en

Guess Who? #3: Fear Factor

Follow 1
Add topic
Search
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 09-12-2014 00:03
The Rules

Participants will be given some type of subject from which to make a choice (favorite book, what you wanted to be when you grew up, etc) and will submit their choice to the host via PM by the submission deadline (see below).

Once all submissions have been collected, the host will post a list of all of the submissions (along with the host's submission plus one fake submission) in alphabetical order, and a list of the submitters and host in alphabetical order.

Participants will have until the second deadline to try to match the correct submitter with the correct submission and post it in this thread. Please remove your name and answer from the list and then whichever one you believe is fake. Anyone is allowed to participate in this portion (other than the host) regardless of whether or not they submitted a choice.

After the second deadline has passed, the host will post the correct answers, along with the total number of correct guesses by each guesser. Obviously the winner is the person with the most correct guesses. The winner receives cake and the loser will be permanently banned from the forum.

The Scenario - Your greatest fear

The Deadline - Submissions in by December 13 LSI time.
Guessing ends and answers posted December 16 LSI time.
51 to 75 of 83 comments
page 3 of 4
Joeyy
Joeyy | 15-12-2014 19:54
Have many not guessed? I was wondering if some might think they had an extra day to guess also.
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 15-12-2014 20:48
Oops. I'm last minute gal as usual, but I'll get mine in.
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 15-12-2014 21:04
A lot of wild guesses here.

Captain_Keeta - Burning to death / Being set on fire
CarlJ - Dying alone with no one around who loved me
Cheater138 - Asphyxiation by peanut butter
FireWaterBurn6 - Knocking up someone with a Tumblr / Hot Topic closing
indiechick_ - Being eaten alive
JDolla - Deep ocean water / Submarines
Joeyy - Fainting / Weakness
kalsonberry - Wolves
PinkFloyd - Spiders
PracticePractic - Death of a loved one
Joeyy
Joeyy | 15-12-2014 21:13
Damn it.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 16-12-2014 00:42
Winners for this weeks Guess Who...

JDolla and Joeyy
with 5 points each
(for your award you get to make out with the host)

Next with 3 points each...
Captain_Keeta, indiechick_, Juliet86 and kalsonberry

Sorry to CarlJ and Cheater138 who both scored 2 points

And Practice with just 1 points

(Sorry, I can't make a fancy spreadsheet)

------------------------

Asphyxiation by peanut butter (fake)
Being eaten alive (PracticePractic)
Burning to death / Being set on fire (PinkFloyd)
Death of a loved one (Joeyy)
Deep ocean water / Submarines (Cheater138)
Dying alone with no one around who loved me (CarlJ)
Fainting / Weakness (Captain_Keeta)
Feeling alone / Not having any friends (kalsonberry)
Knocking up someone with a Tumblr / Hot Topic closing (FireWaterBurn6)
Needing surgery (Juliet86)
Spiders (indiechick_)
Wolves (JDolla)

Thanks for playing
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 16-12-2014 00:44
Really Jeremy? Wolves?
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 16-12-2014 00:44
Well, now you all know how to scare me shitless. And now I know that if Curt ever gets on my nerves, I'll just get a friend to chat him up on Tumblr.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 16-12-2014 00:56
Its ok Sierra .... everyone should know (I'll post it in suggestions for Guess Who too) that a spreadsheet for the answers is not required to host the game! Its something some of us who can do, just do..

Thanks for a great game and interesting topic!

My low score is perfectly ok as I just met you all, now if one of the regulars here scored that low I'd be worried.....
Joeyy
Joeyy | 16-12-2014 01:06
I'm so annoyed that I said spiders for Lisa. But I did work out that the peanut butter one was fake, 'cause I thought I would've remembered one of you mentioning an allergy.

I thought Sierra was the deep sea one because she didn't want to run into any blobfish.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 16-12-2014 01:07
B is scared of spiders? Did we know this? I put fire for her because I didn't have a clue and I thought pirates...water...opposite is fire... :\ Awesome logic.

Also, my (better thought out :p) psychology behind Kaleb's was how social he is. Often people who throw themselves into social activities do so not always or only because they enjoy them, but because they want the company of others.
JDolla
JDolla | 16-12-2014 01:19
Yes sarah, wolves scare my shit out. Not really a rational fear since there aren't any around here, but since i was a child i have been frightened of wolves.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 16-12-2014 01:26
I feel like you've told us before. I was sure someone had, but I convinced myself it was Sarah.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 16-12-2014 01:28
I did mine on my Avatar (Cheese) to help others in guessing ...but tis a real fear so it worked out....

Anyway.... I thought some were also based on their Avatars: FWB6 by his user name thought it would be the fear of dying by Burning .... and Indiechick has the lonely dinosaur (sad little Stegosaurus) ...unhappy all its friends are gone... so I picked "feeling alone/not having any friends" for her....and of course in Sweden for Lisa there are wolves, or so I think I remember there are....

Speaking of Bruna... Congratulations---its your turn next to host....Guess Who 4
Joeyy
Joeyy | 16-12-2014 01:32
Love the reasoning behind your answers, Practice! Wrong, but clever.

Lisa hates spiders, but I didn't think they were her "greatest fear"; I just couldn't think who else might say them. :[
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 16-12-2014 01:39
haha. I wouldn't say I'd ever want to be roaming in the forest and come across a wolf, but not a greatest fear. They're awesome to watch at the zoo, when they're not being lazy and sleeping. They were howling at a passing ambulance one time we were there. They were going nuts.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 16-12-2014 01:42
I actually used my real greatest fear, but apparently it's hilarious to everyone who isnt me, so whatever.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 16-12-2014 01:45
I used my greatest fear too, but I think I'm safe unless one of you goes on a murderous rampage and decides to bring it to the UK.

* offtopic :
And if you touched anyone I loved I would have to peel your skin off and feed it to you.
JDolla
JDolla | 16-12-2014 01:46
I made the mistake of telling my dickhole friends about the wolf thing, and now from time to time they'll buy me wolf shit or just straight up text me pictures of wolves. They get a chuckle, i need therapy. As long as they're happy....
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 16-12-2014 02:08
I think I could avoid my greatest fear so long as none of you coax me into going on a cruise or something... Gary wants to go on a cruise. I don't like cruise ships either, but not on the same level as submarines.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 16-12-2014 02:16
Haha, good luck, Gary.

Also, just like to say, I considered you for the deep sea water but dismissed you because of your love of sharks!
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 16-12-2014 02:19
It's a love/hate relationship. I love the ocean from the shore and I think I'd be okay out in a boat as long as the shore is visible. As I described to Sierra, I don't like the idea of being out in open water with nothing around. And I HATE the fact that something as big as a submarine could just be down there lurking and completely hidden.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 16-12-2014 02:28
I've had my fear of fainting or just being weak ever since I developed my anxiety issues. At least it's under control.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 16-12-2014 03:53
And I HATE the fact that something as big as a submarine could just be down there lurking and completely hidden.

Been trying to make sense of this, but I can't think what you mean. You hate the idea of hidden submarines? You do know submarines aren't alive, right? Does the word mean something else in the US?
indiechick_
indiechick_ | 16-12-2014 10:10
i know i called the next guess who, but i might have to pass it since i'm traveling on the 20th and there isn't much time until then for a round of guess who i'll do one as soon as i'm back from vacations
indiechick_
indiechick_ | 16-12-2014 10:39
B is scared of spiders? Did we know this? I put fire for her because I didn't have a clue and I thought pirates...water...opposite is fire... :\ Awesome logic.

i like your logic. but no, i'm scared shitless of spiders. it's really irrational, even if it's a small one, i will just run away as¨fast as i can and then it will disappear and i will regret not killing it when i had the chance.

there are spiders in Skyrim and i usually kill them with my eyes closed because i really can't handle it
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: