LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Songs That Need To Be Removed

Follow 1
Add topic
Search
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 05-08-2014 13:01
I'm starting to come across more and more duplicate songs that need to be deleted - but I can't do anything about some of them, namely duplicate songs by artists that already have moderators. I'll use this thread to list dupe songs I can't delete myself, as I can't find any already-existing threads used for this purpose.

*Update*
If you notice a song or album that you think should be removed from the site, please privately message only one of the following content editors: Joeyy, Olivia_Ka, or PinkFloyd. Please give a reason why you believe it should be removed. Most common reasons are either the song is a fake or it's a duplicate.

In case of a fake, try to provide another source as proof.

In case of a duplicate, keep the song/album with the most:
- valued history (oldest)
- LSI rank
- chart rank
- copyright/composing credits
- comments/ratings

Being linked to an album does not matter, relinking is simple. It may be up to you, the moderator, to check the duplicates and make your best judgement, don't just delete whatever someone sends you.

Thanks
1 to 25 of 165 comments
page 1 of 7
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 05-08-2014 14:02
So, I deleted the first one just fine.

But with the second one. It can't be removed because "it's a popular song". The reason why it actually can't be removed is because there's writing/copyright credits at the bottom. The song 'Hold On' written by Rob Parissi is by the group Wild Cherry (I guess?), so I just transferred it to that band.

This is not the thread to bring this up in but I'd like to mention that I dislike that I as a Super mod can't remove "popular" songs.

Anyway, I like this thread and I'd like others to be able to use it, so I'm going to sticky it so it will always remain at the top of the Artist Moderators category.
I also did that with your other thread too. Good job.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 05-08-2014 14:30
The thing with "Hold On" is, yes, it is a Wild Cherry song, but I actually moved it to Eddie Money's page because it has the wrong lyrics, and has lyrics for his song "Baby Hold On" instead. I listened to the Wild Cherry version and it is not a cover, and does not have those lyrics. I figured by moving it to Eddie Money we could at least get a song with wrong lyrics off of Wild Cherry's page and to Eddie Money's. If you can't delete it, could you at least move it back to Eddie Money? I figure having a dupe song with correct lyrics is better than having a song with wrong lyrics.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 05-08-2014 14:31
Oh, and thanks for stickying my threads, by the way - I'm really shocked
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 05-08-2014 14:39
Isn't this kind of the same as Moderation Repetition?
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 05-08-2014 14:40
Not really.

Also PinkFloyd, actually, don't move that Wild Cherry song back yet. I'm going to see if I can try transcribing the real song myself. If I can't, then I'll move it back to Eddie Money.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 05-08-2014 14:41
I mean it kind of is just because we're removing songs, but I like the way you think!
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 05-08-2014 14:47
Alright yeah, I just moved the song myself, as there's parts in the song I'm having difficulties transcribing. Is it possible to redirect the song to "Baby Hold On", though? That would solve problems, I'd imagine.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 05-08-2014 14:48
Oh I see now.

Carry on.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 05-08-2014 14:49
I was actually talking to PinkFloyd
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 05-08-2014 14:50
Lol but now I see.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 05-08-2014 15:10
Moderation Repetition is about wrong or duplicate artists, Jeff. This is clearly not that as the title is very different. Here, this is for you.

Anyway, I'm going to move it back to Wild Cherry. Because the writing credits and the music video are both of Wild Cherry. So in this case if you don't know the lyrics. You just select the "lyrics not yet available on LetsSingIt, submit the lyrics here" option for now. And eventually someone will come along and be able to transcribe them.

Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 05-08-2014 15:13
I see now Sierra, thanks!
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 05-08-2014 16:26
Foster The People!!!!! That is all, I don't have anything else to contribute.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 05-08-2014 16:39
It can't be removed because "it's a popular song". The reason why it actually can't be removed is because there's writing/copyright credits at the bottom. This is not the thread to bring this up in but I'd like to mention that I dislike that I as a Super mod can't remove "popular" songs.
Right, Sierra, I am facing this sort of problem too and I was going to say the same!
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 05-08-2014 21:31
Anyway, I'm going to move it back to Wild Cherry. Because the writing credits and the music video are both of Wild Cherry. So in this case if you don't know the lyrics. You just select the "lyrics not yet available on LetsSingIt, submit the lyrics here" option for now. And eventually someone will come along and be able to transcribe them.

Derp, why didn't I think of that? I could have done that myself...silly me. I'll remember that in the future if there's ever wrong lyrics again. Thanks.

Foster The People!!!!! That is all, I don't have anything else to contribute.

A fellow FTP fan, eh? I've been a big fan of theirs for years now, in fact, I just submitted corrections for their entire debut album based on the lyrics booklet and my transcription.
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 06-08-2014 03:43
Nice! Do you like Torches or Supermodel better? I'd like to see them when they come to Phoenix at the end of September, but am still looking for someone to go with...
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 06-08-2014 04:02
Hah, I can't really say yet, actually - I haven't listened to all of Supermodel yet, as I like to take my albums slowly You're actually planning on seeing them live, though? That's amazing! I've always wanted to see them live...

What would you say is your favorite song by them? I can't pick just one, but I like "Miss You", "Waste", and "Chin Music for the Unsuspecting Hero" a lot. "Coming of Age" is really good, too.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 06-08-2014 11:16
I have the same problem. The song "Almost Here" by Delta Goodrem and Brian McFadden is present 3 times in the former's artist map.
1. Almost Here (duet with Brian McFadden) (right)
2. Almost Here (wrong)
3. Almost Here (wrong)

Before I used the "transfer" function, there were 2 songs in Delta's map (one of them with the mention "duet" in the artist line) and one in Brian's map. This is the same song in both albums (Mistaken Identity and Irish Son, respectively). I've checked first and the duet appears on both albums. But you know, for a duet, I prefer one song (with the mention "duet with" in the artist line) and not twice, as one for each artist.

There were comments on first and second only. I kept the correct one (the first) and deleted all the lyrics and comments on the second and third, but I can't remove both, it says this is a popular song and therefore cannot be removed. There isn't any number in LSI ranks below. What happened?

Finally, after having noticed the same song 3 times, here's my question : did Delta and Brian record each one solo versions of the same song (one for each album), or did they record the duet first (the duet on both albums)?
* offtopic :
Yes, sometimes it happens. Both record the same song (2 solo versions), then do it again as a duet.
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 06-08-2014 16:03
I haven't heard "Chin Music" before, is it a bonus track? The other three tracks you mentioned are good, I guess I'll add on "Call It What You Want", "Houdini", "Warrant", and "Best Friend".
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 06-08-2014 16:21
Yeah, it is. It's a bonus track from Torches. Here it is if you wanna check it out.

And yeah, those 4 are pretty great too (to be honest, I love all of the songs I've heard of theirs) but I've played "Houdini" so much I've kinda burned out on it haha.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 06-08-2014 16:21
It's weird that you can't remove this song, Celine. I don't see anything special about it. No comments. It has no LSI rank and it has no place in any of the charts. It does have a rating, but I've deleted songs with ratings before just fine. *shrugs*
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 07-08-2014 17:26
Taco - "Taco Lovers". This song is fake - I checked.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 07-08-2014 21:03
Why is angel___ the mod of that band?
Joeyy
Joeyy | 07-08-2014 21:05
* offtopic :
Because she goes through the list of un-moderated artists and mods anyone.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 07-08-2014 21:37
Makes sense.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: