en

Suspicious Web Page Blocked Norton Security

Follow 2
Add topic
Search
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 26-03-2015 15:00
Hi Everyone!

Has anyone else ever received the following message? (I got it before when using IE, but never posted as a question until now, when I got it yesterday).

Details: Using IE 10 Windows 7 x64 and Norton Internet Security.

Link to the photo
4 comments
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 26-03-2015 15:10
There's your first problem, you're using Norton.

I kid. I honestly have no idea. I never would trust Norton with anything.
Ray
Ray | 26-03-2015 15:15
Weird I don't see any suspicious content in that thread. Advertising is also clean. The only thing I see is that the title of the thread has been changed, it's different than what I see in the screen you posted. So the page is identifying itself with another url to your browser (and Norton). I doubt if this is the cause of the Norton warning, because it's common practice with websites. Let me know if you have more info on this.
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 26-03-2015 15:33
I've seen pages like that when coming here in the past, some of the ads that get put up when you aren't logged in can bring that up.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 26-03-2015 15:46
Sounds good Joe. Of course I'm not logged in as that only happens when I actually get to the page, and Norton is suggesting I navigate away from the page.

I didn't notice the difference in the web addresses Ray, I'll check back my other screen shots in past, and see if that is the reason why they do that and which pages tend to do this, as I got to "Active Topics" page just fine at same time I got the notice about the Pointless Quiz #32 page.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: