LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Randomness Is The Answer #177

Follow 2
Add topic
Search
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 14-11-2014 20:06
I feel kind of bad winning again with another lame post...sorry about that.

---------------------------------------------------------

The following is a paid broadcast from Stanley...

*insert commercial jingle*

Please, people, let's not forget what the great HappyLion said when he first opened this thread back in '02...

Tired of "favorite..."s and "hate..."s?
Tired of religious wars?
Tired of disputes over words like "gay"?
Feeling random...?

Or are you just one of those people who don't make any sense anyway...?

THEN DROP BY THE RANDOMNESS, THE PLACE WHERE YOU CAN JUST GET THAT WEIRDNESS OFF YOUR MIND!

-----------------------R U L E S-------------------------

1. Posts in this thread (with this one as a possible exception...) may make no sense whatsoever!

2. Try to read all existing posts before posting a new one...

3. DO NOT USE MORE THAN 3 SMILEYS PER POST!

4. BE ORIGINAL!

5. Have fun for Christ's sake!

6. (Don't) Spam!
2,701 to 2,725 of 5,005 comments
page 109 of 201
FireWaterBurn6
FireWaterBurn6 | 17-12-2014 06:18
That I was carded for making a joke about ebola? I said nothing in that particular post about you being a bad mod.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 17-12-2014 06:27
Haha, OK then. You can accuse me of carding you for that a hundred times and every other moderator will still know it's not true, so all I can do is laugh.

Maybe we can move on now. Does your client have any family he'll be spending Christmas with?
FireWaterBurn6
FireWaterBurn6 | 17-12-2014 06:33
It was likely you, Lisa, or Sierra. When your policy is to hide after giving a card, you open yourself up to assumptions. It's your burden, not mine.

My client will probably spend most of Christmas with his parents. They are divorced and he goes there every weekend anyways. His anxiety has been crazy lately. He just constantly throws tantrums and asks "why isnt Christmas here yet?" "Why is it taking so long to get here?" etc. Just constantly, literally 40 times a day starting at 5AM when he wakes me up. I'm on a short fuse with him right now so we'll see how the next few days go. I'm staying Wed-Sunday this week for some easy overtime.

I also dropped $400 at the Tattoo Shop today. Whoops.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 17-12-2014 06:44
I'll respond to that next time it comes up. ;p Off to sleep now.

Does he have his own calendar? It might help if he can cross off the days, or maybe even a countdown timer. I know that kind of thing helps ny friend's brother, but he's not severely affected. What are you able to do when it comes to getting that frustrated with him?
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 17-12-2014 06:47
Do you know her sister?
FireWaterBurn6
FireWaterBurn6 | 17-12-2014 06:49
I bought him this cool magnetic christmas calendar so I tell him to go look at it a lot. His anxiety is really out of control with any upcmoning events or holidays. Best way is to either be really stern or really goof. Hedge hard one way or another. Sometimes it's best to let him blow up for 10 minutes cause then it'll be out of his system instead of letting is fester all day long.

Usually in the mornings I'm more stern cause I'm cranky anyways. I'll tell him to go back to bed and drop his punk ass attitude, he'll yell around and threaten to runaway, I'll get in his face, and then things will be calm for most of the day.

He likes roleplaying in a non-sexual way. So I'll make fake phone calls to Santa, who he knows isn't real but likes to pretend. Tell Santa he's being naughty. Fake call the cops and tell them he needs to be locked away. Tell him that Christmas is over and he missed it due to his whining, etc. He knows it's all jokes so he'll just crack up laughing everytime and play along.

If you have no strategy he'll just poison everyone in the house with his attitude and anxiety. He has a hard time being grateful and appreciative. I don't get too fired up unless he starts intentionally pissing off his room mate.
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 17-12-2014 10:41
The ability of a doctor's office waiting room to make you nervous is astounding. I just went to remove stitches, and I was sure it had healed well, and yet, I was becoming nervous.

I really hope this hat I bought Erik fits him. I think his head is bigger than mine, and this just about fits me. But they only had one size.
indiechick_
indiechick_ | 17-12-2014 11:24
i need to start packing, ugh. i hate packing and half of my bag will be christmas presents. customs will have a field day with me if they decide to scan my bag, but screw them. i haven't gone home for christmas in 6 years, of course i'm bringing in a lot of stuff.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 17-12-2014 11:35
Is this week over yet?
CarlJ
CarlJ | 17-12-2014 13:22
howdy everyone. one week to Christmas Eve. Hard to believe this year has flown by. Looking forward to new beginnings in 2015....not to mention...the big 5-0. Bbbbbook em Danno! lol
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 17-12-2014 13:59
I've gotta start looking at colleges in the new year. Damnz
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 17-12-2014 14:04
well what terrible luck.. the shirt I was planning to order today has increased in price from $25 to $42.
CarlJ
CarlJ | 17-12-2014 14:12
that's about par....retailers still losing money this holiday season....that's a helluva markup....
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 17-12-2014 14:31
It's on Amazon so it's not surprising, just disappointing. Hopefully it drops again in a day or so.
CarlJ
CarlJ | 17-12-2014 14:55
crossing my fingers. Was talking to my daughter last nite on the phone and she said she felt bad that she had only gotten me one gift for Christmas. I told her the best gift is that she IS my daughter. and told her that if she wanted to, when she comes over this weekend, we can go out and she can pick out something for me for Christmas....both things cheered her up. I am so lucky....
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 17-12-2014 15:04
ahhh vacation day
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 17-12-2014 15:08
Writing a paper on how kick ass Canada is!
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 17-12-2014 15:32
I forgot I have to work 7 days this week. Thought I had tomorrow off, glad I checked my schedule.
FireWaterBurn6
FireWaterBurn6 | 17-12-2014 15:44
Think I'm gonna do half sleeve of skulls around my current tattoo. Had an epiphany over thanksgiving. Lifes short. Out of fucks to give
JDolla
JDolla | 17-12-2014 15:58
Get a couple neck tats. Really makes you stand out in this excellent job market.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 17-12-2014 16:00
What did you spend the $400 on, Curt?
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 17-12-2014 16:14
Well that sucks.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 17-12-2014 16:15
Joey will have to do a new question for the two of you. Super stupid though.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 17-12-2014 16:16
Very stupid indeed.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 17-12-2014 16:48
I just noticed.. he didn't even give the right answers for the last three. There is no yak, C is not a fox, D is most definitely not the non-existent yak. Makes it even more stupid that he gave the answers away cuz he connected them to the wrong pictures.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: