LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

MCSMeister's Lyric Help Thread

Follow 4
Add topic
Search
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 27-12-2014 17:45
So my song help thread is long dead at this point and I don't want to bump it. However, I do want to reboot the thread in a new sort of way.

I've mentioned in my previous thread before that when transcribing songs, I came to the realization that if I post my transcription with missing parts, then those missing parts will also sound indecipherable to another listener's ears. However, if I just let them transcribe the whole song themselves, they may hear it perfectly clear. So that is what I'm going to do this time around and see if this works out; I'll be posting links to songs that anyone here can feel free to give a shot at transcribing.

When I began my old thread, several different users were helping me transcribe songs, but by the end of its course, it all came down to solely Joeyy helping me and no one else. I want to see if that can change this time. Of course I can't control whether that can change or not, but I noticed tequizasunrise and kalsonberry were very instrumental in helping myself and others transcribe lyrics before, so hopefully I can recruit them to assist in my endeavors once again. If this thread fails once more, I'll probably try bringing it to another music forum and see how that fares.

Anyways, without further ado, I'll start with these five songs:

Milquetoast & Co. - "Love and Tonic"
Jigsaw - "I've Seen the Film, I've Read the Book"
Strawberry Alarm Clock - "Sea Shell"
Jo Jo Gunne - "I Wanna Love You"
Acid Witch - "Intro" (This track's "lyrics" are spoken-word, and there is literally one word I am unsure about)

And please don't feel unaccomplished if you can't make out every single word, any assistance helps me a lot. Thanks!
151 to 175 of 314 comments
page 7 of 13
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 29-07-2015 17:07
Great! Yeah, all of that looks good. I'm not surprised he mispronounced a word and said some words in the wrong context, this seems to be more of a satirical Spanglish song, so not everything is 100% correct as it would be in Spanish. Out of curiosity, how did you learn Spanish? Was it taught to you at a young age or did you take a class on it later in life? I took three years of it (one in middle school, two in high school) so I can say I know the basics. I can understand some things he says based on solely what was taught to me, but not all of it.

Anyways! I actually don't have any other songs to post right at the moment. All that's left on my transcription help list as of now is The Fixx, but I already posted the songs I tried from Elemental so far (the album all of the songs from the last batch were from). I have two songs left to try from that album, and if I need any help, I'll come here. After I finish that album, I'm going to work on their album Want That Life, which also has a lyrics booklet but some songs where the singer sings lines not in the booklet. So stick around and I'll post more songs here soon, whenever I find ones I have trouble with.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 29-07-2015 17:27
* offtopic :
Yeah, I learned it in school--started it in 8th grade and went all the way to the university with it. I lived in Spain for about three months. I've been to Mexico, Puerto Rico, Guatemala, and Argentina on vacation several times. I have a lot of Spanish speaking friends. Maybe you can continue it so you get better at it.

Do you have the website that has all the lyrics for The Fixx? They're not all correct, but at least it's a help.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 29-07-2015 18:03
* offtopic :
Wow, that's very cool! Many people that learn Spanish in school don't go all the way through with it, they only take it the required years and then stop because they don't like it. I, for one, had no problems with it, however I won't be taking it next year, and it's too late to change my senior year schedule now. That's cool that you've been to all of these Spanish-speaking countries - you must like to travel. I haven't been outside of the US yet.

Also, what do you mean the website that has the The Fixx lyrics? There's plenty of lyrics sites out there that have their lyrics. Do you mean the lyrics booklets? If you do, then yeah, I have them for both of these albums. Someone on the Fixx forums scanned them and sent them to me last summer.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 29-07-2015 18:05
No, a website with the lyrics to the songs.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 29-07-2015 18:06
Oh, well not all of the songs left on these albums have lyrics online at all - that's where I was going to come in and submit them.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 29-07-2015 18:08
The website I found had a lot of the lyrics, but they weren't alright. I think they may just have typed what it had in the lyrical booklet and added some lyrics they heard.

* offtopic :
Let me know if you want to practice Spanish
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 29-07-2015 18:22
Did you find this site? Yeah, from what I've seen on this site, a lot of the lyrics he typed straight from the booklet and didn't bother to adjust them per the actual song, so it's not anything new or helpful as I have the lyric booklet scans that say exactly what he has on the site.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 29-07-2015 18:23
Yup, that's the one I found!
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 29-07-2015 18:41
Also, good news - I just finished the last two songs on Elemental They both had some things not in the booklet but I could easily make them out for the most part. So now all that's left is their Want That Life album.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 29-07-2015 18:46
And already I need help I'm doing their song "Brave" at the moment, and a LOT is missing from the lyrics booklet. Here's the song, and here's what's in the booklet.

EDIT: I found a thread on the Fixx forums about this song here, and someone posted their interpretation of what was missing from the booklet in the very last post on the thread. Perhaps you can use that to assist your transcription.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 30-07-2015 13:57
Neat, Nicolas. That song is way easier than some of their others.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 30-07-2015 14:49
I'm glad you think so. Looking forward to your transcription. Hopefully the rest of the album is easy. I just transcribed one today that was just as it is in the lyrics booklet, nothing out of the ordinary. I hope the majority of the others are like that.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 06-08-2015 03:01
Bump. Just wanted to say I found another song I'm going to post here after you finish "Brave". The song only has one line I'm having trouble with but I think I'll have you do the whole song anyways since it's short, and I might as well compare your transcription with what I got.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 06-08-2015 04:57
Can you post a list of what songs you need help with at the moment, Nicolas, so I can be lazy and not have to read through conversations?
roxcyn
roxcyn | 06-08-2015 05:05
Look 4 posts above yours, Joeyy.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 06-08-2015 05:11
Just that one, then? I was expecting a few. ;p
roxcyn
roxcyn | 06-08-2015 05:14
Yes, just one. I have it mostly done but I've been updating other artists on here and working in the general queue.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 06-08-2015 14:09
Nope, Joeyy, I already posted the last of my requests here last week, so now it's just a matter of me posting songs I need help with as I find them.

Hopefully you can finish up the Fixx song today, Roxcyn.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 09-08-2015 04:47
Here is what I heard:

The Fixx - "Brave" lyrics

Brave (brave), so beautiful
So wonderful
A spirit running free towards me
Brave, beautiful
It's wonderful
Right in front of you is where find

What became of you
You know those childhood dreams
what life's done to you
You should cherish every scar
Will you see it through?
A gift for every bruise awaits you
Can't you see that you're still that little boy?
Woah, oh woah

Brave, so beautiful
wonderful
A spirit running free towards me, oh!
Brave, wonderful
A little boy
A child inside of me is waiting
Brave (brave)
The great unknown
Will the dog eat the bone?
Wonder where the key to life is

and what became of you?
You know those childhood dreams
What life's done to you
You should cherish every scar
Will you see it through?
A gift for every bruise awaits you
Can't you see that you're still that little boy?
Oh woah, oh!

Brave
It's the great unknown
The spirit running free, oh woah oh
Brave
Little boy
So full of joy
The child inside of me is waving
Brave
At the great unknown
Help the dog find a bone
Wonderful
Find out where the key to life is!
Brave
Beautiful
It's wonderful
Spirit running free
Running free!
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 09-08-2015 14:50
Looks good! Didn't really find too many problems with it, except that it seems the end of the chorus and the beginning of the first verse sort of blend together, so it's hard to really hear what he's singing as the vocals overlap. But I left it as it was. I think the only thing I changed was "Right in front of you is where find" to "where you find". I submitted these lyrics to CarlJ.

The next song is very short, just about two and a half minutes, so hopefully you can do it soon. There's only one line I'm having problems with in the second half of the song, but I'll have you transcribe the whole thing for comparison's sake.

Choo Choo la Rouge - "Here Come the Guns"
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 16-08-2015 14:27
Bumping again. Roxcyn, I'd really appreciate help on this - again, it's very short so it won't take you too long.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 16-08-2015 21:03
What I heard:

Here's a little dance
It's always in style
You grab a little piece of the past with both hands and spin it
And if you find a fact, but you don't approve (?)
You take 'em for a ride

Now you're on your way
To monuments and parades
People in the trance of that jackboot rhythm swept up and swept away
First come the fads (?) and then the drums
Here come the guns

When the truth came marching in
We were twisting in the nets
The way she was looking at me
Well, I could see what was coming next
I'd like to stay for tea, but I gotta run

Here come the guns
Here come the guns
Here come the guns
Here come the guns
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 16-08-2015 21:09
Thanks for giving this a try, Joeyy! I think I actually got what you didn't get. This is what I got (I bolded what I had different from you):

Here's a little dance
It's always in style
You grab a little piece of the past with both hands and spin it
And if you find a fact or two you don't approve
You take 'em for a ride

Now you're on your way
To monuments and parades
People in the trance of that jackboot rhythm
Swept up and swept away
First come the flags and then the drums
Here come the guns
(Here they come)

When the truth came marching in
We were twisting in the ??? (netch?)
The way she was looking at me, well
I could see what was coming next
I'd like to stay for tea, but I gotta run
Here come the guns
Here come the guns
Here come the guns
Here come the guns
------------------------

The only line I was having trouble with was "We were twisting in the nets". I really had no idea what it was - as you see there, it sounded more like "netch" to me. But I don't know what else it could be ("twisting in the nets" doesn't make much sense, but I can't hear anything else).

I'll combine our transcriptions and submit it to the site.

(P.S. - I actually don't have anything else on my "to-transcribe" list at the moment. When I stumble across something I need help transcribing, then I'll bump this.)
Joeyy
Joeyy | 16-08-2015 21:15
Well, the previous verse refers to a rhythm putting people in a trance; the idea of being caught in a net (and twisting to get out) isn't that dissimilar. We say "caught in a lie", too, and he sings about truth marching in... I don't know, you have to use your imagination a little bit, but I can see a connection there.

You're welcome.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 17-08-2015 02:10
Very true. I guess it makes sense in that context, and I can agree with it. I submitted it earlier.

Anyways, speaking of me finding new songs I'd like help with...

The Most - "Problems"

The video I linked is a video of the full album, but this song is conveniently the first one on the album, so the first 2:51 of the video is the song in question. I already gave this a shot at transcribing myself, and while I'm confident about the majority of it (and there's no question marks in it), it wouldn't hurt to get a second listener to compare with what I have.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: