl on page three

(One more time, sing along)
She's the girl on page three
And she's coming with me
For crumpets and tea
Over my knee
My fantasy
The girl on page three
roxcyn
roxcyn | 22-07-2015 02:44
* offtopic :
He and Gregg Alexander wrote it. On the New Radicals forum a fellow member said it wasn't released and boom, I went to YouTube and it was on there! It sounds like a demo, and it has the wrong title listed. Let's see if Joeyy will take a listen to it.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 22-07-2015 03:13
I think most of what Nicolas has is right. The references to UK shows ('Neighbours' is Australian, but it's always been popular here) and newspapers and the media big shot Rupert Murdoch are correct. My changes:

He swore I couldn't get at her
Unless I take it off at that newspaper 'til 2017

It's saying he's joining her in being one of the nude models for the paper; taking off his clothes (So now I'm her competitor / We take it off together on page three)

I think after, "I got a personal delivery" it's, "For the girl on page three" rather than "From" – sounds to me like "for", and it makes more sense in the context. Personal delivery for Nicolas – a late virtual birthday cake!

I'm not sure it's, "I feel a slag", but I can't hear what else it might be (slag = demeaning word for someone, usually female, who has sex with a lot of people). I counted two additional all right's/alright's in the line after that.

Otherwise, looks good.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 22-07-2015 03:15
"A little wrinkled old male" is a weird line, but at the moment I can't think what else it might be. Maybe after a few more listens.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 22-07-2015 15:49
Yeah, I think the majority of it is correct now and he can submit it if he wants to. As for the "alright"s, yeah, it was early in the morning on my birthday so I didn't bother to re-listen to that line. I had a feeling I was a few alrights off but it's not a big deal.

And thanks for the late virtual birthday cake! If I could taste it, it would probably be better than the real one I had.

* offtopic :
By the way, Joeyy, could you perhaps help in my transcription thread too? It's been over two months since you last posted there.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 23-07-2015 15:59
* offtopic :
Happy Birthday, Nicolas--again.
Yup, I need to work on your songs---sorry for the delay.

The lines I weren't sure of:
And cured me out of cost - I don't think it was right, but "cured me at a cost" didn't sound quite right, either.

"A little, wrinkled old male" -> I thought I heard "A little, illiterate old male" after a few listens, but it could be either.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, I feel a slag I like to brag" -> I thought it sounded like "bag" not "brag", which would make sense in the context.

What do you all think?
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 25-07-2015 12:35
1) I thought "cured me at a cost" made a little more sense. I thought it was another way of saying his parents cured him of being lost, but at a price (sending him to the UK, which he ultimately loves and now "he's the boss"). Could be wrong, but I can't hear anything else there.

2) It's definitely not "A little, illiterate old male" because for one, I don't hear the "little" part (just "illiterate old male") and I also hear another sound that inclines me to think it is "wrinkled". When re-listening to that line for "illiterate old male", I still heard the "-kled" part of "wrinkled", so it has to be either "wrinkled" or something else.

3) I don't hear anything else besides "slag" there, but listening to it again, it sounds like the second half could be "I like a brag" or "I like a bag", but neither of those make sense.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 13-10-2015 09:12
Next song:
Enrique Iglesias - Roamer

We already have it on LSI, but some spots aren't quite right & I'm not sure if I'm hearing it right. Let me know if you need the lyrical booklet for this song.

Thanks for all the help, LSI family!
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 26-10-2015 14:49
Before I help with this, you're asking if we need the lyrics booklet for this song. Are the lines you're having trouble with in the lyrics booklet? I'm just making sure, because last time, everything we corrected turned out to be in the lyrics booklet once you found it.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 27-10-2015 06:26
Thanks Nicolas for the reply. There are parts of the songs that are *not* in the lyrics booklet. However, I will share it with you guys.

CD booklet

This is what we have on LSI for the lyrics.

The parts I am not sure of (from the YT link above):
0:09--0:11
0:40
1:30
1:49
2:17--2:24
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 28-10-2015 21:20
Gave it a shot. I'm confident in most of it since 99% of it was in the lyrics booklet. Though the question marks in the "How's about a night, how's about a flight, supernova" line are a bit ambiguous to me. I'm not sure if he's referring to someone as his supernova or just saying it as the next line (the lyrics booklet just has "Supernova" as its own line). But that's not too important.

I think I got all of the parts at the times you listed as well, and I bolded the parts at the times you listed for easy access. I'm kind of confused why you needed help at these parts, though, since all of this was in the lyrics booklet. Except for the part at 2:17-2:24 - but I don't think it's important to the song, it just sounds like some random ad-lib sounds (kind of sounds like "I say, ooh")
---
(Like a roamer)

Hello, I'm coming into town again
How's about a night? How's about a flight, supernova?
I know that I've been kinda hot and cold
But you never go away, no matter what I say
In the moment

My meter's running low
I've been moving everywhere
Spreading out my wings, trying everything
But that's over
'Cause when I'm on my own
Or waking up with someone new
It never feels the same, I'm mixing up the names
Like a roamer

Goodbye, I'm going on the road again
But I'm bringing you along
In each and every song, lucky clover
And I, I always wanna see your face
'Cause looking in your eyes is where I see my life
When I'm older

My meter's running low
But that's over
Like a roamer

Like a roamer
Just like a roamer

Mississippi, Tennessee
Argentina, NYC
California, Mexico, like a roamer
Russia, San Francisco Bay, Berlin to the UK
Around the world in 80 days
Like a roamer

(Don't wanna go away) Don't wanna go away
Don't wanna go

My meter's running low
I've been moving everywhere (No)
But that's over
Or waking up with someone new (No)
Like a roamer
Like a roamer

My meter's running low
But that's over
(I'm gonna come for you, I'm gonna come for you)
(I'm gonna come for you, I'm gonna come for you, yeah)
Like a roamer
Like a roamer

Mississippi, Tennessee
Argentina, NYC
California, Mexico, like a roamer
Russia, San Francisco Bay, Berlin to the UK
Around the world in 80 days
Like a roamer

Like a roamer

-----

I've really been liking the songs you've posted from this album. I think I like "Break Me Shake Me" more, though. Did you grow up with this album in the early 2000s? Like I mentioned to you before, the songs have that typical air of early-2000s pop and for me, they have a vague sense of nostalgia to them despite never hearing them before. I was only in kindergarten when this came out, hah.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: