en

Guess Who? #4: All I want for Christmas is... [RESULTS]

Follow 2
Add topic
Search
Joeyy
Joeyy | 18-12-2014 18:47
The Rules

Participants will be given a subject from which to make a choice (favourite book, what you wanted to be when you grew up, etc) and will submit their choice to the host via PM by the submission deadline (see below).

Once all submissions have been collected, the host will post a list of the submissions (along with the host's submission, plus one fake submission) in alphabetical order, and a list of the submitters in alphabetical order.

Participants will have until the second deadline to try to match the correct submitter with the correct submission and post it in this thread. Please remove your own name and answer from the list and whichever submission you believe is fake. Anyone is allowed to participate in this portion (other than the host), regardless of whether or not they submitted a choice.

After the second deadline has passed, the host will post the correct answers, along with the total number of correct guesses by each guesser. Obviously the winner is the person with the most correct guesses. The winner receives cake and the loser gets nothing for Christmas.

The Scenario – The title references a famous Christmas song, but you're to tell me what you most want for Christmas this year. Not something like "to win the Lottery" - that would be an awesome life event; this has to be something you could realistically get, even if you know/think you won't.

The Deadline - Submissions in by December 21st LSI time.
Guessing ends and answers posted December 24th LSI time.
51 to 72 of 72 comments
page 3 of 3
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 24-12-2014 00:21
I cleaned it off.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 24-12-2014 00:22
Jeremy's mad because he doesn't get any presents this year. I'm sure there's "room" for one more...
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 24-12-2014 00:22
I'm kind of offended some of you thought I wanted running shoes.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 24-12-2014 00:23
RESULTS!

Unless I messed this up, the joint winners are...

Sarah and Sierra on 8 points each!

Runner up: Bruna on 7 points.

The other results are as follows...

Jeff – 5 points
Lisa – 4 points
Carl – 3 points
Kaleb – 3 points
Practice – 3 points
Jeremy – 2 points

-------------

Real answers

16GB iPod nano – PracticePractic
A Launchpad – Captain_Keeta
For the voices in my head to stop... – JDolla
For loved ones to have what they want... – CarlJ
Free concert tickets and everyone to have... – kalsonberry
Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Instant Camera – Joeyy
Michael Fassbender blow up doll – PinkFloyd
Nikon Coolpix S9700 – Cheater138
Running shoes – indiechick_
Travel money – Juliet 86

Say Cheese Instant Slicer – FAKE

* offtopic :
I've seen the Say Cheese Instant Slicer and it would be cool to have, but I'd prefer a Polaroid.
JDolla
JDolla | 24-12-2014 00:25
I'm sure there's "room" for one more...

If what I apparently never read is correct, don't think I have an anus distended enough to share that particular gift
Joeyy
Joeyy | 24-12-2014 00:28
Haha, ew. Indeed, perhaps no one does.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 24-12-2014 00:28
I would not want to meet the poor sap who attempts it. =/
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 24-12-2014 00:32
Congratulations to both Sarah and Sierra!

at 8 points each! I assume (is it?) its the most correct (8 out of 10) in these games so far and that's great.. everyone is getting the idea of the game (except poor 'ol Practice)
Joeyy
Joeyy | 24-12-2014 01:00
Haha. I believe so (highest points). I think this one was easier in terms of matching the presents to what people talk about throughout the year.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 24-12-2014 01:12
Say Cheese Instant Slicer – FAKE

Well shit. You fooled me.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 24-12-2014 01:41
and me....
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 24-12-2014 01:50
I feel obligated to protest. Who wouldn't want one of those?!
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 24-12-2014 01:58
and its nice to know someone out there is reading my posts... five of you correctly guessed the iPod Nano for me
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 24-12-2014 02:00
To be honest, I don't read any of your posts. lol
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 24-12-2014 02:08
To be honest, I don't read any of your posts.

Hmmmm then I have 2 questions for you....

1. How did you guess my gift correctly?

and

2. Congratulations!! on reading that post.... for how could you say you haven't read any of my posts as you had to have read that one to say you don't read any???
Joeyy
Joeyy | 24-12-2014 02:19
I did say it would be cool to own, Jeff. But I've wanted a Polaroid-type camera for a long time. Because of the price (more so the film than camera), I would never ask for one, and I'd only buy myself one if I had a bigger income.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 24-12-2014 03:28
Because who else would want an iPod nano that I thought died out when iPads, iPhones and iPods came out...

When I say "any," I really mean about 90% of your posts.

Polaroid-type cameras are nice too. Expensive as hell but still would be nice to own.
CarlJ
CarlJ | 24-12-2014 13:42
but Jeff....to the MAJORITY of the world...any means all. So your correct response would have been what you said when you said you only read about 90% of his posts.
HAHAHAHAHAH anyway...good game all. who's doing the next one?
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 24-12-2014 19:46
.good game all. who's doing the next one?

Check the list ...
Bruna called the next one, but as she is travelling for the holidays Joey took it over....

I don't know if someone wants to take and do one inbetween Joey and Bruna.. if there is time or not... I would not want anyone to have to shorten the time limits... as some people only check in on weekends, so you got to give them time to read and join the game...
JDolla
JDolla | 24-12-2014 20:25
so you got to give them time to read and join the game...

Don't you ever tell me how to live my life.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 24-12-2014 21:57
Don't you ever tell me how to live my life.

Point well taken Jeremy!

As long as we are in a free society, I won't tell you, its all suggestions!

And as part of free thought of a free society (oh oh is North Korea going to shut down the LSI site now that I typed this???)---we can freely comment on your own variations of the game and we all can discuss the results at the end..

People are making suggestions here all the time Jeremy! Yours are as welcome as mine and I do read your postings!
indiechick_
indiechick_ | 27-12-2014 20:45
i'm not back until the 5th, so if anyone wants to do another go for it. i'll claim the next one once i get back, no worries
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: