LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Randomness Is The Answer #178

Follow 1
Add topic
Search
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 13-01-2015 03:38
Jen wins via her favorite number! First new one of 2015!
Although, this should be a co-win with Joey, since Snap accepted posts after the 5000th.

Celebratory Party Jam!

Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy, but here's my number (4)

* offtopic :
For Jeremy: link

---------------------------------------------------------

The following is a paid broadcast from Stanley...

*insert commercial jingle*

Please, people, let's not forget what the great HappyLion said when he first opened this thread back in '02...

Tired of "favorite..."s and "hate..."s?
Tired of religious wars?
Tired of disputes over words like "gay"?
Feeling random...?

Or are you just one of those people who don't make any sense anyway...?

THEN DROP BY THE RANDOMNESS, THE PLACE WHERE YOU CAN JUST GET THAT WEIRDNESS OFF YOUR MIND!

-----------------------R U L E S-------------------------

1. Posts in this thread (with this one as a possible exception...) may make no sense whatsoever!

2. Try to read all existing posts before posting a new one...

3. DO NOT USE MORE THAN 3 SMILEYS PER POST!

4. BE ORIGINAL!

5. Have fun for Christ's sake!

6. (Don't) Spam!
4,876 to 4,900 of 5,005 comments
page 196 of 201
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 05-03-2015 13:54
03 PT Cruiser

I'm approaching that point, this is ridiculous. Luckily the rim was bent thanks to the 1000 potholes in the road due to plows. 20 bucks later it's fine.
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 05-03-2015 13:55
Nerd culture or whatever is obviously huge considering Big Bang Theory might be the most popular show of the decade. Plus all the big cosplay events and whatever. I'm not into any of it but I find cosplay especially lame. Someone compared it to wearing a baseball jersey but it feels a lot different.

The thing that makes that show great isn't the science. It's that a nerdy dude is slaying penny
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 05-03-2015 13:55
That's awful luck. Jeremy is right.
JDolla
JDolla | 05-03-2015 15:22
Easy fix, but I still feel like your car has a poltergeist. Burn it.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 05-03-2015 15:35
I think my body is the human equivalent of Joe's car.

Jeremy, haiku me. Told my friend I'd write her a poem to cheer her up and I'm seeing her in a few hours. Whoops.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 05-03-2015 15:41
World Book Day today. Not sure if they do it in the US, but schools here have kids dress up as literary characters, so my FB feed is full of cuteness.

Mil is dressed as 'Wally' from 'Where's Wally?' (Waldo to you fools) which, although amusing, was actually enforced by the school. :S They've let them pick their own in the past, so that kinda sucks.
saina
saina | 05-03-2015 17:04
Nowadays, Indian politicians are arguing over whether to allow Udwin's India's Daughter to be broadcasted or not. So I decided to google this hoo-hullahed documentary. After reading a few passages of an article, I was again reminded why this incident affected the whole nation.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 05-03-2015 17:17
Politics suck.
saina
saina | 05-03-2015 17:32
Tell me about it!
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 05-03-2015 17:40
That's why I ignore politics.
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 05-03-2015 18:53
That's why I ignore politics.

I feel like that is a particularly naive stance. This is why people become so ignorant to the happenings in both our nation and the world. You should at least have some understanding of how things are, so you can make informed decisions.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 05-03-2015 19:11
Good evening.

Again, I can't see those 3 threads. What happened?
Extremism
Patriotism and other
Patriotism
I guess the content was too offensive for the politics/religions category, wasn't it?

Finally sleeping in my new sofa/bed, since Tuesday (March 3). My heels and knees hurt less.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 05-03-2015 19:12
I don't disagree with you, Jen, but what 16 year old finds that rootless existence appealing?
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 05-03-2015 19:13
Celine, they were removed because spam.
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 05-03-2015 19:30
Yes, and I don't find taking my car in to have the oil changed appealing. Just because you don't like something, doesn't make it unnecessary. So what you are really saying is, you agree that people should place some of their interest in politics to at least be aware, but, because you are a teenager and the average teenager should be naive and ignorant, you are therefore choosing to be the same? In short, you are choosing to be ignorant.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 05-03-2015 19:32
Being ignorant is what I do best.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 05-03-2015 19:37
Assface Wendys gave me cold fries.
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 05-03-2015 19:38
And that is a cop-out response. I don't buy that. If you have the ability and/or opportunity to enhance your knowledge, you should.

People who choose to be ignorant have zero excuse to complain.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 05-03-2015 19:40
I only enhance my knowledge when the topic isn't pointless. Hence why I don't care for politics.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 05-03-2015 19:40
...and math...
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 05-03-2015 19:46
Politics aren't pointless. When the President proposes a bill regarding healthcare, military action, social security, taxes etc. those things all affect you, and therefore should matter to you. Politics encompasses many things. I am not saying you need to be an expert in all of them, but you should at least take an interest in the parts that will have an impact on your life.

As for math, you use math everyday without even knowing it. When you buy things (making sure you have enough money, or that you get the correct change back), time is a part of math, determining if you have enough time to be somewhere...math is important. Again, should you need to be an expert in calculus? Not everyone, but math should also matter a little bit.
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 05-03-2015 19:52
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 05-03-2015 19:57

I do miss that movie.
JDolla
JDolla | 05-03-2015 20:26
I pay attention to the things that are going on, but when people start to discuss politics i zone out completely. Most of the time they want to tell you their opinion, and I could give a shit what their opinion on most things is. If you want to tell me whats wrong with health care and you aren't a healthcare professional, fins someone esle to have that conversation with. I'll just be wandering my own mind while you talk to yourself.
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 05-03-2015 20:28
I didn't care about politics when I was 16 either, but as you grow older, you (usually) realise that almost everything is politics, so therefore you do care about it. Politics is how you change the world.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: