en

Guess Who #9 Tropical Island Tune

Follow 0
Add topic
Search
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 14-02-2015 19:55
The Rules

Participants will be given some type of subject from which to make a choice (favorite book, what you wanted to be when you grew up, etc) and will submit their choice to the host via PM by the submission deadline (see below).

Once all submissions have been collected, the host will post a list of all of the submissions (along with the host's submission plus TWO fake submissions (see below ** for reason) ) in alphabetical order, and a list of the submitters and host in alphabetical order.

Participants will have until the second deadline to try to match the correct submitter with the correct submission and post it in this thread. Please remove your name and answer from the list and then whichever TWO [for this Edition only] you believe are fake. Anyone is allowed to participate in this portion (other than the host) regardless of whether or not they submitted a choice.

After the second deadline has passed, the host will post the correct answers, along with the total number of correct guesses by each guesser. Obviously the winner is the person with the most correct guesses.

You get a point for your own guess if you made one, as a reward for having chosen and submitted one. The winner receives many congratulations and thunderous applause smilies from the others here. The loser gets....? There are no losers where music is concerned!

Good Luck!

The Scenario

This is a music site! Time for a Musical Themed Guess Who!

You are shipwrecked/planewrecked etc alone on a nice Pacific, tropical Island...no hope for quick rescue... and you miraculously saved your cell phone (but it has no signal to call for help)... Your cellphone works, but it has room for only ONE Song, one piece of music (if the music is without words. ) So what is the ONE song you would want to have with you, if nothing else to listen to and play over and over again?

For those who would seek to complain.... let's make it up---the cell phone has rechargeable batteries and you saved a solar panel off the plane/ship for recharging them, ok? Its going to be busy playing that one song for next 7-8 months to a whole year or more until rescued! This is your one favorite favorite song you can have played whenever you want to!

Have fun searching your memories and collections and choosing!

* If you would like to do so, please include a link to the music for all to hear the song as well as by title (hopefully we have it here in the library of LetsSingIt, so I'd prefer using those links where possible)

It is not necessary to do this to enter the "Guess Who?" game....as a moderator will link the songs for those who wish to listen in the list of submissions.

** One more 'change up' for this Edition of Guess Who? only:

TWO (yes, 2) Fake guesses will be included, as there are so many different age groups responding here.... with different musical tastes, that ONE will be from the last 10 years and ONE will be anything older than that.

Also, good luck and have fun checking out everyone's playlists here and remembering conversations and discussions about musical likes....before submitting your Guesses Submissions. Researching music is fun!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tl; dr: You're stranded on an island for months and for whatever reason only have one song on your cell phone – what will it be? Plus, TWO fakes this time.

The Deadlines

Submissions in by February 22, midnight LSI time.
Guesses in/answers posted February 28, midnight LSI time
76 to 100 of 100 comments
page 4 of 4
Joeyy
Joeyy | 27-02-2015 22:09
* offtopic :
22:00 on the LSI clock isn't midnight for Lisa. 22:00 on the LSI clock is 10pm in the UK. Lisa's in Sweden; Sweden is one hour ahead of the UK, so 22:00 on the LSI clock is 23:00/11pm for Lisa.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 27-02-2015 22:30
* offtopic :
Thanks for the information---Its still too late at 11 pm to submit something I think

on the other hand.....

Anyone here want to give Lisa and Sarah another day? (its 2 out of 9 guessers or 1/5th of the people missing their chance)

* offtopic :
I like the end of month myself so I can do/add in 1 more day ---still working on new Spreadsheet program right now so its not completed for posting at this time---might be by 0 00--- I'll see, but let me know what the others think about giving more time for guessing!

saina
saina | 27-02-2015 23:07
* offtopic :
I don't mind waiting a little longer for the results.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 27-02-2015 23:08
Sure why not.
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 28-02-2015 08:49
Aw, you didn't have to wait for me. Sorry. I'll get my guesses in tonight, promise. (Barring unforeseen circumstances).
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 28-02-2015 13:51
Captain_Keeta - Hoodie Allen - Dreams Up
CarlJ - Sheppard - Geronimo
Cheater138
fishmunky - Jimmy Eat World - Work
indiechick_ - Mogwai - Helps Both Ways [Original Version]
Joeyy - Julian Nott - The Wallace & Gromit Theme
Juliet86 - Royal Philharmonic Orchestra - Yesterday
kalsonberry - Alkaline Trio - Every Thug Needs a Lady
PracticePractic - Franz Schubert - Ave Maria
Saina - John Lennon - Give Peace a Chance

Sorry, been busy this week.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 28-02-2015 15:12
Thank you Lisa! Will wait !
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 28-02-2015 15:14
Thank you for your guesses Sarah!

Good Luck!!

Remember! Always "IRL" comes first, second third...... etc... before LSI stuff.
saina
saina | 28-02-2015 19:01
We know that, Practice.

(Pssh! What is IRL?)
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 28-02-2015 19:10
In real life, I would assume.
saina
saina | 28-02-2015 19:15
I thought, something about responsibilities and life.
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 28-02-2015 21:14
Captain_Keeta - Hoodie Allen - Dreams Up
CarlJ - Clint Mansell - Lux Aeterna (Full Orchestra version)
Cheater138 - Sheppard - Geronimo
fishmunky - Alkaline Trio - Every Thug Needs a Lady
indiechick_ - Mogwai - Helps Both Ways [Original Version]
Joeyy - Julian Nott - The Wallace & Gromit Theme
kalsonberry - Jimmy Eat World - Work
PracticePractic - T-Spoon - Sex on the Beach
Saina - Royal Philharmonic Orchestra - Yesterday

I forgot about the fakes at first.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 01-03-2015 03:27
I'm baaaacccckkkkkk!

Oh sorry---I'm also so verrrryyy laaaaaaaaattttteeeeee!

Thanks so much for your guesses Lisa!

Good Luck! (I see you're signed off as its late there---well you'll read the results in the morning----

as for everyone else---answers coming up right now!!!
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 01-03-2015 03:36
So we have the winners!!!

More than one!

In this game there are no real losers! Everyone had fun doing it I hope!
So everyone's a winner!!!

As for the scores:

Joey leads with 9 correct guesses!!
Carl and Jeff are both tied next with 7 correct guesses each!!
Anthony , Kaleb, Saina and Lisa all got 5 correct! Good going!
Bruna and Sarah got 4 correct!!!

Here is the spreadsheet!

(click the magnifying lens to the right above the spreadsheet page to see a larger size of it)

Valiant effort on everyone's behalf! Some guesses were really close! Just a even switch of two names---one for the other's choice--- would have added two points, so don't worry about the scores as a careful examination and many choices were really close to being higher scoring!!
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 01-03-2015 03:38
Dammit. Nice job Joeyy. :p
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 01-03-2015 03:42
Bah! Carl, it's your fault that Sheppard song was stuck in my head!
Joeyy
Joeyy | 01-03-2015 04:00
Congratulations on convincing me the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra song was submitted by someone with your wording in response to my questions about the name and date, Practice. I did originally have it as the other fake.

Damn it, though; I would've had a perfect score.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 01-03-2015 04:01
Although technically you did tell a bit of a fib when you said the submitter didn't care about the problems with the name, 'cause no one submitted it.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 01-03-2015 04:25
Sorry about the fib there----but wanted you to have the full 12 choices to choose from----technically "someone" did submit it who didn't care if the title had a error in it from the LSI site (small type here: me) And thanks for fixing that for everyone's benefit from now on as I missed seeing the difference when selecting it from the list....

You did fantastic Joey! You really know everyone's music tastes here!
Joeyy
Joeyy | 01-03-2015 04:41
I suppose, though you also originally said there was no time to tell the submitter, which was false. Buuut you did put a winking face and I didn't listen to myself when I questioned it - which was my own fault - and I appreciate that it was difficult to answer without giving anything away, so I'll let you off.

Nah, I got lucky with the song choices, but thank you. Well done to others, and thanks for the game.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 01-03-2015 04:43
* offtopic :
I'm glad no one really submitted a song as their 'only song they'd listen to if stuck on an island for months' under a non-existent artist and didn't care. ;p
CarlJ
CarlJ | 01-03-2015 13:02
Sorry Jen...you know it's a catchy tune. One of my favs right now. Very bizarre video though. I like the acoustic version they've done of it. congrats Joey! and i tied with Jeff...lol
saina
saina | 01-03-2015 17:23
9 out of 10! Joeyy has some kind of supernatural power. There's no other explanation.

Hurray, another Guess Who game completed.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 01-03-2015 21:21
Yes we all know Joey has powers!

She can also see through walls and fly around the world like St. Nick in one night.... So we'd all better be good on LSI site! (and everywhere else too!)
Joeyy
Joeyy | 01-03-2015 21:37
Haha. Thanks, folks.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: