LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Randomness Is The Answer #177

Follow 2
Add topic
Search
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 14-11-2014 20:06
I feel kind of bad winning again with another lame post...sorry about that.

---------------------------------------------------------

The following is a paid broadcast from Stanley...

*insert commercial jingle*

Please, people, let's not forget what the great HappyLion said when he first opened this thread back in '02...

Tired of "favorite..."s and "hate..."s?
Tired of religious wars?
Tired of disputes over words like "gay"?
Feeling random...?

Or are you just one of those people who don't make any sense anyway...?

THEN DROP BY THE RANDOMNESS, THE PLACE WHERE YOU CAN JUST GET THAT WEIRDNESS OFF YOUR MIND!

-----------------------R U L E S-------------------------

1. Posts in this thread (with this one as a possible exception...) may make no sense whatsoever!

2. Try to read all existing posts before posting a new one...

3. DO NOT USE MORE THAN 3 SMILEYS PER POST!

4. BE ORIGINAL!

5. Have fun for Christ's sake!

6. (Don't) Spam!
1,051 to 1,075 of 5,005 comments
page 43 of 201
Furtive
Furtive | 26-11-2014 07:51
logged in mildly excited to post a song into the lafs thread only to find what it had become, and get repulsed from posting in there. Virtual communities are prone to entropy; people come and go, so that's all understandable, but most of the times the idea or concept of a place doesn't change or get tainted. In this case, what used to be a carefree, freeflowing and simplistic place is now a meticulous, anal and strangling atmosphere, where things get morbidly controlled, tinkered with, moderated. And there is not one person to blame. It's like the whole Batman-Gotham conundrum. The more order or control you try to force in, the more disorder you give birth to.

the only thing that thread is anymore is an epitome of the bastardization that this forum is inevitably capable of. A real shame. Beautiful though... in a dark way.
FireWaterBurn6
FireWaterBurn6 | 26-11-2014 08:13
Having fun in your freshman English 015 course?
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 26-11-2014 09:55
I get your point. But we're just fed up with some people ruining good threads.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 26-11-2014 11:09
I've never used that thread, but it is confusing to me why rating the previous song was added. Jen said right in there, it's not a game thread and I'm pretty sure there is a "rate the song in front of you" game somewhere.

I'd like the thread better if it were just a place to post a song, say why you love it and give others the option to agree or disagree. The rating makes it seem like a game.
indiechick_
indiechick_ | 26-11-2014 11:35
a very good friend of mine just emailed me to tell me she is getting divorced.. ugh, this sucks.
JDolla
JDolla | 26-11-2014 12:20
Dude makes a good point, but he does it in such a pretentious way that it's hard to really take it seriously. Hard to tell whether he really has a concern for things around here or just wanted to show us how many complicated words he knows and how many metaphors he can force into a single post.

Pro Tip: If you're hoping to say a few words to make a point and maybe change a few minds, don't go out of your way to be a condescending asshole. It discredits you in the minds of your audience before they even finish reading what you wrote.
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 26-11-2014 12:37
I don't like the rating either. It would be better if we just encouraged discussion without making it a rule.
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 26-11-2014 12:41
Sorry to hear that, B. Have they been married long? I hope they both find it for the best in the end.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 26-11-2014 13:06
Such big words. Google can help anyone apparently.
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 26-11-2014 13:17
I never miss a beat, I'm lightning on my feet, but that's what they don't see ee ee
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 26-11-2014 13:29
I couldn't remember Jack Dee's name so I Googled "grumpy British comedian" and he was the first thing to come up.
indiechick_
indiechick_ | 26-11-2014 13:38
lisa, it's been 5 or 6 years i think. at least it's all happening in a peaceful way for both, no big fights or hard feelings.

sucks though
JDolla
JDolla | 26-11-2014 13:56
Divorces are rough, especially when you like both parties involved. Hope everything works out for the best
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 26-11-2014 13:56
Two weeks anxiety free.

Let's keep the trend going.
FireWaterBurn6
FireWaterBurn6 | 26-11-2014 14:54
Reminds me of when friends break up but you liked their girlfriend and now you can't really be friends anymore. Luckily now I just start out not liking my friends girlfriends which makesthe eventual break up less of a transition for me.

Joeyy
Joeyy | 26-11-2014 16:33
Apparently some people can't read and for some reason have to bring something they already discussed into a different thread. But, since he has, this is just for him: There isn't a rule; rating is optional, hence "if you'd like" being in the OP - and it was put there because, after it was suggested (to encourage people to listen to new music), the original poster - YOU - said

that's a great idea! could you add that into the first post? do you mean comment comment, a rating system from 1-10? or just state whether you loved it or not?

To which I replied
I was originally thinking just a comment - of a civilised manner, so (for example) "I'm not keen on it" rather than "It's s***"" - but we could have a rating system if you wanted. It's your thread, you choose.

Your response
damn right I choose (kidding. partly ) bouncing ideas never hurts. I'd rather a collaborative and discussed effort for a better chance at success than a solo one-dimensional one

And players took it from there. Since people can be a bit lazy, they often opt to rate with only a number. I'm not sure why you've decided to come back just to comment repeatedly on something in a negative manner, but maybe next time it should be about something that isn't down to you and nothing to do with forum moderators.

tl; dr: Read better/What Curt and Jeremy said.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 26-11-2014 16:36
That does suck, B. Are you friendly with both or does it make you sad because you thought they were a strong couple?
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 26-11-2014 16:38
Looking great as ever, Joeyy.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 26-11-2014 16:44
Practice thinks it's a chicken suit, haha.
indiechick_
indiechick_ | 26-11-2014 16:46
i'll keep that approach in mind for future interactions, hah.

i've known my friend for years and years, it's really a no brainer that i'll be taking her side on this. i was friendly with her partner but not enough to make me super sad that we won't be interacting much in the future. sucks more to see my friend go through this, i guess.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 26-11-2014 16:57
That is definitely not a chicken suit. Lmao.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 26-11-2014 17:19
Must be awful to go through, but at least it's not messy, which has to make it easier. Your friend will be OK. Better than staying in an unhappy marriage in the long run, right? If they couldn't work out their issues or the love disappeared.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 26-11-2014 17:56
I am suddenly seeing this all over the site:

This artist does not want the lyrics to this song be posted on the internet. We respect this decision and have removed the lyrics from our archive. Please refer to the Google searchengine to find the lyrics to this song.

Which I haven't seen in years. I hope this is a glitch.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 26-11-2014 18:03
Not again.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 26-11-2014 18:11
If I try to edit the lyrics, thinking maybe the lyrics are still there, they just aren't being shown. They are gone. I hope they are still saved on the site somewhere. I will be a saaaaad panda.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: