LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

MCSMeister's Lyric Help Thread

Follow 4
Add topic
Search
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 27-12-2014 17:45
So my song help thread is long dead at this point and I don't want to bump it. However, I do want to reboot the thread in a new sort of way.

I've mentioned in my previous thread before that when transcribing songs, I came to the realization that if I post my transcription with missing parts, then those missing parts will also sound indecipherable to another listener's ears. However, if I just let them transcribe the whole song themselves, they may hear it perfectly clear. So that is what I'm going to do this time around and see if this works out; I'll be posting links to songs that anyone here can feel free to give a shot at transcribing.

When I began my old thread, several different users were helping me transcribe songs, but by the end of its course, it all came down to solely Joeyy helping me and no one else. I want to see if that can change this time. Of course I can't control whether that can change or not, but I noticed tequizasunrise and kalsonberry were very instrumental in helping myself and others transcribe lyrics before, so hopefully I can recruit them to assist in my endeavors once again. If this thread fails once more, I'll probably try bringing it to another music forum and see how that fares.

Anyways, without further ado, I'll start with these five songs:

Milquetoast & Co. - "Love and Tonic"
Jigsaw - "I've Seen the Film, I've Read the Book"
Strawberry Alarm Clock - "Sea Shell"
Jo Jo Gunne - "I Wanna Love You"
Acid Witch - "Intro" (This track's "lyrics" are spoken-word, and there is literally one word I am unsure about)

And please don't feel unaccomplished if you can't make out every single word, any assistance helps me a lot. Thanks!
76 to 100 of 314 comments
page 4 of 13
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 31-03-2015 19:49
Well, that definitely sounds accurate per the vocals, but it still doesn't make sense to me where the "I didn't mind/buy them" would come from, since I don't know what the "them" would be referring to. Perhaps the "good things in his life"? I guess it somewhat makes sense in that context.

But you know what? I think I'll submit it. I'm actually pretty confident with this and it's probably 99% accurate, minus the possibly questionable lines here.

Looking forward to your transcription of "Wait a Lifetime".

Yes, in one of the songs I like. It's a cover song so I already know the lyrics, but towards the end she speaks in French. I have the CD and it's not in the lyrics book. It's a shame because I would love to know what she's talking about.

Oh okay. It probably would have been better if you explained this instead of just asking it out of the blue. Though this does remind me, I have a friend from another lyrics site who had trouble transcribing a song because it had a verse in Spanish. I don't know if anyone speaks Spanish here but that would be a great help to him.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 01-04-2015 10:25
Oh okay. It probably would have been better if you explained this instead of just asking it out of the blue. Though this does remind me, I have a friend from another lyrics site who had trouble transcribing a song because it had a verse in Spanish. I don't know if anyone speaks Spanish here but that would be a great help to him.

Yes, Spanish is my second language. I can give it a go if your friend wants. Would there be someone else on the other forum that can help with the French lyrics?
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 01-04-2015 10:30
You can perhaps message Olivia_Ka. I don't know if she knows French well, but she is from France, so she might.

Also, the song with the Spanish verses is "Mi Tierra" by Martika. I'm not entirely sure if my friend already has a transcription for the English verses, but I say go ahead and transcribe the whole thing just in case.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 01-04-2015 21:40
My friend just informed me today that the LP that this song is on has a lyrics booklet, but the image on Discogs for the lyrics booklet is too small and he can't make out the words very well. But hey, if you have good eyes you can see if it helps.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 01-04-2015 21:44
Actually, I just found this image of the booklet on Google Images, which is much larger, but still a bit blurry. Perhaps this one can be followed more easily for you. (I can recognize the English words there, but it's harder to make out the Spanish words)
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 12-04-2015 13:05
Bump.

Just a reminder, the only song left in this batch is "Wait a Lifetime" by Jo Jo Gunne, but Roxcyn, if you would like to help me on the Martika song I posted above, that would be appreciated as well.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 17-04-2015 19:16
"Mi Tierra" by Martika lyrics

Do you remember that magical place?
Captured in thoughts I failed to embrace
More than a memory you flow through my veins
Intanglic feelings cannot be explained
A paradise, I've never seen with my own eyes,
But through stories I'm told
Some had to flee, their children are free
Living without you I'll never be whole

Mi tierra
My homeland, your spirit is calling to me
Mi tierra
I long for you
Pray that you're not just a dream

Nunca faltaba el sentido de unión
Siempre existía en abundancia y el amor
No había dinero
Nunca importó(?) mucha alegría vida y valor

I need to understand and
Touch with these hands

Oh, but I'm frightened of what I might find
I'll never see the way it used to be
But changing is only a matter of time
Mi tierra
My homeland, your spirit is calling to me
Mi tierra
I long for caving, you're not just a dream
My homeland
Mi tierra, tu espiritú vive en mí
Mi tierra
De deseo en sueños regreso a ti

¡Azúcar!
Libertad de corazón
Libertad sin represión
Libertad es la razón

Sé que algún día regresarán,
A rehacer lo dejarnos atrás
El hambre se tiene que acabar
Tengamos fe libertad
¡Ay!
Dímelo Turito

Mi tierra
My homeland your spirit is calling to me
Mi tierra
I long for your craving, you're not just a dream
My homeland
Mi tierra
Tu espírtú vive en mí
Mi tierra
De deseo en sueños regreso a ti
Canta, Luis Enrique (?) Paquito tú también
My homeland
Ay mi tierra, mi tierra, qué deseo tengo por ti
Mi tierra
Mi tierra, qué vida
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 17-04-2015 19:56
Minus some typos, this looks great! Unfortunately that part at the end prevents me from submitting it to the site... Seems like there's a lot after "Canta, Luis Enrique" that you didn't quite get. But I'll have to show this to my friend. Thanks so much!

One song left in this batch, "Wait a Lifetime" by Jo Jo Gunne. Good luck
roxcyn
roxcyn | 17-04-2015 21:33
Thanks, I used notepad so it doesn't have spell check.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 18-04-2015 04:55
If y'all can help me understand the end of this song:
Enrique Iglesias - The Way You Touch Me
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 18-04-2015 12:37
Roxcyn, I suggest making your own thread for transcription help instead of using mine to make requests
roxcyn
roxcyn | 19-04-2015 01:09
Uh-oh, I didn't know I have to make another thread. Would you mind if I use yours for this one song?
Joeyy
Joeyy | 19-04-2015 01:41
* offtopic :
Roxcyn, I edited the song primarily to tidy it up, since the format we had before was a bit of a mess and the video was no longer available (hurray for the long-awaited video editing feature!). Hopefully the lyrics are also closer now than they were then. If Nicolas doesn't have anything to add to them, you can either PM me or send your version to the artist's moderator.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 19-04-2015 02:16
Uh-oh, I didn't know I have to make another thread. Would you mind if I use yours for this one song?

I actually kind of do mind, because this is primarily my thread to make requests and I don't want other users putting their own requests in it. If you want help with it, just make another thread
roxcyn
roxcyn | 19-04-2015 02:43
* offtopic :
Just did MCSMeister. Please help me. And my bad, it was the wrong Enrique song. But you're right Joeyy the lyrics did need edited. Thanks.

MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 26-04-2015 22:10
Bump. Still one song left in this batch, and I already have the next batch prepared when that one is done.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 28-04-2015 12:58
"Wait A Lifetime" by Jo Jo Gunne

I'll tell you what I'd like to do
Rock 'n roll you all through the night time

Just you and I and the blues
Baby let me rock you til the sun shines

And you wait a lifetime
And you wait a lifetime
(Oh yes, you will)
And you wait a lifetime
And you wait a lifetime

I'll tell you what I'd like to see
See my baby rushing like a river

And if I was in the deep
I'd cry for love, I know my baby delivers
Deliver, oooh, baby

And I wait a lifetime
And I wait a lifetime
(You know I would)
And I wait a lifetime
And I wait a lifetime

Aw---yeah

I'll tell you what I'd like to do
Rock 'n roll you all through the night time

Just you and I and the blues
Baby let me rock you til the sun shines
Sun shines, oh baby

And you wait a lifetime
And you wait a lifetime
(Oh yes, you will)
And you wait a lifetime
And you wait a lifetime
(Oh yes, you will)
And you wait a lifetime
And you wait a lifetime
(Oh yes, you will)
And you wait a lifetime
And you wait a lifetime

Oooh----
Oooh----
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 28-04-2015 20:09
This actually looks perfect! Submitted here Funny, when I listened to it before, I always heard it as "Can you wait a lifetime?", not "And you wait a lifetime", but listening to it again I definitely hear "and" there.

Thank you so much! I'll post the next batch in the following post.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 28-04-2015 20:12
Chris Stills - "Live to Live"
Infusion - "Better World"
Pablo Cruise - "Crystal"

Quite the variation here, but I've found a good chunk of different songs lately that I could use assistance on. Good luck, guys!
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 06-05-2015 22:21
Bump.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 10-05-2015 20:40
Chris Stills - Live To Live

You know you better believe me
That if I had you on my own
It would make my heart sing
And I could lift my head up high
'Cause you'd be my baby
It's such a beautiful thing to dream
So keep on doing your thing to me
You make me wanna
Freak out 'cause my heart's on fire

Find your side of explanation
Live your truth, don't tell no lies
Find your side of temptation
Live to bring your dreams to life

Come on, baby, believe me
'Cause if I saw you in the street, babe
Well, I gotta warn ya
I wanna sweep you off your feet
Straight to California
It's such a beautiful thing to dream
What I wouldn't do for you to be my queen
So come on, come on, baby, it's gonna be all right

Come on, come on, baby, believe me

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah...

Come on, come on, baby, believe me

-------------

The chorus is the difficult part. I'm not sure it is "Find..." - it could be "To find..." or "Define...", but other than those three, I have no other suggestions.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 10-05-2015 21:01
Quite a few gaps/uncertainties with this one, sorry. I've put the worst ones in bold. It seems to change between "pushed" and "push". Some songs do, but sometimes it just sounds that way. Your call.

Infusion - Better World

Can you feel the stinging?
Cry bloody murder when the bugs bite you
Hit 'em with a hammer
...a book when the word will do

I'ma form (?) the headlines
...writing how the West was won
The devil's in the details
The friendly fire and scapegoat sons

You pushed us down
All the way to make a better world
You pushed us round

Can you taste the glory?
Let the worm crawl on your lips
Sugar filled my belly (?) (Weird)
Just usher truth with your fingertips

Nothing really out there
Just a world of people you don't know
Let the fibles (?) fade away
Turn over to another show

You pushed us down
You pushed us round

You push us down
You push us round

We are the ones that you left behind

Are you gonna say (?) it backwards?
Fall into an air-conditioned Hell
Write about the spotlights
So bright you lose sight of yourself

Where were you when you heard the news about the wolves (?) at your door?
Get outside and I think you'll find that we have seen all this before

Before you push us down
You push us round

Before you push us down
You push us round
Joeyy
Joeyy | 10-05-2015 21:02
The Pablo Cruise video is now unavailable (to me, at least).
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 10-05-2015 22:40
I just submitted the Chris Stills song, that one looked spot-on minus some "hey"s, which I added. Though for some reason I can't mod the American Hustle soundtrack on here to link it. I posted about the glitch on the Suggestions for LetsSingIt thread, so hopefully that'll get fixed soon. For now it'll have to stay unlinked.

As for the Infusion song, I just looked at my transcription in comparison to yours. Here's what I had for your unsure parts:

- ...a book when the word will do - "But why hit 'em with a book when a word will do?" Though looking at how his lips move in the video, I'm doubtful about this one

- I'ma form (?) the headlines, ...writing how the West was won - "Hung up on the headlines, we're writing how the West was won"

- Sugar filled my belly - I had this as "Should you feel the belly", but now it sounds more like "sugar, fill the belly"

- Are you gonna say (?) it backwards? - "Aw yeah, you stagger backwards"

- Where were you when you heard the news about the wolves (?) at your door? - "Where were you when you heard the news about the wolf that's out your door?"

"Just usher truth with your fingertips" is most likely "just touch the truth" instead, and I had a question mark on the "fibles fade away" line, as well. Also, in general, for the choruses I had "on the way" instead of "all the way".

I think I'll refrain from submitting this one since there's quite a bit of questionable lines on both of our parts, but we came pretty close nonetheless. Thanks for helping. Maybe I'll revisit this one later on and see if I can polish it up.

I'll see if I can find an alternate place that has the Pablo Cruise song. Otherwise, I'll send you a link to download the MP3.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 16-05-2015 00:19
Bump.

Joeyy, I tried to PM you a link to download the Pablo Cruise song last week - did it work?
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: