LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Guess Who? (Halloween)

Follow 2
Add topic
Search
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 19-11-2014 03:05
The 'Guess Who?' game involves people PMing the host (me, PracticePractic, in this case) with their choice of whatever the subject is (all will become clear soon). As I had the idea for this game a few months ago, the subject/theme of this edition is Halloween costumes (or, for the more literary among you, I got the idea from Edgar Allan Poe's short story 'The Masque of the Red Death'). People who wish to participate in this part of the game have one week to message the host with their choice: Meaning, for this version, people have a week from today to message me with your choice of costume for a "late Halloween party" I'm "inviting" you all to.

Once the week is up, the host posts the list of items people have sent in, along with a separate list of the members who sent in those items – both are in alphabetical order to avoid revealing who said what.

For example, if the edition of the game was 'Favorite Cheeses', the host might post

ITEM LIST:
Applewood Smoked Cheddar
Edam
Gouda
Monterey Jack

and

NAME LIST
Carl (CarlJ)
Joey (Joeyy)
Sarah (Cheater138)
Sierra (PinkFloyd)

Players (these can include those who PM'd the host with an item choice, as well as anyone who only wants to guess the match-ups) will then have four days to post in the thread, matching the list items to the members they think chose them. Using the example item list, this might be

ENTRY

Applewood Smoked Cheddar - Joey
Edam - Carl
Gouda - PinkFloyd
Monterey Jack - Sarah

(The choice of username or real name is yours.)

If you have submitted a costume and also want to guess the match-ups, please do not "guess" your own.

The aim of the game is to score a full house in matching the usernames or real names to their choices of subject. Four days after the lists have been posted, the game closes for guesses and the winner will later be announced! (If no one scores a full house, then the winner will be whoever was closest.) If we have enough players, we might have a 2nd and 3rd place as well.

Anyone can host an edition of the game, although it might be best if only one edition is played at a time. Other editions might be 'Guess Who: Last Meal'; 'Guess Who: Favorite Book/Movie/TV Show', etc.

I hope enough of you like this game for it to be a success. Don't forget, this is a Halloween edition, so the first step is for people to PM me with your choice of Halloween costume! Please don't purposely submit something that no one would attribute to you – if everyone did that, nobody would ever win!

First Deadline: Costumers, please choose your costume by 1 week from today (that's November 26, 2014 at 22:00 (10 pm) by the LSI clock).

Then everyone has 4 days to match the costumes to the member and post their guesses.

Second Deadline: Game closes for guesses on November 30, 2014 at 22:00 (10 pm) by the LSI clock.

Winners receive nothing but congratulatory notes from other players!

(With much thanks and great appreciation to Joey for all her suggestions to these instructions!)
51 to 75 of 165 comments
page 3 of 7
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 26-11-2014 19:11
I said discussing answers. Like, oh yeah, that one time Joey talked about wanting to be a carrot, so she must be the carrot.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 26-11-2014 19:36
remembering another scene from a movie (forgot the name---just posting in between other tasks)....

Dr. Sigmund Freud is shown discussing all the psychological angles and ramifications for someone saying they wanted to be a "carrot"..... then he stops his long discourse in mid-sentence to say...

"and then again.... sometimes a carrot is just a carrot!"

Just passing along for those who get the joke which your posting reminded me of....
Joeyy
Joeyy | 26-11-2014 20:14
Hahaha.

Anyway...hopefully people won't take too long with their answers and there will be a couple of days where players can comment with after-thoughts about their choices, perhaps?
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 26-11-2014 22:18
END OF COSTUME SUBMISSIONS! GUESSING BEGINS!

Thank you to everyone who submitted a costume choice this week! I'm very happy so many of you participated.

As stated, the next part of the game is where players – again, this can be ANYONE, not only the people who submitted a Halloween costume – try to match the submitters with their choice. The first person to correctly match every submitter to their chosen costume wins! If no one manages this, then the winner will be whoever was closest. Your have four days to guess!

RULES

One thing to remember before posting your guesses is: if you submitted a costume yourself, DO NOT POST YOUR OWN when guessing!

In its current format, to make it as much fun as possible, this game works on faith – please submit your guesses in the thread based on your own intuitions, i.e. don't read everyone else's and base yours on those. It defeats the object of the game – to see how well you know your fellow LSI members – and it takes away the victory of a true win.

Hoping everyone can play fairly and enjoy this new game!

(Again I must express many thanks and great appreciation to Joey for all her suggestions to these instructions!)

NAME LIST

Bruna – indiechick

CaptainStabbin

Carl – CarlJ

Jen – zjenn4

Jeremy – JDolla

Joey – Joeyy

Kaleb – kalsonberry

Lisa – Juliet86

Sarah – Cheater138

Sierra – PinkFloyd

---------

ITEM LIST (Costumes)

Alexander Skarsgard's face

Annie Oakley

Blobfish

Extremely over the top, unnecessary slutty nurse

Female Sheriff

Hermione Granger

Jason from Friday the 13th

A Lead Singer from an 80s Hair Metal Band

M&M Costume

Penguin Costume

Pirate Costume

Power Ranger (Red)

Stay Puft Marshmallow Man

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle (Michelangelo)

----------

DEADLINE FOR GUESSES: November 30th, 22:00 (10 pm) by the LSI clock.

Good luck!!
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 26-11-2014 22:21
Alexander Skarsgard's face, hahaha.
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 26-11-2014 22:23
So we shouldn't even read each other's posts, or just not use their ideas for our own guess?

Some seems obvious, but they could be trickery!
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 26-11-2014 22:26
So people who didn't even participate can guess? Pssh
Joeyy
Joeyy | 26-11-2014 22:27
I don't think anyone will, but if they wanted to. Could be a rule that's changed in future editions; we just thought maybe a few people wouldn't submit a costume in this first one because they didn't get it or were lazy, but then realised it could be fun.

I'd advise trying not to read before posting to avoid being influenced, but it's up to you.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 26-11-2014 22:30
Trickery. Indeed.
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 26-11-2014 22:32
Yeah, I won't read them. Possible accidental glancing, but I won't read until I post mine. I'll just start second guessing my own thinking then.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 26-11-2014 22:35
Haha, I kind of like that about this. Mind game.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 26-11-2014 22:39
Keeping the little gray cells at work?

"Hercule Poirot "
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 26-11-2014 23:20
Ok, here are my guesses so don't look! Although I wouldn't be surprised if they're all wrong...

Bruna – indiechick: Blobfish
CaptainStabbin: Power Ranger (Red)
Carl – CarlJ: Annie Oakley
Jen – zjenn4: Pirate Costume
Jeremy – JDolla: Jason from Friday the 13th
Joey – Joeyy: Female Sheriff
Lisa – Juliet86: Hermione Granger
Sarah – Cheater138: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle (Michelangelo)
Sierra – PinkFloyd: A Lead Singer from an 80s Hair Metal Band
Joeyy
Joeyy | 26-11-2014 23:32
Woo, our first guesser.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 27-11-2014 00:29
Millions of thanks and applause for Kaleb!

for taking the first giant step and submitting first!

The game is moving right along!!!
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 27-11-2014 01:41
Bruna – indiechick: Pirate Costume
CaptainStabbin: A Lead Singer from an 80s Hair Metal Band
Carl – CarlJ: Stay Puft Marshmallow Man
Jen – zjenn4: Blobfish
Jeremy – JDolla: Extremely over the top, unnecessary slutty nurse
Joey – Joeyy: Alexander Skarsgard's face ( btw)
Kaleb – kalsonberry: Jason from Friday the 13th
Lisa – Juliet86: Hermione Granger
Sierra – PinkFloyd: Annie Oakley
Joeyy
Joeyy | 27-11-2014 02:01
When you Google a few of these costumes...the world lets me down.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 27-11-2014 02:03
Googling "Alexander Skarsgard's face" does NOT let me down.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 27-11-2014 02:06
JDolla
JDolla | 27-11-2014 03:13
Bruna: Penguin Costume

Joseph: A Lead Singer from an 80s Hair Metal Band

Carl: Stay Puft Marshmallow Man

Jen: Blobfish

Jeremy: Not Tellin

Joey: Female Sheriff

Kaleb: Jason from Friday the 13th

Lisa: Pirate Costume

Sarah: Alexander Skarsgard's face

Sierra: Penguin Costume

These were hard because I remember people talking about some of these things, I just can't remember who.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 27-11-2014 03:48
Thank you both Sarah and Jeremy for your Entries!!!

Well done Jeremy for the slot for yourself... maybe others can insert their own humorous (or not) phrases in their own names area...

Yay for all of you!!!
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 27-11-2014 07:27
Bruna – indiechick – Pirate
CaptainStabbin – Sexy/Slutty Nurse
Carl – CarlJ – M&M
Jen – zjenn4 – Blobfish
Jeremy – JDolla – Jason from Friday the 13th
Joey – Joeyy – Annie Oakley
Kaleb – kalsonberry – Stay Puff Marshmallow
Lisa – Juliet86 – Hermione Granger
Sarah – Cheater138 – Power Ranger

My answers changed multiple times. I don't know anything about you people.
MastersaArmsFan
MastersaArmsFan | 27-11-2014 07:59
I am loving reading this! I hope you do the position one next!
indiechick_
indiechick_ | 27-11-2014 10:10
jeremy said:

Bruna: Penguin Costume

Sierra: Penguin Costume

so you suggest we're sharing?
indiechick_
indiechick_ | 27-11-2014 10:13
btw, here's my guess:

CaptainStabbin - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle (Michelangelo)

Carl – CarlJ - M&M Costume

Jen – zjenn4 - Power Ranger (Red)

Jeremy – JDolla - Extremely over the top, unnecessary slutty nurse

Joey – Joeyy - Jason from Friday the 13th

Kaleb – kalsonberry - Penguin Costume

Lisa – Juliet86 - Hermione Granger

Sarah – Cheater138 - Alexander Skarsgard's face

Sierra – PinkFloyd - A Lead Singer from an 80s Hair Metal Band
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: