LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Would a "youtube" tag be useful for on the site?

Follow 5
Add topic
Search
Ray
Ray | 03-12-2014 18:24
I see often ppl adding links to youtube. Why not embedding them directly into your comments?

Example :

yes13 (92.9 %)vote
no1 (7.1 %)vote
total votes: 14
26 to 48 of 48 comments
page 2 of 2
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 09-12-2014 15:34
Celine it works fine, what are you talking about?
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 09-12-2014 15:38
Works for me Celine! but ... haven't asked yet as I'm still new.. maybe I can't click on the right reply box yet.

Where is the new You Tube Tag hiding out? Oh the whole row vanished just now December 9 15:33 LSI time Ok I took a while to write this... the row of tags returned!!!

* offtopic :
(would it be possible instead of saying 5 days ago so we have to count to actually give the date for the shorter time periods, I know it turns to days at some point but its just me? I have trouble counting backwards when the days overlap the end/beginning of a month and I have to remember last month was it 30/31 or 28/29 days?)
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 09-12-2014 15:42
Celine it works fine

No, I don't see it! So it doesn't work fine. Ha, do you see any "we're sorry, this video is no longer available"?

Well, I don't see the video when I preview my post, I only see the image preview when it when it is posted. You're gonna make me love somebody else, aren't you?

YouTube tag implemented, happy youtube-tagging!

Don't believe... It shouldn't be allowed in forum posts because I use Firefox and sometimes Flash Player slows it down, OW!
JDolla
JDolla | 09-12-2014 15:55
Ok, it doesn't work perfectly for you because the browser you choose to use is not spectacular with flash, so nobody should be able to have the feature? Sounds fair...
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 09-12-2014 16:05
The youtube videos on LSI are not preloaded meaning that the video code is only loaded and executed only when you click on it. Until then you're seeing an image.

Pre-loaded images? My eyes!
I see often ppl adding links to youtube.

Was that joking?
Oh, how I wish the "add youtube link" function was removed. "All comments" mean what I said on the previous page :
- Song comments : yes
- Album comments : yes
- Profile reactions : yes
- Forum posts : no
I see often ppl adding links to youtube.

So the videos posted in the randomness thread count for butter. Nothing, absolutely nothing.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 09-12-2014 16:12
Opera v. 26.0 is a bare bones browser here.... it works on that.. just reporting for those who keep track of where it does/does not work.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 09-12-2014 16:39
Oh, listen, I don't like seeing the same thing between

and the link posted in this song.

Another reason why I don't like the YT link is this one : sometimes the video can be removed by its user. So if you post a YT link somewhere on the forum and the link is broken, you can't edit your post, oh well...
Ray
Ray | 09-12-2014 16:39
Hey guys, this topic goes a bit offtopic, so I just created a new topic for discussing problems with videos.

Céline, it would be nice if you can contribute also in this new topic since you seem to have these problems also. And while contributing, please understand that I'm thinking in solutions, not in problems. Getting mad is understandable, but describing what is going on actually helps much better than just expessing how you feel about it. I don't mind the feelings, but then also include some info I can work with. I know I'm a expect in messings things up but you I also don't rest until I have things fixed again. So let's fix this video thing.
Ray
Ray | 09-12-2014 16:40
nice song by the way, added to playlist
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 09-12-2014 16:46
Not so sure about the photos. We might end up having to add a new "inappropriate images" card.
I completely agree with you Joey, for the "inappropriate videos" too.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 09-12-2014 17:16
Céline, it would be nice if you can contribute also in this new topic since you seem to have these problems also.

Which topic? Not the one named "videos not working".

And I'm sure not anybody is interested by seeing YT rectangles in the middle of a "randomness" post! So if you want..
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 09-12-2014 17:42
nice song by the way, added to playlist

* offtopic :
Adding song into playlist... But that one is from 2012, so you're late to choose it as a featured song for tomorrow.

Anyway, no. If all of you think that YT tag could be useful for the "randomness" thread, you are wrong. "Comments" and "replies" do not mean the same to me : a reply is shown in a forum thread, a comment is either shown in a song, an album or a profile reaction.

Seriously, what is that black rectangle with a black and white picture on the bottom post of page 1? Does it mean you can listen to Love Somebody Else directly on the forum instead of listening to it on the song page?

Catastrophe.
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 09-12-2014 18:23
As usual, everyone is wrong and you are right Celine.

Ray, this is a great feature, thank you for adding it.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 09-12-2014 18:28
As usual, everyone is wrong and you are right Celine.

That's why I said the YT tag does not fit the "randomness" thread. IDWK.

Well... The right YT tag should be

[youtube=#] For (any member) [/youtube]

And there are too many reasons why I don't like seeing this feature on forum posts :
- If anyone else clicks and sees this video is not available in your country
- or this video has been removed by the user
Within the days it has been added.
Moreover, if the link is broken, we can't edit our own posts to find the same video, but posted by another.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 10-12-2014 16:38
Ray, are you going to add the youtube code thingy to the advanced reply form? I realize it's easy, but it should be put there for those who might not know it's an option.
goretski
goretski | 10-12-2014 17:11
yes
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 10-12-2014 17:15
Oh guess that explains why I haven't been able to use it yet... waiting for my computer to show it on the advanced reply form with other tags! Thanks Ray (maybe shorten the name to YT like Celine wrote so it doesn't take up the row more than the "b" bold or "i" italics---just suggestions to help with the design)
Ray
Ray | 10-12-2014 17:29
The youtube tag is available (including the search API) in the new comment form (test link on bottom of all topics). This new comment form will be the new standard form on the site. That it is not the standard form yet is because some members seem to have issues with it. I'm not planning to develop the current "advanced" form futher than its current state. Mobile layout is on it way and the current advanced form isn't compatible with it.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 10-12-2014 17:45
Great Ray.... found everything... guess I'm old fashioned I keep hitting the advanced button not the new blue Comment one... I'll have to adjust my mouse pointer. Thanks again for all the great work!
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 15-01-2015 21:23
I was one of the few to say no to the option, so why do you want me to use it? You are all kidding. I disagreed with many of you, for many reasons.

- When I click "play", the video would stop before it is fully charged.
- I wish no one saw black rectangles in the forum.
- And if it was about songs I like, it would just suck to post a video with a naked butt displayed throughout the song - so my content would be censored.
- Every time I post a video, you say it works - I said "it doesn't work" because I just simply hate this option!

So I wanted no YT links in forum posts, didn't I? All you poets.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 15-01-2015 22:03
You weren't one of the few... You were the only one.
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 16-01-2015 10:02
If you hate the option so much, why do you use it? No one's telling you to.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 18-01-2015 05:03
If you hate the option so much, why do you use it? No one's telling you to.
Lisa : and those who voted "no" to this poll should not use this function at all!

I got another problem with a video, saying it could not be embedded. Shame!
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: