en

Guess Who Game Rule Suggestions

Follow 1
Add topic
Search
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 01-12-2014 22:25
Hi!

Practice here with a new discussion topic...

Now that we have played one round of 'Guess Who?' Games (The Halloween Costume Edition), its time to set up the next ones...

We have learned a lot from experience with this game... and would like to throw it open to the community to suggest any rule changes that would be in effect "BEFORE" the game is started... Thus we don't have to change the rules in mid-game or worry about cheating or other ways this can go wrong...

Its not perfect yet... so our task ahead is difficult...

I'll go first...copying my last posting from the actual Game thread... and others who commented about the rules can also begin posting here...

At various points I will copy the "rules" for posting here (I didn't want to do it in the title section as that takes up too much space on each page) as we go along!

Thanks everyone for your suggestions!
Remember! I'm sitting out the next game to give someone else the chance to try creating & designing a 'Guess Who?' Edition out for themselves!

Don't forget ! If you have any ideas for new Editions of Guess Who? (many have already offered theirs---THANKS!) and want to share them with the others before doing the work to actually open a game thread with that topic... you can talk about them here first...

---------

1) Halloween Costumes Edition (Practice)
2) The Reguessening (XJeremy)
3) No Clever Title/Fear Factor (Sierra)
4) Christmas Gifts Edition (Joey)
5) Electric Boogaloo (B)
6) Food For Thought (Sierra)
7) Criminal Minds (XJeremy)
8) Casting Director (Sarah)
9) Tropical Island Tune (Practice)
10) Living Nightmare (Joey)
11) Pick Your Power (Sierra)
12) Dinner Invitation (Joey)
13) Into the Future (Jeff)
14) Show me the money (Sierra)
15) Dream Job (XJeremy)
16) ???????
26 to 50 of 99 comments
page 2 of 4
JDolla
JDolla | 05-01-2015 21:01
You know, when you take everything I say seriously and literally, it kind of sucks the life out of me a little bit.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 06-01-2015 10:16
You know, when you take everything I say seriously and literally, it kind of sucks the life out of me a little bit.

Someday Jeremy, I do hope you will understand what is going on and become maybe sympathetic to other people's situations, but I do like to joke around too----its just that my humor doesn't seem to work as well as yours, so I am in awe of your ability to come up with these ideas. I do hope I'm not taking away from you as much as you say I am, rather I am trying to contribute to the entire site here..
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 13-01-2015 01:24
Congratulations for Bruna for a great Guess Who? #4 Electric Boogaloo game and topic! Good show!

one question..... so who is ready to take on Guess Who? #5????
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 13-01-2015 01:25
6. Keeta

I lied.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 13-01-2015 01:51
i.e. Jeff's not going to make the next game, so if someone else wants to (whenever), go ahead.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 13-01-2015 02:06
I'll do another one, but I'll wait a day if anyone who hasn't gone wants to go.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 13-01-2015 02:15
Thank you Sierra! We will wait for your next topic!!

Great and nice of you to wait a day for others to see if they want it.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 13-01-2015 02:42
Yeah, Jeff doesn't really wanna make the next one, he likes participating in them. :p
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 13-01-2015 21:24
I will post a new Guess Who tonight if no one else volunteers.
JDolla
JDolla | 22-01-2015 17:57
Anyone called next?
Joeyy
Joeyy | 22-01-2015 18:07
Nope.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 22-01-2015 21:50
I would have, but I think there is the big football game coming up I never know what day exactly, and didn't want to try to compete with that as so many here played fantasy football. I prefer the end part of the month to do one if I can call it in future so that would be Feb 16/17 (whenever Pointless game ends so no competition there) until the end of February--28th?? (If I wait that long)... anyone else want to take a Guess Who? (I still have lots of subjects left to use--so for me there is no rush to take a spot)....
Joeyy
Joeyy | 22-01-2015 21:57
Fantasy football has finished. I'm sure none of us are so lazy that we can't participate in more than one game thread if we want to.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 22-01-2015 22:40
Ok, thanks for the view Joey....
I should first ask Jeremy if began the conversation here about who is up next because he wanted to go next...so I'll wait a while for his reply here_________
indiechick_
indiechick_ | 24-01-2015 11:32
so... who's next?
JDolla
JDolla | 24-01-2015 12:34
I'll get one started soon.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 24-01-2015 19:55
Thank you Jeremy for stepping up again! Will look forward to entering my submission to the new Guess Who!
Joeyy
Joeyy | 24-01-2015 22:40
Signing myself up for after Jeremy or Practice. I know you messaged me about it, Practice, but it confused me (as to when you plan on posting yours).
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 24-01-2015 22:45
Go ahead Joey! I think I was just saying I prefer the end of a month--- so count backwards from any month--- one week from final answers revealing day--- plus 4 or more days for the original guesses to be posted.... and I'll take that slot as Game #9 or 10 or whatever it works out to be!

Great! Good Luck with your Edition of 'Guess Who?' Joey!
Joeyy
Joeyy | 24-01-2015 22:54
It will be the end of the month when Jeremy's ends, though.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 24-01-2015 23:06
Of course!

Then you can do one (maybe time for another one too? ) before February 15/16 which gives me 4 days to post the game subject, and wait for guesses---and one week, until February 28th for the final posting (including any stragglers---so I can prepare a spreadsheet without any other time eaters conflicting upon me)... that's all.... I would think "end of month" knowing how long the game is played would have been enough to ask for that's all...(First one I did was to have ended October 31st, it ended November 30th, see?
I love it when a plan comes together
Colonel Hannibal Smith-- The A-Team
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 25-01-2015 01:11
I'm stewing on an idea for one myself. So put me on the list wherever there's space and I'll make sure I'm prepared when my turn comes up.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 28-01-2015 01:52
OK, got it. So it would go Jeremy's current game, mine, Practice's, Sarah's.

Except I've already done one, so I'm happy for Sarah to go next if she'd like.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 28-01-2015 02:14
I don't mind waiting. You can go next if you're ready.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 01-02-2015 21:59
I'll post one tomorrow if Sarah's sure she doesn't want to go next; I don't mind either way.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: