LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Randomness Is The Answer #175

Follow 0
Add topic
Search
juicy1
juicy1 | 11-08-2014 16:00
Wow, 10 years and this is my first win. Woohoo!!!

Sorry for the delay on creating it, got sidetracked with work
---------------------------------------------------------

The following is a paid broadcast from Stanley...

*insert commercial jingle*

Please, people, let's not forget what the great HappyLion said when he first opened this thread back in '02...

Tired of "favorite..."s and "hate..."s?
Tired of religious wars?
Tired of disputes over words like "gay"?
Feeling random...?

Or are you just one of those people who don't make any sense anyway...?

THEN DROP BY THE RANDOMNESS, THE PLACE WHERE YOU CAN JUST GET THAT WEIRDNESS OFF YOUR MIND!

-----------------------R U L E S-------------------------

1. Posts in this thread (with this one as a possible exception...) may make no sense whatsoever!

2. Try to read all existing posts before posting a new one...

3. DO NOT USE MORE THAN 3 SMILEYS PER POST!

4. BE ORIGINAL!

5. Have fun for Christ's sake!

6. (Don't) Spam!

2,376 to 2,400 of 5,001 comments
page 96 of 201
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 22-08-2014 16:18
Sierra, I make music and I'm trying to edit them so I can put them on YouTube.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 22-08-2014 16:19
Oh yeah, I love that one, B.
juicy1
juicy1 | 22-08-2014 16:23
I'm trying to figure out the name of this movie so I can find it and watch it.

It's a SciFi film and it's about a guy who is trying to solve the murder of his friend (older guy). He has these blank spots in his memory that he can't account for. To figure out the murderer, he puts on a headset and goes into an artificial world that they created to see if he can find out what happened. In this world, all the AI behave as normal people and don't know that their lives are just a program. Theres a woman that helps him along the way. Eventually she tells him that the world he lives in was created by her and her company and the characters are all based on them. Her husband is the killer and the reason he has blank spots is because it is her husband connecting to the world and taking over him. The minds are swapped when this happens so when her husband takes his mind, he takes her husbands but he is kept asleep so he never knows what happens. Eventually the husband figures out the wife is having an affair with the created version of him and logs in to try and kill her but a cop kills him which wakes him up in her world. They live happily ever after and all that crap.

I know that was a jumble of thoughts, sorry.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 22-08-2014 16:24
She asked me one more time!
indiechick_
indiechick_ | 22-08-2014 16:28
at first i thought vanilla sky, but that's not it.

let me think. i feel like i've watched that
Joeyy
Joeyy | 22-08-2014 16:29
Hm. I can't think of anything, but I'll ask a friend who's very big on her Sci-Fi films/books/comics.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 22-08-2014 16:31
Hope Sierra doesn't forget.
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 22-08-2014 16:36
I haven't had luck finding the movie, but I kinda want to watch Johnny Mnemonic now.

Also probably not what you are looking for, but after reading the plot for this, I think I wanna see it now.
juicy1
juicy1 | 22-08-2014 16:49
I have that movie Jen, it's really good.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 22-08-2014 16:51
Apologies Joey...

I'm woefully not aware (how can I be?) of everyone's individual lives, past history and reactions...

All I see is a small window (screen) with words transporting me into your lives---from which I either sit back and passively watch like a movie... or take a chance... take a flying leap of faith and using my own Psychology studies and connections (I did not realize you studied that exact topic for one year, you have me beat!) to try and help others...

Like you I visit forums to try to help others in need... I do answer computer questions where I know the answers or other general questions at several other sites... they vote on "best answer" and modestly I get pretty good ratings....

But I have no ego to feed and support... I am here to learn new things from interacting with new people, maybe ones who ordinarily I would never have met..

Again the mention of your being unwell when younger... my apologies for not knowing any more than passing references and being more appropriately sympathetic in response to everything----having a poor memory helps too when trying to keep tabs on lots of new people (hence my several cheat sheets for names by computer screen)

Its ok not to read the references or links.. I merely provide them to not seem like I'm using what are termed: weasel word (also, anonymous authority) when making broad statements here...

Not that anyone is reading my stuff with the eye to catch things.... but I can't sleep at night if I'm putting things on the web that are untrue or made up... so I think.... (whereby I prefer these slower forums where I can think before I respond) to faster chat places where someone is sitting there wondering why there is a blank screen for 15 minutes while I compose my thoughts..

Maybe that helps to explain my seeing things and analyzing them from my viewpoints in life . But then again all this maybe just confuses you and others here...

Let me know.... In the parlance of the site's name: "sing" out!
Practice.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 22-08-2014 16:55
Joe, try this site:
ask your question to them
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 22-08-2014 16:57
I don't get this. I was denied unemployment money because I haven't worked enough in the past. If that's the rule, I get it, but then why did the woman at the unemployment agency, who knew how much I'd worked, tell me I could get it? Shouldn't she know?
Joeyy
Joeyy | 22-08-2014 17:03
No problem, Practice. It's just always best to try not to make assumptions about people when you don't have the full story. It's great that you help people with their computer problems and are obviously successful at that.

*Feeds Lisa a KitKat* That is strange. Is there someone you can talk to for an explanation? The chance of an appeal?
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 22-08-2014 17:13
Thank you. I'm gonna contact the employment agency and ask, but I don't think I can appeal. They sent a sheet with the requirements and it is clear I don't meet them. I'll have to get the other kind of benefits, the ones for people who can't work and stuff.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 22-08-2014 17:14
Joe, what about this one?

I'm not sure the story fits, but has some of the elements you mentioned
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 22-08-2014 17:17
Finished editing the first song!
juicy1
juicy1 | 22-08-2014 17:26
Thanks Sarah, that movie looks cool but it wasn't what I was looking for. One of the guys at work knew it, it's The Thirteenth Floor
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 22-08-2014 17:46
Ah, I kinda remember The Thirteenth Floor, now.

I do love Frequency! Well, I pretty much like anything with Jim Caviezel in it.
juicy1
juicy1 | 22-08-2014 17:50
I do love Frequency! Well, I pretty much like anything with Jim Caviezel in it.

How great is the Count of Monte Cristo? Love that movie
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 22-08-2014 17:51
Gotta find food.
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 22-08-2014 17:57
Haha, I really did like the movie, despite the fact I didn't like the ending. The Count of Monte Cristo is my most favorite book, ever, so I was a harsh critic when it came to the movie. But I still like the movie too, and Caviezel was a fantastic Edmond Dantes.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 22-08-2014 18:25
I found food, and now I'm a fatass.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 22-08-2014 18:48
Won't you fail to qualify for those also?

Oh, it was a politics round in the final today. I said Nick Brown...it was pointless.
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 22-08-2014 18:53
I think Jim Caviezel is great in Frequency, The Count of Monte Cristo, and Person of Interest!
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 22-08-2014 18:58
Haven't had a bloody nose yet!
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: