en

Guess Who #10: Living Nightmare [Results!]

Follow 3
Add topic
Search
Joeyy
Joeyy | 30-03-2015 23:16
The Rules

Participants will be given some type of subject from which to make a choice (favorite book, what you wanted to be when you grew up, etc) and will submit their choice to the host via PM by the submission deadline (see below).

The host will then post a list of all the submissions verbatim (along with the host's submission, plus one fake submission) in alphabetical order, and a list of the submitters in alphabetical order.

Participants will have until the second deadline to try to match the correct submitter with the correct submission and post their answers in this thread. Please remove your own name and answer from the list, along with whichever one you believe is fake. Other than the host, anyone is allowed to participate in this section of the game, regardless of whether or not they submitted a choice.

After the second deadline has passed, the host will post the correct answers, as well as the total number of correct guesses by each guesser. Obviously the winner is the person or people with the most correct guesses. The person or people with the fewest correct guesses will be forced to divide their savings between the winner and the host.

The Scenario

Imagine you find yourself living through a Horror, Thriller, or Slasher film – the worst one imaginable for you – and you're not an actor: for whatever reason, this is now your real life. Which film (of these genres) would you most hate to be in?

It has to be an existing film.

* offtopic :
I'm a big fan of the genres and it interests me to know which ones horrify people the most. Perhaps afterwards you could tell me why – maybe try to convince us why the one you chose would suck the most. :p

The Deadlines

Submissions in by Friday 3rd of April, 23:00* on the LSI clock
Guesses in by Wednesday 8th of April, 23:00* on the LSI clock

*19:00 (7pm) EST
*18:00 (6pm) CST
*17:00 (5pm) MST
*16:00 (4pm) PST
*00:00 4th/9th BST
51 to 75 of 85 comments
page 3 of 4
CarlJ
CarlJ | 09-04-2015 12:05
hmmm....interesting... Yeah, Joey, I didn't get it at first, but when you watch it, you understand. the Tall Man digs up bodies to send them thru a portal to become undead slaves basically in another dimension
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 09-04-2015 12:26
I don't watch horror, Practice. I've actually not even seen Hostel, but reading what happens and seeing trailers is enough for me. Going to a foreign country to be kidnapped, tortured and murdered... No thanks.
indiechick_
indiechick_ | 09-04-2015 12:35
wow i sucked at this one, haha

it was fun though
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 09-04-2015 13:48
With you there Sarah! I have a crazy list of things I refuse to do.... too many (!) bad movie memories.

Saina and Bruna it was extra fun as Joey took the time to create all the links to IMDB and Trailers for each movie, plus providing us with commentary (from the submitters) and tag lines and running times and you got the idea...

I never saw so many Trailers for Horror movies in one sitting
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 09-04-2015 13:52
I should've known that The Mist was Practice's, he's the only that goes in depth with basically anything.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 09-04-2015 13:53
I'm just a bit of a geek when it comes to the genres, but I'm glad you folks enjoyed it.

I think I'd be talking to myself most of the time in that thread, Practice. ;p
saina
saina | 09-04-2015 14:33
Very true, Practice! Joey, you're a good host.

Jeff, you're right- Only Practice goes in that much detail. Next time, I'll keep that in mind.

After sending Mirrors as my choice, Oldboy came into my mind for this game. In the Indian version of that film, there were toe-crushing, teeth- pulling, hand-cutting scenes. Holy mother of horrors!
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 09-04-2015 14:43
Jeff, you're right- Only Practice goes in that much detail. Next time, I'll keep that in mind.

Predictable? Me?
Time for a change.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 09-04-2015 14:45
^ You can always use it like "note to self' thread Joey. I'd comment I'm certain.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 09-04-2015 14:46
I'm quite observant when it comes to things like this.
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 09-04-2015 15:53
I haven't seen any of the movies except the one I put, so I guessed based on the short descriptions. Turned out ok I guess.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 09-04-2015 17:22
I was torn on either The Mist or Phantasm for Practice. The long explanation was the deciding factor for me.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 09-04-2015 17:26
Adding to Sarah's and other's difficulty of making such a choice is my relative newness here... no one really knows what or who am I..... I could even be a female for all you know

That's why I kept to the "cheese" theme (avatar photo)..... but you see what happens when I could not find a frightening enough cheese themed movie---"The Cheese Wheel that Ate Dallas Texas" (or chainsaw)....
MastersaArmsFan
MastersaArmsFan | 09-04-2015 23:18
Ok. I sucked monkey balls at this, but it was a fun game. Not the sucking part.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 09-04-2015 23:31
In the context of the topic, Practice, your post reminds me of one film I saw where a woman grated a man's knees... It was almost enough to put me off cheese.

Haha, no, but it did make me cringe.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 09-04-2015 23:36
(Before I forget) Thank you for the compliments on the game.

Predictable? Me?
Time for a change.

Actually, in spite of your longer description, only four of the eleven guessers correctly guessed 'The Mist' for you, and one of those four was you, so. I think your lack of "........" threw some people off. ;p (Three of the seven incorrect guesses were for 'Jeepers Creepers' - the other four were for different films. Make of that what you will. )

^ You can always use it like "note to self' thread Joey.

I think I'd have to card myself for spamming.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 09-04-2015 23:37
I'm quite observant when it comes to things like this.

Not observant enough to notice you gave 'The Devil's Rejects' for two people.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 10-04-2015 00:36
I think I'd have to card myself for spamming

Then I think I'll have to come up with a different method (guess I don't know how that is card-able, but I'll go with your sense and experience that it would be spam)
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 10-04-2015 00:40
Make of that what you will.

So, I'm already unpredictable
saina
saina | 10-04-2015 19:26
Guess what film I'm watching? The Grey.
"We're going to get a large branch and sharpen the end of it, and we're going to shove it up this thing's **s. Then we're going to eat it."

One movie down from the list.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 10-04-2015 19:49
lol oops. My bad.
JDolla
JDolla | 10-04-2015 20:09
But seriously, if you guys only take one thing away from this game, "Fuck Wolves" better be that one thing.

Fuck wolves.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 10-04-2015 20:18
I meant to ask this way earlier but were we allowed to submit movies that haven't came out yet? I was gonna submit "Unfriended" because I'm on the computer 24/7.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 10-04-2015 21:22
because I'm on the computer 24/7

Would not the movie (already out) "The Social Network" be more appropriate for your 24/7 computer existence? (its a true to life LEGAL Horror show!!!)

Or even better.. Sandra Bullock in "The Net"!!! A computer geek life horror movie no one wishes they were living!! How about those choices Jeff? (Next time ask me!) "sly grin" (smilieys don't work for me)

In case you don't remember... doesn't this plot line sound like you Jeff? (you know I'm kidding with you Jeff, ok?)

Angela Bennett's a software engineer type who works from home and has few friends outside of cyberspace. Taking her first vacation in years, she becomes embroiled in a web of computer espionage.

Angela Bennett lives the life of a computer geek: she works from home as a contract employee of Cathedral Software as a software analyst, lives a reclusive life on her computer and as such has few friends or acquaintances who even know what she looks like.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 10-04-2015 21:25
I just don't even know how to respond to that... :|
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: