LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Late 80s - 90s alternative rock/pop rock

Follow 1
Add topic
Search
TechNedly
TechNedly | 30-07-2014 18:58
First off, new to the forum and I have never done this before. Second, I am a big music fan of all genres, have a collection of 12k + digital songs, albums and box sets as well as hundreds of vinyl records, cassettes, 8-tracks and cd's.

I heard a song on the radio the other day that I once knew of in the 90s, and possibly was from then or late 80s. It sounds so much like The calling, kinda like Where ever you will go, so much so I am bummed to find it is not them. I have been searching for weeks.

Short description: I have no lyrics except that it was relationship related with a rock tone. So it was not sappy, sorta like Creed. I think it started with an electric guitar, slightly slow. In the beginning there was a line "something" - "love" - "something", that is all I remember.

These are bands that are close but are not it:

Alex Band
Lifehouse
Vertical Horizon - very comparable to the song I am searching for
Howie Day
Goo Goo Dolls
Dishwalla
Five For Fighting
Matchbox Twenty
Daughtry
Nine Days
Rob Thomas
3 Doors Down
Creed
Tonic

The song sounds very much like The Calling, Default, Daughtry....
The singer of the song had a deeper voice like creed or something.
Sometimes I want to lean towards something like Default, who sounded all too much like them, or maybe some soft song pulled out by Cold, maybe Tantric, where it had a rock effect but was a little easy. No screamo, and it started slow.

Any suggestions? I am interested in anything, even if it is just artists I could check out.....
26 to 27 of 27 comments
page 2 of 2
TechNedly
TechNedly | 15-09-2014 15:28
Well I am glad I could at least spawn some nostalgic music suggestions! They are all very close, but not the song I am looking for. As for as "have a googled one hit wonders", I have googled everything and ramped through the radio stations collections for months now. Still NO LUCK. I am like wtf? It is so close to them, Seether would be close but the singer had a slightly smoother voice. I can't help but go back to the fact it sounds way to much like "Where Ever You Will Go" by The Calling.
TechNedly
TechNedly | 15-09-2014 15:30
Whats even worse is I have listened for it on the radios and it has not played once...It was a rare moment to even hear it when I did...
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: