LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en
Follow 2
Add topic
Search
Ray
Ray | 13-08-2014 16:57
Hey guys,

One of the most discussed subjects is without a doubt the "edit videos"-subject (check for example this topic).

Well, good news, videos can now be edited! For the moment this option is only available for moderators. If it turns out to work well, it will also become available for guests.

The video-edit form is available on the song-edit form. The idea how to use this video-edit form is to let the automated system do it work (like it already did before) and only use the video-edit form to overrule the system if you think the selected video is incorrect. Or of course, if you do have a video while the system didn't find one. You can select a YouTube video using the LSI YouTube search box. Please note the these search results may show less results than if you perform the same search on YouTube itself. This is due to embedding restrictions. Videos that are not allowed to be embedded on websites have been removed from the results.

I think the video-edit form pretty much explains itself. It's still in testing modus, so it may have bugs. And I'm sure the're there If you find any, drop them in this topic and I'll fix them.

Any other ideas and suggestions to improve this system are welcome!

Ray
26 to 29 of 29 comments
page 2 of 2
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 18-09-2014 15:18
Because of that, I thought that 6:25 corresponded to the version longue (extended mix) of that track, not the album version (4:39).
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 14-10-2014 20:53
I'm still really confused on why my YT uploads of obscure songs aren't showing up on the in-site results, even for song searches where one of my videos is the first result that comes up on YouTube. I'm positive that I have no embedding restrictions on my videos, as they've been embeddable on other lyrics sites.

Any further word on this, Ray? You asked for a specific example of this problem, and here's a good example that I mentioned about 2 months ago on this topic, but I guess it got overlooked:

I uploaded the song "Soulin'" by Jay Ferguson on my YouTube channel since it wasn't on YouTube prior. I made it public and there are no embedding restrictions. However, when I use the in-site results, my video is not listed. This goes for all of the videos I've uploaded on my obscure music channel.
Ray
Ray | 10-12-2014 23:24
I just installed an update for the LSI YouTube API. It's now able to select videos better. What you will notice: 1) less incorrect videos on the site (by the automated system) and 2) more results in the moderator search API (no more missing videos).

Note that videos ids are cached, so it may take a couple of weeks before the entire cache has been flushed.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 11-12-2014 02:04
Sweet, my videos are showing up now! Thanks Ray
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: