LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

MCSMeister's Song Help Thread

Follow 1
Add topic
Search
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 30-07-2014 02:01
The song I need help with is "Sitting on a Star" by Strawberry Alarm Clock - I've been slowly working on their lyrics for the past few months, and this is one of several so far that has stumped me. I can understand the majority of the lyrics being sung, but the second line I can't understand for the life of me:

Glittering silver of solitude
In the darkest risk/whisk of ????

It sounds like a nonsense word, something like "Luperpull" or "Luperkull". If anyone has any idea what the word or phrase could be, that would be greatly appreciated. (I may post more songs by this band in the future that I need help with, but I'm starting little right now)
1 to 25 of 121 comments
page 1 of 5
Joeyy
Joeyy | 30-07-2014 02:05
Sounds like "blue purple" to me. :s *Listens again*
Joeyy
Joeyy | 30-07-2014 02:06
Hm, but there's a "d" sound on the end. A place name, maybe?
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 30-07-2014 02:08
Hm, I don't hear a "d" sound. It does sound like "blue purple", but that doesn't make sense with the rest of the line (In the darkest risk of blue purple...what?)
CarlJ
CarlJ | 30-07-2014 03:14
to me it kinda sounds like blooper pull.....
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 30-07-2014 04:05
Yeah, none of this is making sense with the rest of the line...heh, Strawberry Alarm Clock have always had elusive lyrics, and while I don't own any of their LPs, from my research it seems that their last album is the only one with a lyrics booklet. It's rather frustrating.

I'll post another song I need help with here later, but I should head to bed now.
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 30-07-2014 06:27
I also think it's "blue purple" - might have a color theme going on in the lyrics, since the first line has "silver".
tequizasunrise
tequizasunrise | 30-07-2014 08:25
In the darkest whisk of blue purple

that's what I'm hearing too. Not too weird for psychedelic lyrics
I'm more curious into what he's singing later on....

cloves of Beethoven? what???
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 30-07-2014 15:20
that's what I'm hearing too. Not too weird for psychedelic lyrics
I'm more curious into what he's singing later on....

cloves of Beethoven? what???

Oh, in the chorus? He's saying "clothes of laced velvet". I found a snippet of the lyrics on this Strawberry Alarm Clock fansite, and that's included.

There is some other stuff later on I can't understand, though. Such as, at 0:55, it sounds something like "Not just five, but a circle of poise/coins / Extending tranversely ??????".
Joeyy
Joeyy | 30-07-2014 17:00
Extending transversely...from their cord? :s Or "core", maybe, but again I'm hearing that "d" sound, haha.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 30-07-2014 17:03
Oh yeah, it definitely sounds like "from their cord" or "from their core". This is progress!

How about the line before it? "Not just five, but a circle of poise"? I'm not entirely sure if that last word is "coins" or "poise", or if the word "five" is even that at all.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 02-08-2014 18:26
Well, since everyone's seem to give up on that song, I'll post another song from the same band that I'm having trouble with. However, there's only 6 lines of lyrics in this song, and I'm having trouble understanding only one of those lines, so if someone can decipher this, that would be extremely helpful.

Here is the song, and this is what I have transcribed for it:

Step outside, walk down the street
And if there's something in your shoe
????? (Take it out, and look at all/orb?)
But don't be surprised if it talks to you

And if it dies, you'll hear the cries
And know the meaning of black butter
Joeyy
Joeyy | 03-08-2014 00:06
Funnily enough I've had the first link open all evening, but was distracted by something else. Unfortunately what you have is all I can hear for the "Not just five..." line.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 03-08-2014 00:07
Ah, okay. Like I said, I'll just come back to that one, as I've found songs that don't have as many indecipherable parts. What do you think about the line for the song I've linked above?
Joeyy
Joeyy | 03-08-2014 00:07
And if there's something in your shoe
Take it out and look it over

Perhaps?
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 03-08-2014 00:09
That sounds like it could be it! I think you might have it I'll submit these now.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 03-08-2014 00:10
Oh also, if it's not too much trouble, I'll keep using this topic for further songs I'm having difficulty transcribing, to save forum space.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 03-08-2014 00:16
You're welcome. The amount of lyrics I've had to try and work out over the years - I did try telling you. It doesn't matter how popular an artists is: incorrect lyrics spread like wildfire once someone mishears something, and people don't even realise a lot of the time because lyrics are copied and pasted from one site to the next just to get them on or because the website automatically takes them from elsewhere. That's why official lyrics booklets and websites are golden, and why we treasure members such as yourself.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 03-08-2014 00:22
Thank you so much! Lyrics - either typing from a lyrics booklet or transcribing by ear - are always something I've enjoyed, ever since I was little. Correct lyrics are always key in understanding a song as well. That's also a reason why I don't submit lyrics if I can't fully understand a line - who wants to see lyrics with question marks or dots all over them? I have seen those many times, unfortunately...

This community seems really helpful, so I'll probably be using this topic on a regular basis for clarifying lines in songs. I think I'm going to try the last song in the Black Butter trilogy, "Black Butter, Past", as that's the only one currently that I haven't transcribed out of the three. "Present" already has lyrics on the web (not by my transcription - someone else submitted them), and now "Future" does thanks to you. I'll see if I can transcribe "Past" now.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 03-08-2014 00:29
Awesome.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 03-08-2014 00:34
Alright, I just did what I could - again, not too many lines in this song either, and I found a considerable chunk of it here. Anyways, here's the song, and here's what I got:

I remember nights alone
When streetlights' glow would fill the room
Figures beat a native drum
And played a song ??? (or tell them to?)

Sing a song, try not to utter
When the night got ____ (say/saved?)
Black butter, ooh

Look around the room you're in
And pick out something you really need
Take it in your hands and touch it
If you strike it, will it bleed?

And if it dies you'll hear the cries
And know the meaning of black butter
Ooh

Hopefully we can finish this trilogy of songs up
Joeyy
Joeyy | 03-08-2014 00:43
Sing a song, try not to utter
Words at night that say
Black butter, oo!

I'm not sure about the first one, sorry, but I'd say it's this for the second.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 03-08-2014 00:48
Yeah, that seems to be the second one. We can always wait for other peoples' input on the first one, though. If no one comments, I can just move on to another song. You're helping my transcription project nonetheless even if you don't get everything
tequizasunrise
tequizasunrise | 03-08-2014 21:02
here's what I have for the first one:

In the darkest whisk of blue purple
Just the enchantment of fulfilling your wish
The wish you made to be there

Just sitting on a star
With clothes of laced velvet
And a clear mind to think

Not just five but a circle of points
Extending transversely of their core
Giving the glisten to your hair and eyes
That show your anguish to be there

Just sitting on a star
And you think who you are

Sunday nights can't be all that they seem
When you get there you'll know what I mean

When you've reached it you can find peace and truth
Two things so hard to find here
Making your life so worth living to the end
Live on a throne now that you're there

Just sitting on a star
And you think where you are
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 03-08-2014 22:11
Oh wow! I didn't think anyone would be willing to type out the entire song! Thanks a bunch! I just proofread your transcription - looks as accurate as can be. I'll submit these, and I'll post another song for help deciphering later.

What bothers me about this band is, like I said, only their final album has a lyrics sheet, and their other three albums don't - my friend BetaMaster64 (who also has an account here, and is also a fan of this band) has tried to contact the official SAC site to ask them if they could make a lyrics section on their website - no response. I tried to contact that UnwindwithSAC fansite for the same thing - also no response. So, I guess our best bet is to just transcribe these the best that we can.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 03-08-2014 22:24
Alright, the only other song I have left on this album to transcribe (aside from "Black Butter, Past") is "Nightmare of Percussion". And hoo boy...this one's a doozy. I highly doubt anyone here will be able to fully transcribe these missing parts, but never say never I guess Here is the song, and here's what I got:

????? (My senses move on there?)
Sounds in my ears
My mind's exploding with every sound
Heeding percussion
Vibrations increasing
Bringing on tears
Afraid, I ran to the population of noise

Screaming and gelling with a (sprint run completion?)
???? (And thought of the cold?)
You can't win or lose, there's no more to choose
????? boys (Said by the wrong end boys?)

Don't worry about dying
You were meant not to live
Or the girl you once loved and hurt
Is floating undone
Her real name is Sunnik (Sinick?)
My goddess of infinite love
Thus, I mutated your ears to do not a thing
But slowly torture you with the world of sounds
Being nothing but percussion
Percussion
Percussion
Percussion
Percussion
Percussion
Percussion
Percussion
Percussion

----------------
The narrative part at the end was relatively easy to understand, but the rest of it needs some tweaking.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: