LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Randomness Is The Answer #179

Follow 1
Add topic
Search
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 06-03-2015 01:19
Quite unfortunate that I took the win this time. So sorry.

I dedicate this Randomness to AronChupa's song, I'm An Albatraoz, eBay, and AA batteries.

---------------------------------------------------------

The following is a paid broadcast from Stanley...

*insert commercial jingle*

Please, people, let's not forget what the great HappyLion said when he first opened this thread back in '02...

Tired of "favorite..."s and "hate..."s?
Tired of religious wars?
Tired of disputes over words like "gay"?
Feeling random...?

Or are you just one of those people who don't make any sense anyway...?

THEN DROP BY THE RANDOMNESS, THE PLACE WHERE YOU CAN JUST GET THAT WEIRDNESS OFF YOUR MIND!

-----------------------R U L E S-------------------------

1. Posts in this thread (with this one as a possible exception...) may make no sense whatsoever!

2. Try to read all existing posts before posting a new one...

3. DO NOT USE MORE THAN 3 SMILEYS PER POST!

4. BE ORIGINAL!

5. Have fun for Christ's sake!

6. (Don't) Spam!
151 to 175 of 5,005 comments
page 7 of 201
Bee98
Bee98 | 06-03-2015 22:39
I hope not.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 06-03-2015 22:41
The ice on my roof is pathetic.
CarlJ
CarlJ | 06-03-2015 22:42
wow Joey...Mil is really growing up.

My lady is looking for a job...it's a tough market out there. Has worked for the automotive industry for the past 15 years...but there isn't much out there right now. sucks.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 06-03-2015 22:44
Working sucks.
CarlJ
CarlJ | 06-03-2015 22:48
yeah, but a necessary evil in this world..unless you are already rich.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 06-03-2015 22:49
That's why I'm going to another planet.
CarlJ
CarlJ | 06-03-2015 22:50
you going on the Mars mission? One way ticket and all that?
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 06-03-2015 22:51
No sir.
CarlJ
CarlJ | 06-03-2015 22:52
then what planet you going to?
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 06-03-2015 22:53
Could make a dirty joke... nah.
FireWaterBurn6
FireWaterBurn6 | 06-03-2015 22:58
Following post reports and recent implications of past regulars leaving the forum because of the negativity, and those of currently active members not wanting to be here, everyone involved in the regular back-and-forth provocative, negative comments and bickering was sent a message.

Curtis took his personally and decided to play extra nice. He's done it before and it didn't last long then, either. Clearly the show's over.

We can't card Jeff for being Jeff. Find me a recent post where he's actually broken the rules. You, however, recently chose to go into a thread where he talks about a personal issue and make negative comments about it and him. We received a post report from an unknown member and had to act accordingly. This just happened to coincide with the messages we were sending anyway.

It's not ten (or thirteen) years ago. You're no longer a teenager in a forum filled with many other teenagers, all saying what they want. You need to let go of your nostalgia for that past You're an adult now. If you want to act like that, go somewhere where there are no rules or people who enjoy being in a relaxed space. If Jeff breaks the rules, Jeff will be carded. As will anyone else. It's been going on long enough. When it gets to the point where people are messaging us and telling us we need to do more, we have to act. We tried being more relaxed and the resulting behaviour often made the forum feel like a high school locker room. It's driving people away.

Jeff isn't going anywhere, so unless he actually breaks the rules - in which case, report him - you and anyone else who dislikes him in general need to make the decision to simply ignore him, and him you. If you can't and you refuse to stop making negative comments because he annoys you, you'll be carded.

Joey once again telling me what I'm thinking and how I feel, when I couldn't have laid it out for her any clearer. Where have I seen this shtick before? Go get your own life before telling me about mine. Thanks.

It has absolutely nothing to do with nostalgia or whatever you're blabbering about. It was a simple comparison of LSI then, to LSI now, and more specifically the attitude of the moderators then to the one now. LSI is like a microcosm of the shit I've harped on many times. The pussification of the world, everyone needing to be victimized, etc. You only have to look at other Randomness threads to see it, and it's just an objective fact that the attitude today is much more "play nice, kiddies... OMG he said a swear!" than it ever has been before. And that's fine if your goal was to help morph this place into more of a principal's office, but the real question would be 'why?'

And as always, it's the same stuff with the mods.... This purposely vague cloud of mystery and cowardice with every issue. Not telling members who carded them, citing "unknown/anonymous reports," talking about "certain members who've left due to negativity," etc. So... what regulars have left because of this? Joey, don't preach to me about this place being a high school locker room when you're doing high school stuff like that just the same. Does anyone else feel like the forum is currently no worse with bickering than it was weeks, or months, or even a year ago?? Not rhetorical.

As for bagging on Jeff, I've seen every single member here do it. There's been plenty of times where I've thought someone else was nitpicking at what Jeff said just to start something. Maybe they've thought the same about myself, but I've backed off considerably the past MONTHS. And if you think me commenting about his "personal issue" in a thread is somehow out of bounds, and if Jeff is butthurt about it, then too bad. He can write about his crippling anxiety in a private blog. I don't air out my dirty laundry and not expect someone to comment on it - It is literally the entire point of a message board. Not everyone is here to be the neutral pseudo-therapist that you pretend to be.

fishmunky
fishmunky | 06-03-2015 23:54
My lady is looking for a job...it's a tough market out there. Has worked for the automotive industry for the past 15 years...but there isn't much out there right now. sucks.

Daimler-Chrysler is building it's new van plant in South Carolina, good time to get in on the ground floor there

proof

It is sort of comforting to know that nothing ever really changes here
CarlJ
CarlJ | 06-03-2015 23:57
thanks for the info, but she wants to stay in the Kansas City area. two of her kids are here and I'm here.
fishmunky
fishmunky | 06-03-2015 23:59
*shrugs* fair enough, but you said it yourself, the market is tough

Volvo throwing a plant in NC as well

wonder if Ontario will ever get some of its manufacturing sector back, glad I'm out of that line of work to be honest

might be time to upgrade skills if the market is garbage.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 07-03-2015 00:00
Pfft, she could commute.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 07-03-2015 00:11
Can't wait to go down to the beach again.
Bee98
Bee98 | 07-03-2015 00:18
I can't wait to see my boyfriend.
robdog2008
robdog2008 | 07-03-2015 00:20
someone writing term papers in here
Bee98
Bee98 | 07-03-2015 00:21
I'm not.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 07-03-2015 00:28
I've wrote enough papers.
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 07-03-2015 00:53
Pork chops and mashed potatoes for dinner. Holy shit so good
Bee98
Bee98 | 07-03-2015 00:57
It does sound good.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 07-03-2015 01:00
Is it bad that I've never had pork chops?
Bee98
Bee98 | 07-03-2015 01:02
I don't know.
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 07-03-2015 01:17
I don't wanna be needing your love
I just wanna be deep in your love
And it's killing me when you're away, ooh, baby,
'Cause I really don't care where you are
I just wanna be there where you are
And I gotta get one little taste

Love this song

How the hell have you never had pork chops?
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: