LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

80s/90s song with bells/chimes at start [Solved]

Follow 2
Add topic
Search
LilsDad
LilsDad | 04-10-2014 21:24
It's driving me nuts, I remember listening to this song over and over in late 92' when I was away at college and absolutely loved it.

It starts off with like bells/chimes or perhaps a synthetic version of that, with repetitions of three bells "b b b - pause - b b b - pause - etc. and then leads into the song. It had a fast, really catchy beat to it.

But it's not techno, sort of late 80s fast-paced pop/rock but with a much more modern, intelligent, thoughtful beat and an amazing melody. I'm not heavy into music so wish I could be more descriptive. Hell, I can't even remember if there were lyrics in it or not that's how bad my memory is. Sad.

It was *definitely* 92 or before that's all I know, no way was it later. it's been over 20 years since I last heard it. No way was it techno, rave or anything like that style. It would have been described as pop or a kind of rock but deffo not heavy metal.

If anyone can help me find this needle in a haystack, you'll have made my year!

Cheers folks,
Matt (new to forum).
21 comments
Joeyy
Joeyy | 04-10-2014 21:30
It wasn't a Christmas song?
LilsDad
LilsDad | 04-10-2014 21:32
No it was just a regular song Joey, thanks tho!
Joeyy
Joeyy | 04-10-2014 21:41
Could you perhaps find a video or audio file of the type of bell sound that was in it?
LilsDad
LilsDad | 04-10-2014 22:24
Actually Joeyy, the more I think about and after searched for sounds on YouTube it could well have been the sound of a triangle, not a bell or chime. As it was so long ago I couldn't find anything that for sure would be a good match. Really appreciate your help tho!
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 04-10-2014 23:32
Whenever I hear of a song with bells I think of the Naked Eyes song. Probably not it, but worth a try.
LilsDad
LilsDad | 04-10-2014 23:40
Thanks PinkFloyd, that's not the one but thanks for replying!
tequizasunrise
tequizasunrise | 18-10-2014 21:36
this song is probably not it but only thing I can think of at the top of my head that the has electronic chimes kinda thing going in the beginning... and I was in the mood to take a wild stab at it
teebandit2
teebandit2 | 21-10-2014 17:41
i think it was sheila E's the belle of st. marks
arico30
arico30 | 03-03-2015 02:59
ice mc -its a rainy day
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 03-03-2015 03:03
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 03-03-2015 17:26
Genesis That's All ? Only becuase I got it in my mine when I first arrived asking for help... its a cymbal more than bells but you said its 3 beats and a pause, but there is guitar in background... I'm assuming memory can be tricked so maybe give it a listen, you'll know.. otherwise I'm checking other 90's or earlier tunes with long instrumental beginnings if that makes sense to you tell me if I'm going on right or wrong track here.. (I'm long writer sorry)
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 03-03-2015 17:37
Throwing in Men at Work's Down Under song.... only as I remembered and checked video----the guy hits bottles before song begins... I had that image so maybe its not bells, but its definition of a catchy tune (Now what am I going to for the rest of today and tomorrow----won't go out of my mind!) (mine=mind in prior post by the way)
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 04-03-2015 20:28
Still trying!!

I love a good mystery!

You asked for a "Fast catchy beat" with bells?? Wedding Bells? 1983 song (I just remembered and checked the video---of course the Wedding Song by Naked Eyes--well I call it that from the video... )

Naked Eyes - Always Something There To Remind Me

Anyway.......
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 04-03-2015 20:46
Retract that.... I see Sierra PinkFloyd ALREADY suggested the song!....

Sorry!! I was away from computer and ran back to type it in without re-reading all of the other choices..... you got the bells correct Sierra!
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 06-03-2015 23:06
Trying again..... sounds familiar .....somewhere heard it.....

Try this one:: The Psychedelic Furs - Love My Way Lyrics

* offtopic :
As I know someone else might be reading this...someone who can decide if the artist needs a mod... I found this while searching...it contains the "official" Biography of the Grop Psychedelic Furs, but when I clicked on the "submit bio" link it told me not to copy and paste the whole thing there...

So for the record....here is a site with the information, if someone wants to take a crack at editing it down for the LSI site and fill in another missing Biography here.

Official Website
LilsDad
LilsDad | 08-03-2015 04:11
Thanks guys, for all your help and inspired guesswork,

TEQUIZASUNRISE*******************
You guessed it: Siouxsie & The Banshees 'Cities In Dust'. Amazing, I don't know how you did it but you did. Many, many, many thanks indeed tequizasunrise. And thanks again Practice for bringing the post back to my inbox and your song suggestions too of course.

Many many thanks also to you Joeyy, PinkFloyd, teebandit2, arico30 and Olivia_Ka you are utterly brilliant people! Love you all,

Also, sorry for not responding to your replies sooner, I'd forgotten about the post with so much going on lately, and I never got any emails saying you'd posted, which to me is weird. But anyway, you guys rock! Can you tell I'm happy,Trololo,,
tequizasunrise
tequizasunrise | 08-03-2015 22:55
cool. glad to have helped and made someone's day. that really was a random guess - I just happened to have heard that song very recently and thought - wait that description sounds familiar... could it be? nah! I mean what are the chances... but I'll mention it anyway LOL.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 09-03-2015 02:54
Wow, tequizasunrise. Out of all the songs in the world that have bells/triangles, either obscure or well-known, you got it. Serious kudos to you.
gregsa
gregsa | 20-05-2015 02:39
try this song:
gregsa
gregsa | 20-05-2015 02:41
The link didn't work. Anyways, I was trying to post the song by Naked Eyes called "Always Something there". It's actually from 1983.
shidoshi
shidoshi | 08-10-2016 20:23
High Hopes by Pink Floyd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGBM5vWiBLo
Shame that user with that band name in his nickname didnt suggest that
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: