en

Guess Who #9 Tropical Island Tune

Follow 0
Add topic
Search
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 14-02-2015 19:55
The Rules

Participants will be given some type of subject from which to make a choice (favorite book, what you wanted to be when you grew up, etc) and will submit their choice to the host via PM by the submission deadline (see below).

Once all submissions have been collected, the host will post a list of all of the submissions (along with the host's submission plus TWO fake submissions (see below ** for reason) ) in alphabetical order, and a list of the submitters and host in alphabetical order.

Participants will have until the second deadline to try to match the correct submitter with the correct submission and post it in this thread. Please remove your name and answer from the list and then whichever TWO [for this Edition only] you believe are fake. Anyone is allowed to participate in this portion (other than the host) regardless of whether or not they submitted a choice.

After the second deadline has passed, the host will post the correct answers, along with the total number of correct guesses by each guesser. Obviously the winner is the person with the most correct guesses.

You get a point for your own guess if you made one, as a reward for having chosen and submitted one. The winner receives many congratulations and thunderous applause smilies from the others here. The loser gets....? There are no losers where music is concerned!

Good Luck!

The Scenario

This is a music site! Time for a Musical Themed Guess Who!

You are shipwrecked/planewrecked etc alone on a nice Pacific, tropical Island...no hope for quick rescue... and you miraculously saved your cell phone (but it has no signal to call for help)... Your cellphone works, but it has room for only ONE Song, one piece of music (if the music is without words. ) So what is the ONE song you would want to have with you, if nothing else to listen to and play over and over again?

For those who would seek to complain.... let's make it up---the cell phone has rechargeable batteries and you saved a solar panel off the plane/ship for recharging them, ok? Its going to be busy playing that one song for next 7-8 months to a whole year or more until rescued! This is your one favorite favorite song you can have played whenever you want to!

Have fun searching your memories and collections and choosing!

* If you would like to do so, please include a link to the music for all to hear the song as well as by title (hopefully we have it here in the library of LetsSingIt, so I'd prefer using those links where possible)

It is not necessary to do this to enter the "Guess Who?" game....as a moderator will link the songs for those who wish to listen in the list of submissions.

** One more 'change up' for this Edition of Guess Who? only:

TWO (yes, 2) Fake guesses will be included, as there are so many different age groups responding here.... with different musical tastes, that ONE will be from the last 10 years and ONE will be anything older than that.

Also, good luck and have fun checking out everyone's playlists here and remembering conversations and discussions about musical likes....before submitting your Guesses Submissions. Researching music is fun!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tl; dr: You're stranded on an island for months and for whatever reason only have one song on your cell phone – what will it be? Plus, TWO fakes this time.

The Deadlines

Submissions in by February 22, midnight LSI time.
Guesses in/answers posted February 28, midnight LSI time
26 to 50 of 100 comments
page 2 of 4
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 18-02-2015 00:31
Its 12:30 am on LSI clock on February 18th

48 or less hours to go until February 20th at midnight LSI time.

Tally so far? 5 submissions (holding off my choice in case someone---yes 2 might--uses it) and one more was promised so that would be 7 for this game

Score? Internet 1, Practice =0
: (
saina
saina | 18-02-2015 16:30
"Whoa, we're going to Ibiza
Whoa, back to the island
Whoa, we're gonna have a party
Whoa, in the Mediterranean Sea"
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 18-02-2015 18:28
New Avatar Saina! Spidey!!!
quiet_storm_67
quiet_storm_67 | 19-02-2015 02:48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbmhWFCjG6M
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 19-02-2015 02:49
Erm... lol
quiet_storm_67
quiet_storm_67 | 19-02-2015 02:52
I Think I Cheated, video has a two for one Roy Ayers Hot and of course Michael Jacksons The Way You Make Me Feel, i was searching on youtube and they don't seem to have the 12 minute extended version of The Way You Make Me Feel.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 19-02-2015 02:55
I think you didn't read the rules...
Joeyy
Joeyy | 19-02-2015 02:58
This game requires you to message the host (the person who started the thread) privately with your answer. They later post everyone's answers in alphabetical order, along with an alphabetical list of who submitted them, and people say in this thread which members they think gave which answers.

So if you decide to join in, I would choose a different song, otherwise everyone will know it was you who chose that.
quiet_storm_67
quiet_storm_67 | 19-02-2015 03:07
oh well, have fun bye
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 19-02-2015 21:12
Hi all!

Officially 3 hrs left until the Guess Who? #9 Tropical Island Tune closes down for submissions.....

Tally still remains at 5 submissions (holding off my choice in case someone---yes 2 might--uses it) and one more was promised so that would be 7 for this game

How about it? I know no one is in a hurry here... Should I keep it open longer for more submissions???

Should I do a poll to find out???

If you're watching this space, let me know your thoughts!

Patiently waiting,
Practice.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 19-02-2015 21:16
If no one is submitting, then just close it and start the next round. Not sure what your fetish is with polls either.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 19-02-2015 21:27
That's a silly and somewhat rude thing to say, Jeff. Several of the hosts of this game have wondered about keeping the first part open for longer; there's nothing wrong with him asking.

I don't think a poll is necessary, Practice. Leave it open another day and hopefully you'll get a couple more submissions.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 19-02-2015 21:52
No problem Joey!

So do you mind using your powers to change the date at the top of the page to say 22 instead of 20? I'll go for 2 days more, (instead of just adding a day then another day) and move the other date over if the original submitters haven't responded with guesses in time.
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 19-02-2015 23:15
I kinda feel like the last Guess Who burned people out because of the amount of time it took to put together and then the amount of guesses. I know I'm kind of on a break with it right meow.
This isn't a critique or a shot at Sarah either, the previous poll was great.

Cheater138
Cheater138 | 20-02-2015 00:00
I think it might be a good idea to put some time between this and the next one, like Joey does putting the Pointless games up every other week. Going back-to-back-to-back like they have been has been a lot.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 20-02-2015 00:02
I agree with that. Did you have a time frame in mind?
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 20-02-2015 00:09
No problem here..... I'll go with the majority voice!
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 20-02-2015 00:12
Putting a week between new games seems reasonable. It seems to work for Pointless, so why not try it with this game?

Maybe also try starting new ones on the Saturday that there isn't a Pointless? Try to keep the games on opposite weeks. That might work too.
indiechick_
indiechick_ | 20-02-2015 12:11
agreed with sarah

it gives us a new game every week
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 20-02-2015 14:33
Agree with Sarah and Bruna...

If we make a scheduling change we should either copy off this conversation to the Guess Who Game Rule Suggestion thread, or at least make a note there of what our decision is for others to access in future....

As for alternating weeks of each game, you do realize that Guess Who is two weeks long, 4 to 6 days for the submission of choices/submissions, then another week (or more?? if some are late) in Guessing who was who!

So if we did strictly every other week to avoid two games at once, Pointless would run into the guessing week (2nd week)

Suggestions anyone?
CarlJ
CarlJ | 20-02-2015 14:39
that works....and mines in...

even if they are just staggered...it works out.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 20-02-2015 18:46
I thought we've been doing 3 days for submissions and 3 for guessing.

I was thinking of introducing a new game, but maybe I'll wait now (didn't have it all worked out anyway).
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 20-02-2015 20:45
You're right Joey..... I was at fault for giving more time for my Edition, so no one feels rushed to make a decision or a guess (didn't know we'd be alternating games, etc) ---- its been 3-4 days for the initial submissions and 3-4 for the guessing, so that can be made to fit within a week easily.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 21-02-2015 00:05
I think it's fine if the games run into each other toward the end. But starting two new games within the same day or within days of each other is too much. Start a Pointless one Saturday, a Guess Who the next, Pointless the Saturday after that, etc., etc. Maybe even do just one Guess Who a month if they run long. Who knows. That can be decided as things go along.

I just think it would be smart to always start them on the Saturday that Joey is not starting a Pointless.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 22-02-2015 00:01
The Midnight hour has struck!

The game is closed to new song submissions....

Will post them soon!

Thanks for everyone's patience!

POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: