LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Not known (Solved)

Follow 3
Add topic
Search
Coopercat
Coopercat | 16-04-2015 09:56
I heard recently, in an advert for DFS, a rock song from either the 50's or 60's and the lyrics are as follows

Early in the morning 'bout a quarter to four
Rooster came clawing at my front door
Cock-a doodle do, right in my ear
Get up, get up, another day is here

Chorus

Get up with the Sun, that's all............ didn't get anymore as advert had voice overs on the screen

Can anyone let me know who sang this, as it would sound great on my Jukebox
5 comments
fishmunky
fishmunky | 18-04-2015 22:57
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 20-04-2015 11:56
Great going there Anthony! I tried and came up dry....

* offtopic :
Don't know where to ask or post, but LSI does not have this song in its collection---nor the lyrics---if someone who has the Artist Mod power would like to use the supplied typed lyrics as a start and ask someone to fill in the rest---and add in the You Tube of the song Anthony provided, that would be a start---I'm not yet a Artist Mod, so that is beyond my ability to "just do it" as the Nike commercial says... (considering it)

* offtopic :
See my comment in other Song Help thread about the suggestion of sending him a PM so alert him you found his Song Anthony!
Coopercat
Coopercat | 21-04-2015 07:21
THANKS Fishmunkey,
I couldn't find it anywhere. This will be great on my Wurlitzer. As an old rocker, this kind of music was what I grew up with when I was a teenager. Thanks again
roxcyn
roxcyn | 22-04-2015 05:51
Added his name to the queue. It looks like he only did some songs, and then nothing. They're on compilation albums with other people's. I don't find anything on Wikipedia. Only got a hit on iTunes and the song on YouTube. I guess he didn't make it big or have no record deal?
fishmunky
fishmunky | 22-04-2015 23:01
DFS promotes its spring 2015 collection and offers with this latest TV ad. The soundtrack is a rare treat, featuring a rhythm and blues toe-tapper that went virtually unheard for 50 years. High-range singer Paul Perryman recorded a couple of sides for Fire Records, the New York record label set up in 1959 by producer Bobby Robinson. But this track, Work To Be Done, was never properly released until 2011, when it was included on the Fire/Fury R&B Story compilation. As a result of being featured on this TV ad, it has now been released as a single.

Source
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: