en

Guess Who? #3: Fear Factor

Follow 1
Add topic
Search
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 09-12-2014 00:03
The Rules

Participants will be given some type of subject from which to make a choice (favorite book, what you wanted to be when you grew up, etc) and will submit their choice to the host via PM by the submission deadline (see below).

Once all submissions have been collected, the host will post a list of all of the submissions (along with the host's submission plus one fake submission) in alphabetical order, and a list of the submitters and host in alphabetical order.

Participants will have until the second deadline to try to match the correct submitter with the correct submission and post it in this thread. Please remove your name and answer from the list and then whichever one you believe is fake. Anyone is allowed to participate in this portion (other than the host) regardless of whether or not they submitted a choice.

After the second deadline has passed, the host will post the correct answers, along with the total number of correct guesses by each guesser. Obviously the winner is the person with the most correct guesses. The winner receives cake and the loser will be permanently banned from the forum.

The Scenario - Your greatest fear

The Deadline - Submissions in by December 13 LSI time.
Guessing ends and answers posted December 16 LSI time.
76 to 83 of 83 comments
page 4 of 4
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 16-12-2014 14:29
Asphyxiation by peanut butter totally got me. Nice job Sierra.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 16-12-2014 15:21
Been trying to make sense of this, but I can't think what you mean. You hate the idea of hidden submarines? You do know submarines aren't alive, right? Does the word mean something else in the US?

This. Submarine. It freaks me out that something of that size can be completely hidden underwater.
CarlJ
CarlJ | 16-12-2014 15:30
i can see your point Sarah. I dislike large bodies of water anyway....and the thought of being in something like that....yeah, no thanks. too enclosed for me, plus the water...mmm, i'll pass. lol
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 16-12-2014 15:56
It freaks me out that something of that size can be completely hidden underwater.

Ever since the earliest days of two man submarines circa 1578-1620 Dutch for England's fleet (that drilled holes in wooden ships below the waterline side secretly) the fact that submarines are hidden below water where we can't easily detect them with our senses has driven the whole notion of naval warfare ever since.

Guess I could be your hero Sarah, as involved once in a Naval operation graving a old nuclear attack submarine for its parts.

Joeyy
Joeyy | 16-12-2014 19:29
i know i called the next guess who, but i might have to pass it since i'm traveling on the 20th and there isn't much time until then for a round of guess who i'll do one as soon as i'm back from vacations

I'm happy to go next if no one else called it. It has to be something Christmassy.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 16-12-2014 19:43
I need a banana for scale, Sarah. I'm still not really getting the whole submarine thing - it could be the length of the Great Wall of China and still be a submarine - but I do understand the idea of fearing the size of unknown living things down there, because deep-sea gigantism.

You know our friend the blobfish? Apparently it only looks that way because, "the gas inside them is at the same pressure as the atmosphere down there, which is why they often look like puddles when you bring them up to the surface".
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 16-12-2014 19:47
there are spiders in Skyrim and i usually kill them with my eyes closed because i really can't handle it

You mean, this little guy?
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 16-12-2014 20:30
I'm happy to go next if no one else called it. It has to be something Christmassy.

Great Joey.... Take the helm and steer us through the seasons with a Holiday/Christmas Guess Who 4th Edition!!

I'll post this in the Guess Who Rules section for those who follow that thread to know....
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: