en

Guess Who Game Rule Suggestions

Follow 1
Add topic
Search
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 01-12-2014 22:25
Hi!

Practice here with a new discussion topic...

Now that we have played one round of 'Guess Who?' Games (The Halloween Costume Edition), its time to set up the next ones...

We have learned a lot from experience with this game... and would like to throw it open to the community to suggest any rule changes that would be in effect "BEFORE" the game is started... Thus we don't have to change the rules in mid-game or worry about cheating or other ways this can go wrong...

Its not perfect yet... so our task ahead is difficult...

I'll go first...copying my last posting from the actual Game thread... and others who commented about the rules can also begin posting here...

At various points I will copy the "rules" for posting here (I didn't want to do it in the title section as that takes up too much space on each page) as we go along!

Thanks everyone for your suggestions!
Remember! I'm sitting out the next game to give someone else the chance to try creating & designing a 'Guess Who?' Edition out for themselves!

Don't forget ! If you have any ideas for new Editions of Guess Who? (many have already offered theirs---THANKS!) and want to share them with the others before doing the work to actually open a game thread with that topic... you can talk about them here first...

---------

1) Halloween Costumes Edition (Practice)
2) The Reguessening (XJeremy)
3) No Clever Title/Fear Factor (Sierra)
4) Christmas Gifts Edition (Joey)
5) Electric Boogaloo (B)
6) Food For Thought (Sierra)
7) Criminal Minds (XJeremy)
8) Casting Director (Sarah)
9) Tropical Island Tune (Practice)
10) Living Nightmare (Joey)
11) Pick Your Power (Sierra)
12) Dinner Invitation (Joey)
13) Into the Future (Jeff)
14) Show me the money (Sierra)
15) Dream Job (XJeremy)
16) ???????
76 to 99 of 99 comments
page 4 of 4
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 22-01-2016 01:20
Is anyone/everyone up for another one of these?
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 22-01-2016 01:23
Yes
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 22-01-2016 01:26
Sure.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 22-01-2016 04:17
Any ideas? Anyone can go if they want.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 22-01-2016 04:26
Oh yeah. I had one, but since Joe and Jeff said yes first, are the two of you good to go in that order?
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 22-01-2016 04:34
You can just make yours. I don't mind and I'm sure Joe doesn't either.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 22-01-2016 04:39
Thanks, but I'm happy to wait. He beat me to it and I imagine his will be a more interesting or funny topic. I just do ones I want to know the answer to.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 23-01-2016 19:25
I think he was saying yes to playing another one. Or I don't know, I just wanted to bump this.
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 23-01-2016 20:50
I was saying yes to playing. Someone else can do it first to get the rust out though
Joeyy
Joeyy | 23-01-2016 21:40
Haha, OK. I was looking at the list in the original post and thinking either I'm incredibly narcissistic or one is missing, because I was sure I got 12/12 on one. We were missing two - my last game was only two games ago, and you've mentioned wanting to host a game a few times since the last, Jeff, so you should go first.

If you really don't want to then I'll do it.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 23-01-2016 22:45
I'm not creative enough to think of one though.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 24-01-2016 04:45
OK. I'll post one tomorrow/later.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 24-01-2016 04:46
Joey coming in clutch.

How exactly do I think of one? There must be some site I could use. :p
Joeyy
Joeyy | 24-01-2016 23:06
You just think of a random question you're interested in knowing the answer to. Failing that...I Googled "random questions" for you and this was the first site - maybe it'll give you inspiration.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 24-01-2016 23:11
Thanks!

You should definitely go and then I could make one next!
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 25-01-2016 00:38
We're currently in Guess Who #12, and I'd like to reserve a spot for #13 please! :p

* offtopic :
Edited.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 25-01-2016 00:39
Wait, thirteen? Did I/we miss from the list in the original post?
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 25-01-2016 00:40
No, I just made another mistake lol.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 25-01-2016 00:43
Oh OK I've edited the post.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 25-01-2016 00:43
My bad, haha. Thanks!
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 19-04-2016 03:36
Comment..... For Ray maybe I'll think about it first..
I looked this up by seeing my topics I was "following" and guess what? (it was NOT Guess Who!)
That's right read it again...
I was NOT following this Guess Who topic even though I created it!
I assumed if you created it you followed it automatically...
Did I accidentally remove myself from following it?
I got myself back on again, so no problem...
Only if others report this as a "bug" maybe its deserving of reporting to Ray...
Otherwise....
Just me...
Fumble Fingers!
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 19-04-2016 03:50
I'm here to transfer some information from another thread to this one...

Cross check and reference this thread : 'If I Only Had More Time In A Day'

Oh that is cool Ray! Closed threads are not "searchable" or "findable", so before I can't I'll copy the contents of the thread onto the next comment box!

Joey wrote in response to my request to close the thread:

Closing it makes sense if he's done with it and no longer wants answers here. We don't normally erase threads altogether, though. I'll close it - although I feel bad about that " " face...hope Practice isn't sad about it not being a thread.

1. Yes thank you Joey for closing it... I am done with it. Not sad... ]: Hope that is a VBG smiley!

2. I hope by connecting it to this one, someone who has always wanted to do a Guess Who, but has been stumped in thinking of a topic can borrow/utilize mine and have fun doing a Guess Who!

3. If no one wants to do it, do this topic, after a while (I see the listing of potential Guess Who(ers) (is that even a word?), Guess Who Gamemasters might be better term.... is up to Number 14 Sierra...
So I can do somewhere above that, number 15 or 16 or whatever with this topic...

4. Don't write me in yet Joey, I'll bump this category up every time it hits page 3 or 4 and see if someone else wants to do the topic scenario I suggested...

5. I don't need to do it.. I got a million ideas, and for more polls too...
(The topic is closed so I write it here for Jeff and Kaleb etc....) If you think one of my Polls deserves to be a Guess Who topic..speak up again and I'll write the same note as I did above for this one).

I'm not concerned as I have more than I can possibly do myself.... Full of ideas lacking in time (which is why I wrote the topic that got closed today).

Good Luck!

If you need help starting the topic as a scenario, let me know and I'll help you! Its my game and I want it to be successful for everyone
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 19-04-2016 04:04
this thread : 'If I Only Had More Time In A Day'

Thread Contents were as follows:

If I only had more time in a day.

You are here: Home Forum General Discussion

New Closed Warm

PracticePractic

2,180 comments
Like 023 hours ago

Wondering where everyone is past few days.. All of you must be busy with other activities.

Sarah was not online I see why!
" First time I've been able to get the site to load since Friday! "

So I got to thinking....

An open-ended poll (that means you get to choose your own answer) for the question: "What would you do if you had more time in a day, each day?

[Now some of you may think of rich objects to buy and play with... no no I did NOT say what would you do with extra time, if you won the lottery, etc (though if one of you wants to make a poll like that unless its already been done there go right ahead and do it!)

I'm asking what would you do if you had more time each day..
Comments (7)
7 comments

PracticePractic

2,180 comments
Like 023 hours ago

I'll go first; makes it easy (post links if you want to)

I thought of this while looking on a shelf at a dusty book...sigh... "if I only had more time"

The book's title? "Completely Cheese" (there were a whole bunch of these same title...

(which is a UK site, I tried to get Abe books from USA and failed for some reason)

Or try these:::

And if I really get more time each day for a year or so... I'd venture into this! Or This!
(inspired by Joey's trials and tribulations at it).

For example:
" Aw, Carl, sometimes they're necessary to stay healthy. I understand the temptation to eat more when you're around the house. Everything in moderation! Says the woman who sometimes has three cheese-based meals a day. "

" I made cheese. That's right, made. And not from secret udders. "

PracticePractic

2,180 comments
Like 016 hours ago

Oh it seems many people like Sarah were "off" the site here not due to anything they were busy with....but inability to get on the site as I see from this thread (Can't access home page) the difficulty has been [solved] !

Captain_Keeta

85,787 comments
Liked! 214 hours ago

This would be an awesome guess who question.

kalsonberry

21,931 comments
Liked! 112 hours ago

I agree, we should make this into a guess who.

PracticePractic

2,180 comments
Like 06 hours ago

Alright then.... Thanks Jeff and Kaleb for the suggestion!

NOBODY answer this question please! We'll make it into a Guess Who Game!

Oh oh.... Guess Who has to choose "another" answer?

.......me! ]:

* offtopic :
Can a Mod kindly "erase" this thread so it never existed?

Captain_Keeta

85,787 comments
Like 06 hours ago

No need to be upset Practice! I think it's a great idea for a guess who, you don't have to have this thread closed.

Joeyy

44,527 comments
Liked! 21 hour, 48 min ago

Closing it makes sense if he's done with it and no longer wants answers here. We don't normally erase threads altogether, though. I'll close it - although I feel bad about that " " face...hope Practice isn't sad about it not being a thread.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 06-07-2016 15:49
As is tradition I'm guessing we'll have a bit of a break between the last game (which just ended) and the next, but feel free to speak up if you're thinking of making the 16th, otherwise someone might beat you to it.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: