LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Several problems editing soundtracks [solved]

Follow 1
Add topic
Search
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 04-10-2014 21:43
Ever since Ray fixed the soundtrack editing problem, I've been doing lots of work on the Shake It Up! and Rock Band pages. However, I've encountered several roadblocks while editing them:

- On The Beatles: Rock Band's page, I cannot link "A Hard Day's Night" or "Can't Buy Me Love". I can access the first page that lists songs of that name, but I can't access the pages following the first page. If I click "next" or the page number, nothing happens. Also, on this same page, I cannot link "The End" because it's such a common title, and I can't find the Beatles' version among the heaps of others.
- I can't find "Shine" on Rock Band Blitz, nor "The Con" on Rock Band 3 in the list of songs of that name.
- On Shake It Up: Live 2 Dance, I can't link "Where's the Party" by Jenilee Reyes, despite me creating the song several days ago. I tried pressing the button to link it and the song doesn't show up, yet several other songs of the same name do.

And as a general issue, is there an easier way to find songs with extremely common titles? I hate how putting in the band name does the search no justice in most cases, and sometimes will even search the band name in song titles, which isn't what I want. If there was an additional search box where you could input the artist when searching for songs to link to soundtracks, that would make this so much easier.

Any solutions, or input from Ray, would be very helpful
1 to 25 of 44 comments
page 1 of 2
Joeyy
Joeyy | 04-10-2014 21:52
On The Beatles: Rock Band's page, I cannot link "A Hard Day's Night" or "Can't Buy Me Love". I can access the first page that lists songs of that name, but I can't access the pages following the first page. If I click "next" or the page number, nothing happens.

I've had this problem before; it was a temporary glitch, but one of us needs to message Ray if it doesn't get sorted soon.

Nicolas, you can add the artist name to the search function when linking - put it in and click to search again, and the right songs should come up. It's what I do when the song name is too common for me to want to bother looking through however many pages.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 04-10-2014 22:06
I already mentioned in the OP that I tried putting the artist name in the search function when linking and it didn't help. For example, when I added "beatles" to "The End", I got these results, none of which were the Beatles' version, and when I scroll down past what's shown I get songs with Beatles in the name. I also tried it with "The Con", but instead got songs titled "Sara"
Joeyy
Joeyy | 04-10-2014 22:18
Oh, I'm sorry. Failure to absorb all information. *Tries myself*
Joeyy
Joeyy | 04-10-2014 22:21
Maybe it's part of the glitch? That method has always worked for me before, though I see it might be different for you?
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 04-10-2014 22:23
Good point, that's probably part of it. We should PM Ray about this then, methinks.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 04-10-2014 22:26
Would you like me to?
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 04-10-2014 22:36
I would always suggest messaging Ray before creating a forum topic about website issues. He will see that before seeing this.

But for your second issue. It might be more of a pain. When Alinda and I are working on the charts we tend to use the ID function when coming across common named songs or albums.

Like I said, might be more of a hassle, we have a lot of them memorized so that's why it's easier for us, but if you want to give it a try you can find the song/artist first through the regular search at the top. Grab and copy their ID# which is located in the URL at the very end. So for a song it would be like:

artists.letssingit.com/name-of-artist-name-of-song-######

The ID# will be between 5-8 digits.
Then head over to the album you are working on, go to link tracks. Instead of typing the usual name of the track (example) "Somewhere Over The Rainbow", try typing in "id=hzc4pgs".
(Replace my ID number with the one you've copied)
With no quotes of course, and press search.
This will only give you the exact song. You can also do this with linking artists and albums.

Hopefully this makes sense, give it a try and let me know.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 04-10-2014 22:56
That works! I was able to link all the songs I mentioned in the OP. Thanks a bunch.

Also, I would PM Ray about this, but I already have a PM I sent him that's awaiting a response, and I don't want to tack on other PMs because I don't want to overwhelm him. Combine that with the long time it takes for him to respond to messages (which is understandable, of course), it's an easier situation for me to just post it here, where you guys can respond quickly.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 04-10-2014 22:59
Well, seeing as it solved your problem (for now), I guess it was better to post it here.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 04-10-2014 22:59
That's quite inconvenient, though, and glitches should be sorted as quickly as he can. Honestly, Ray appreciates being told (about the bigger things, at least); he won't tell you off for bugging him (he's too nice ), but I'll do it.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 04-10-2014 23:00
Yes, you do it. I have a few waiting for him to.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 04-10-2014 23:45
Does this really warrant a PM anymore, though? Sierra solved the issue and I can link any song now.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 04-10-2014 23:56
It does. It's a glitch; it shouldn't happen. People shouldn't have to memorize a list of IDs - I know I couldn't - and we have the system we do to prevent that need. If something's wrong with it, it should be sorted.

Just trust us...we've been around a long time.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 04-10-2014 23:59
You should be able to go through the pages and find songs though, even new ones should show up. The reason we use the IDs is actually unrelated to linking. We were just lucky enough to find it useful in this situation.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 05-10-2014 00:09
Exactly, not being able to click past the first page needs to be fixed.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 05-10-2014 00:17
Joeyy, why is memorizing IDs relevant to this? Who said we had to memorize them? I just look up the song, copy the ID from the URL, and paste it in. No memorizing required

But I guess you're right - for those who don't want to use IDs, the glitch should be looked at.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 05-10-2014 00:19
I don't know, Sierra mentioned it.

It's not just about want - when you click to link, it looks a specific thing up and the ID isn't on the list of things it searches for. It's just a lot easier if it does what it's meant to do.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 05-10-2014 00:51
That was for a different purpose, though - those are songs that they link to on a regular basis. These are just songs I'm linking to one time and that's it.

But yeah, you're right. Even with the ID trick intact, it's ideal for the regular interface to do what it's supposed to.
Ray
Ray | 14-10-2014 23:26
Two bug fixed:

1) next/previous page links were not working
2) search got confused when the artist name was added to the search string

If there are more issues, you guys know where to find me
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 14-10-2014 23:46
Awesome, thanks!

The only other issue I've noticed (and it's not related to song linking) is that in the sidebar when editing TV shows or games, where it shows editing options for them under Moderator Tools, it says "this movie" instead of "this TV show", "this game", etc. And this goes for all soundtracks. I think I sent you a PM about that, if I remember correctly.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 30-10-2014 23:06
I've discovered yet another problem, except this time it's related to compilation series.

I tried modding this compilation series, but the sidebar literally gives me no mod options. Therefore, I can't add any of the compilation albums. I haven't been able to find a way around this for the past week or so, and it seems this way for all compilation series.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 30-10-2014 23:44
I also noticed a similar problem that I do not have my super mod powers on this compilation series.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 09-11-2014 04:55
Now the aforementioned problem is occurring for TV shows as well - no editing options appear in the side bar. Games and movies work just fine, though.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 10-11-2014 20:13
Seems like the issue is fixed now on both TV shows and compilation series.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 14-05-2015 19:52
Bumping this so I don't have to create a new thread.

Ever since the new layout today, I can't link songs to soundtracks. I can search for the song and find it, but when I click on it, the song remains unlinked.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: