LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Songs That Need To Be Removed

Follow 1
Add topic
Search
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 05-08-2014 13:01
I'm starting to come across more and more duplicate songs that need to be deleted - but I can't do anything about some of them, namely duplicate songs by artists that already have moderators. I'll use this thread to list dupe songs I can't delete myself, as I can't find any already-existing threads used for this purpose.

*Update*
If you notice a song or album that you think should be removed from the site, please privately message only one of the following content editors: Joeyy, Olivia_Ka, or PinkFloyd. Please give a reason why you believe it should be removed. Most common reasons are either the song is a fake or it's a duplicate.

In case of a fake, try to provide another source as proof.

In case of a duplicate, keep the song/album with the most:
- valued history (oldest)
- LSI rank
- chart rank
- copyright/composing credits
- comments/ratings

Being linked to an album does not matter, relinking is simple. It may be up to you, the moderator, to check the duplicates and make your best judgement, don't just delete whatever someone sends you.

Thanks
76 to 100 of 165 comments
page 4 of 7
juicy1
juicy1 | 17-09-2014 02:14
Celine, you ask questions, but you don't really want answers. You just want everybody to agree with you and when they don't you throw a tantrum. So now, people mostly ignore your questions.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 17-09-2014 02:23
You just want everybody to agree with you

No, I really want answers to the 2 questions at the bottom of the previous page!
So now, people mostly ignore your questions.

Mea maxima culpa!
Joeyy
Joeyy | 17-09-2014 02:30
I didn't understand your questions and therefore can't answer them, I'm sorry, but I'm sure someone else will if they understand. They seem on-topic, at least. As for the rest, please no more argumentative off-topic posts (that goes for everyone), otherwise, as Sarah stated, cards will be issued.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 17-09-2014 02:31
Wait a minute! I'm feeling better, so don't leave!
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 17-09-2014 10:48
I feel bad for Nicholas because he didn't make its thread just so someone could come here and moan about every little thing.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 17-09-2014 10:50
Nor did I expect an argument to derail my thread for a page and a half. But we should probably stop adding to this.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 17-09-2014 10:51
Yes I agree. Sierra made a great point that we are lost likely just adding fuel to the fire. It's done and over with now.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 17-09-2014 12:45
Jeff, you need to stop ignoring my comments. I know how much you love to contribute to every single subject, whether a matter has already been concluded or it has nothing to do with you, but I've told you as a moderator to stop more than once now. Do not make me have to say it again. Don't post any more here unless it's directly related to the removal of songs.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 17-09-2014 13:50
Joey's statement applies to everyone. Continue this thread only with songs that need to be removed.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 17-09-2014 17:16
* offtopic :
Oh well, girls, you seem to know your subject very well. I'm a bad artist mod if I can't determine etc. etc. Congratulations Jen, if you know which versions are duets and which ones are solos, you must really be a better artist mod than I am. No kidding. Has anyone of you met in person/sent a mail to any artists you mod? I haven't.

Sierra, you haven't answered my question yet - did you leave the forum mod crew in July, because of the "Begin Again" mistake I did on July 18? A PM if this is the case, no PM if it isn't. Well, you said there were a lot of duplicate songs on this site, but what should I do with them instead of deleting them?

Yesterday, I've been arrested by the LSI police (must be you, Sarah). Now that I'm feeling much better, what has gone from my profile anyway? Artist mods can edit songs/albums but not remove them. The right of removing songs or editing songs? I'd like to edit, not to remove, please, please, please, please!

Link building for album/song comments looked useful to me. I already miss the "lookup and insert tag" for the artists/songs/albums, for the "album/song comments" section. Now, I just have to open another tab and check who is the right artist... Is it clear?

Really, removing songs or albums is a waste. They should be re-used for artists that don't have any yet instead of... Oh well, get it!
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 17-09-2014 19:35
Wait a minute, wrong category? But that is the "artist moderating" section, so don't get me wrong.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 17-09-2014 19:37
Please, indicate me the right category and we'll keep talking 'bout that over there.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 17-09-2014 19:37
Oh my.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 17-09-2014 19:38
And sorry Joeyy.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 17-09-2014 19:50
* offtopic :
Celine, you were carded for wrong category because we've asked you repeatedly to stop causing all of this drama on the forum. If you need to speak to a moderator, private message one of them. Stop posting these complaint replies all over the forum where they don't belong.

And Jeff, you've been told before to stay out of it. Stop adding posts just to boost your count and add fuel to the fire or you'll start getting cards too.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 17-09-2014 19:52
* offtopic :
I've forgotten about my count now. But will do. I don't really want anymore of them. This is my last post on this topic and will only post if it will help the thread.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 17-09-2014 20:00
* offtopic :
Sarah, you are not the one who carded me, it's either Joey or Sierra but not you.

Ah, the right category is "complain corner", so I'm heading off.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 17-09-2014 21:07
* offtopic :
Too sad I can't edit my post anymore and I've been carded while I complained about the slow connection on my comp. Really, none of you should have given it! I'm so afraid of Sarah, for sure.

OK, now that I see that I've been carded for "wrong category" and now I've moved my message to the complain corner, can I go back to artist moderating, please? I'm ready for this task again.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 17-09-2014 21:11
* offtopic :
Celine, you have not been removed as an artist moderator. All of your abilities for moderating artists are the same. You just can no longer edit posts on the forum or card posts. If you have any other questions about that you can private message myself or another moderator. Stop posting it here.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 17-09-2014 21:21
All of your abilities for moderating artists are the same.
* offtopic :
In that case, I can still add/edit songs or albums (that is great as a "super artist mod"), but not removing them anymore, OK.

Sarah, I said I wouldn't talk to you anymore, you can't tell "arrête avec ça maintenant" because I just can't stop!
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 18-09-2014 15:09
Who is the right performer of Not Giving Up On Love? I've always thought it was Sophie Ellis-Bextor. So it should be listed as "Sophioe Ellis-Bextor with Armin Van Buuren", right? Let's all do like this : list the singer first, then the composer. Because I hate the "feat." thing when the singer is listed at the end (since that "Borgore feat. Miley" affair). Does Borgore sing with Miley too on the track Decisions or is he just improperly listed as the composer?
Because Armin doesn't sing on Not Giving Up On Love, I'm sure it's Ellis-Bextor who does all the vocal work on it.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 18-09-2014 15:10
For the track "Sometimes", I remember I added it first to Amanda Wilson, but who moved it to Dim Chris? It's an Amanda Wilson track at first!

Shame!
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 18-09-2014 15:13
Ah sorry, it was added by Aisha as 'requested lyrics'... But I added the lyrics then.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 19-09-2014 20:05
The Righteous Brothers - "You've Lost That Loving Feeling". Already in the database as its correct title, "You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'".
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 19-09-2014 20:48
The Righteous Brothers - "Give It to the People [Original Version]" (Already in database without [Original Version])
The Righteous Brothers - "Somethings Got a Hold On Me" (Already in database as "Something's Got a Hold On Me")
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: