LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Randomness Is The Answer #178

Follow 1
Add topic
Search
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 13-01-2015 03:38
Jen wins via her favorite number! First new one of 2015!
Although, this should be a co-win with Joey, since Snap accepted posts after the 5000th.

Celebratory Party Jam!

Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy, but here's my number (4)

* offtopic :
For Jeremy: link

---------------------------------------------------------

The following is a paid broadcast from Stanley...

*insert commercial jingle*

Please, people, let's not forget what the great HappyLion said when he first opened this thread back in '02...

Tired of "favorite..."s and "hate..."s?
Tired of religious wars?
Tired of disputes over words like "gay"?
Feeling random...?

Or are you just one of those people who don't make any sense anyway...?

THEN DROP BY THE RANDOMNESS, THE PLACE WHERE YOU CAN JUST GET THAT WEIRDNESS OFF YOUR MIND!

-----------------------R U L E S-------------------------

1. Posts in this thread (with this one as a possible exception...) may make no sense whatsoever!

2. Try to read all existing posts before posting a new one...

3. DO NOT USE MORE THAN 3 SMILEYS PER POST!

4. BE ORIGINAL!

5. Have fun for Christ's sake!

6. (Don't) Spam!
1,601 to 1,625 of 5,005 comments
page 65 of 201
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 28-01-2015 12:11
I've got one internship for sure, one almost for sure, and waiting to hear about a third. Everything's coming up Milhouse! (Although the first one doesn't relate to my degree at all, I think it would be fun and look OK on my resume.)

I was at a friend of a friend's yesterday for a game night. He has a Super Nintendo, a Nintendo 64, a Wii, two Segas, some other consoles and hundreds of games. I may have to marry him. And I'm not even a video game person.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 28-01-2015 12:32
For real?! I'm jealous!
CarlJ
CarlJ | 28-01-2015 12:40
I agree with you Curt. Hollywood has lost it's ability to come up with anything new anymore. and yeah, the new Ghostbusters will suck....I like Kristen Wiig, but Melissa McCarthy is NOT funny. haven't seen anything with her in it.
my end of week at Swift.....birthday party for my Nikki on Saturday...taking her roller skating that nite......
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 28-01-2015 12:41
I'm sure you can marry him too Jeff.
CarlJ
CarlJ | 28-01-2015 12:41
roflmao /\
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 28-01-2015 13:01
We looked up the cast to the Point Break remake the other day, and just why? If you can't come up with a good cast for it, rather than a cast full of people no one's ever heard of, why do it?
Also, remakes of movies that really don't need remakes/aren't old enough for remakes. Don't care for it.
fishmunky
fishmunky | 28-01-2015 13:10
so very ill today

hollywood does remakes and reboots and stuff like that because the buying public doesn't want fresh creative ideas. that's the reality, we'd rather grasp a ideas done before o nostalgic nods to things we liked in our youth because we love the familiar and that's what we buy

want to stop bad reboots and retellings of things, don't go and convince friends families and neighbors not to as well. otherwise, buckle up for reboot ville kids cause we all buy that product
CarlJ
CarlJ | 28-01-2015 13:14
the whole 'reboot' of spiderman was stupid. there is another series that was being talked of being remade. plus all of the tv shows that have been made into movies....Bewitched was horrible.......
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 28-01-2015 13:15
I'm sure you would enjoy that, Joe.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 28-01-2015 13:16
Remakes are hit or miss. Some of my favorite movies ARE remakes, but sometimes they just don't turn out good.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 28-01-2015 13:17
45 minutes to go. Not nervous, just wanna get it over with.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 28-01-2015 13:19
I'm not a big Spiderman fan, but I didn't think either series was better or worse than the other. They were both just okay. Honestly, I've not seen the sequel to the new one yet, never saw the third (there was a third, right?) to the first series either.
CarlJ
CarlJ | 28-01-2015 13:21
third one sucked from the first series. haven't seen either of the two new ones. not a big fan of Andrew Garfield
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 28-01-2015 13:23
Looking forward for this week to end.
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 28-01-2015 13:25
Hey, don't steal my man! Polygamy is unfortunately illegal, but maybe we can adopt you.

I love Melissa McCarthy. Can't say I love everything she's done, but I loved her in 'Gilmore Girls', and from interviews I've seen, she seems pretty funny herself as well.

There are some really good re-makes, but no, they definitely don't always work. I think you have to let enough time go by and make sure you do it right.

Good luck, Jeff!
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 28-01-2015 13:26
Thanks Lisa. It will be done and over with soon.

Jesus, it sounds like I'm gonna murder someone.
FireWaterBurn6
FireWaterBurn6 | 28-01-2015 13:26
The old Challenges are amazing because there are just so many characters who are interesting and crazy, but you can tell it's not fake. They are just really those people. The last few years the characters seem fake, like they're putting on since they know they're on TV and they have ideas about how MTV wants them to act. Guys like CT couldn't care less about what TV wants. He's easily my favorite Real Worlder of all time. Kenny being 2nd.
fishmunky
fishmunky | 28-01-2015 13:35
Andrew Garfield was really good as Spiderman, the real sad part is movies themselves kind of suck

that said i love spiderman, to an unhealthy degree

jesus my stomach is really really bothering me
CarlJ
CarlJ | 28-01-2015 13:35
I used to watch all of the Real World and Road Rules...the early ones were good......stopped though because like most reality tv...after they really become successful, they start ramping it up and it becomes more fake.
indiechick_
indiechick_ | 28-01-2015 13:41
see, the thing about reality shows is that you really don't need to script it. the hardest challenge here is casting the right people - make sure you've got enough explosive/confrontational personalities and provide free booze and/or stress-inducing situations. the rest takes care of itself, it's drama just waiting to happen and you just gotta be there to film it when it goes down, then edit the shit out of it.
CarlJ
CarlJ | 28-01-2015 13:44
only thing is....some of it ends up being scripted anymore. there have been some of the 'stars' that have come out and said that they have been prompted to do certain things...or say things to cause conflict....when that happens, it stops being reality and stops being as much fun
indiechick_
indiechick_ | 28-01-2015 13:52
it really depends on the show. stuff like kim kardashian is heavily scripted.

but those challenges you really don't need to interfere more than just put people in a favorable situation that creates drama.
indiechick_
indiechick_ | 28-01-2015 13:53
and you obviously lose authenticity over the seasons. aspiring contestants see what works from the previous years and are more tempted to create a persona for tv.
FireWaterBurn6
FireWaterBurn6 | 28-01-2015 14:07
My beef with the RW Challenge is that eventually all of the great veteran players became friends off the show through events and whatnot. So basically the best veterans ally with each other and it becomes vets Vs rookies.

Back when there was legit animosity like the Rivals season was great because guys like CT and Wes hated guys like Bananas, Kenny and Evan and all five were great competitors.
JDolla
JDolla | 28-01-2015 14:14
I didn't have cable growing up, so I never got to get into the real world/road rules thing. As an adult, I don't think I could go back and watch them with the same enthusiasm you guys do simply because I don't have the nostalgia factor. Plus I'm not a huge fan of the reality challenge shows that are on now, and I feel like the same concept applies to these in a sense.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: