LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en
Follow 1
Add topic
Search
TechNedly
TechNedly | 15-09-2014 01:56
I have been on the tune "tongue tied" by Grouplove. I am looking for other music like this, dance / party like with a little sass...
12 comments
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 15-09-2014 05:16
I love that song and that type of music! Hopefully I can help, here are some suggestions

Two Door Cinema Club - I Can Talk, Something Good Could Work
Foster The People - Call It What You Want, Best Friend
Passion Pit - Little Secrets
Ra Ra Riot - Beta Love, Dance With Me
Grouplove - Ways To Go, Shark Attack
Fitz and the Tantrums - Out of My League, The Walker
Bleachers - I Wanna Get Better
Vampire Weekend - Diane Young
Wolf Gang - The King and All of His Men
TechNedly
TechNedly | 15-09-2014 15:11
Close, but not quite. Most of those lose the 'dance' aspect I am looking for. Take tongue tied and set it next to Avicii's "Wake Me Up". There is a persona there I am looking for, the fun party up all night dance music. Both of these songs pull it off. I am getting ready to DJ for a big party that is looking for these types.

P.s. I can't stop listening to tongue tied. It is perfect. "Don't leave me tongue tied, stay up all night, slumber party / pillow fight, we'll get real high, my eyes on your eyes like peter pan in the sky". It is perfect.
TechNedly
TechNedly | 15-09-2014 15:18
Check out Kings Of Leon "Sex On Fire", this also has a close sound!
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 15-09-2014 16:18
Ok I think know the direction you're headed in better now. Let me know if these help:

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Dani California
Young The Giant - My Body
fun. - Some Nights
Fitz and the Tantrums - The Walker
NONONO - Pumpin Blood
Hellogoodbye - Here (In Your Arms)
Parade of Lights - Golden
TechNedly
TechNedly | 15-09-2014 16:24
That is pretty close too. Dani Califournia is not something I am looking for, a little more over played on our radios. Some Nights by Fun is the wrong topic. The Walker by Fitz and Tantrums is something really good, and I am actually stoked you pointed it out, I have heard it on the radio but have not snagged it yet. The others were 'ok' and something I could maybe mix in here and there, but not something I would play through. I like that song Golden by Parade of Lights, it sounds like something I could mix in with M83 if that comes into play...
TechNedly
TechNedly | 15-09-2014 16:26
They have the M83 Reunion (second to midnight city), which was close too, but it had some down points, so I would probably chop and mix that song as well.
TechNedly
TechNedly | 15-09-2014 16:28
I was youtubbin (surfing suggestions), and I found this Calvin Harris - Summer. This is close to, except for the drop down he brings when he cuts back the dance music and sings. This is one of those breaks I am trying to avoid...
TechNedly
TechNedly | 15-09-2014 16:30
This is another tune I spotted. some of these I have never heard before...Nico & Vinz - Am I Wrong
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 15-09-2014 16:36
They play that Am I Wrong song a lot here on the radio haha. Fitz and the Tantrums have another pretty danceable one called "MoneyGrabber". I also think the new Fall Out Boy (My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark) and Panic! At The Disco (Miss Jackson) are pretty catchy. I think that's about all I have...good luck!
TechNedly
TechNedly | 15-09-2014 16:38
This is another song that is close to what I am looking for...Neon Trees - Everybody Talks. this is something I might mix in, I am not sure yet...See how it fits...
TechNedly
TechNedly | 15-09-2014 16:40
I just found this. It hits the nail on the head...Foster The People - Don't Stop (Color on the Walls)
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 27-09-2014 18:03
Capital Cities would also be good!
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: