LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

MCSMeister's Song Help Thread

Follow 1
Add topic
Search
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 30-07-2014 02:01
The song I need help with is "Sitting on a Star" by Strawberry Alarm Clock - I've been slowly working on their lyrics for the past few months, and this is one of several so far that has stumped me. I can understand the majority of the lyrics being sung, but the second line I can't understand for the life of me:

Glittering silver of solitude
In the darkest risk/whisk of ????

It sounds like a nonsense word, something like "Luperpull" or "Luperkull". If anyone has any idea what the word or phrase could be, that would be greatly appreciated. (I may post more songs by this band in the future that I need help with, but I'm starting little right now)
51 to 75 of 121 comments
page 3 of 5
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 11-08-2014 01:02
Wow! Amazing how you got all of that...even though "in thought of the quote" didn't really make sense at first, it makes sense when you consider the line after that is a quote "said by the long-haired boys". Amazing, and here I was thinking I'd never finish this song. For the name, I think I'll just put Sinick. It sounds like a strange name but it's the best I can think of.

Also, what do you think of the "My goddess of infinite love" line? When I first listened to it I thought it was "My god, it's an infinite love", but a friend later suggested that it was "goddess".

I'm really glad I joined this place - you're such a big help I'll post another song tonight or tomorrow, probably.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 11-08-2014 01:09
I'm glad you joined, too. Your passion for finding the right lyrics is fantastic.

"My goddess of infinite love" is what I hear/believe it to be.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 11-08-2014 01:14

By the way, where did you hear that last "percussion"? I think I hear it at 2:54, just as the song is fading out. It sounds like the narrator says it while he's sobbing, in a faint whisper almost.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 11-08-2014 01:18
Yes, right at the end in a broken voice. I counted three times to be sure.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 11-08-2014 01:43
Gotcha. Well, it seems like the entire Wake Up...It's Tomorrow album is finished, with the exception of "Black Butter, Past" which you said you had difficulties with. That being said, I'll move on to a song from their subsequent album, "Heated Love". I actually got help from the same friend on this one, but there's still a line or two we can't figure out.

----------------------------------
Heated love and summer sky
Can give us a vibrant high
When our hearts our warm and tied
We'll cling together, never die

Lazy days with things to do
Giving me time to watch over you
Your dark-light hair and eyes of blue
That's my crystal in view of you

Our love so intense with the friction of living
Knowing the spark of our life's togetherness
For if we should ever get (called/caught in a row?)
Each would be as (an/a iceberg/last word?) glowing in the wilderness

Cling together, never die

-----------------------------------------

I feel like "when our hearts are warm and tied" could be "winter hearts", and I also feel like there's a word inbetween "life's togetherness". Maybe that's just me.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 12-08-2014 02:27
We'll cling together, never die

Lazy days with things to do
Giving me time to watch over you
With (?) dark-light hair and eyes of blue
That's my crystalline view of you

Our love so intense with the friction of living
Knowing the spark of our life's togetherness
For if we should ever get cold and alone
Each would be as an iceberg, glowing in the wilderness

Cling together, never die

Less confident with this one, though I'm fairly certain it's "cold and alone", and "crystalline" would make more sense. I'm afraid I can't improve on the "When our hearts our warm and tied" line at all, sorry, but it's probably "When our hearts" given the next line. The only other word I can think of is "tight" (rather than "tied"), but I wouldn't trust that. I don't hear anything between "life's togetherness".
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 12-08-2014 02:35
Hm. I actually think it could be "when our hearts are warm and tight", actually, since if your hearts were tight you would cling together. I can see where you're getting "crystalline", but isn't the correct pronunciation of it "crystal-ine"? Then again, they pronounce "sadist" as "sah-dist" in one of their songs, so this wouldn't be completely unheard of.

"Cold and alone" definitely sounds right. The last thing I need to correct is the "with dark-light hair and eyes of blue"...they trip over that first word so fast it could either be "your" or "with". I could try slowing it down in Audacity if I ultimately can't figure it out.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 12-08-2014 02:42
I just slowed it down - it actually does sound more like "with". So with that, I think these are good for submission. Thanks again!

Will post another song whenever - I have to think of one I've been having trouble with as I've posted the main ones
Joeyy
Joeyy | 12-08-2014 02:52
Yes to the pronunciation of "crystalline", but sometimes artists do pronounce words differently or knock off an s, or something similar, to either make them fit into a song or to annoy me. Seether has one song...I can't remember which it is now, or what the word is, but for years I tried to find proof that they weren't saying what I could hear and what every lyrics site had. I gave up in the end and just accepted it as silliness in an otherwise great song. :p
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 12-08-2014 03:24
Ah, yes - I wouldn't doubt some bands alter pronunciation, either to fit a rhyming scheme or just to be weird.

Anyways, on an unrelated note (and some conversation topic before I put up a new song tomorrow) how are you liking these songs? The friend I've been continuously mentioning got me into them about half a year ago (and previously I only knew them for their hit single "Incense and Peppermints") and I'm really loving their psychedelic pieces. While you're helping me so much with lyrics, it also feels good to introduce others to new music.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 13-08-2014 01:01
I remember being pleasantly surprised by a couple of them. I can't remember which, but I'll check again and get back to you (might need to remind me; terrible memory ).
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 13-08-2014 23:15
Which songs do I need to remind you of?

Also, oh! I just remembered something - a month or two ago I typed lyrics for the album Evening Standards by The Jags from the lyrics sheet in the LP. However, there were two songs that had missing verses in the lyrics booklet for some reason. Maybe I can get help on that here. I tried to transcribe the parts myself, but without the lyrics sheet it was actually really difficult, as the singer speaks rather fast. Here's one of the two songs (I skipped to the part with the verse, at 1:32), and here's what I got:

She's so considerate, there's really nothing in it
I can't help thinkin' she's after something better
Who really wouldn't credit, she's all it when she says she is
She told me she can never ????
She made me something more, but she's ???? show

Don't worry about transcribing anything past this - like I said, the lyrics sheet had lyrics for the rest of the song, just not this part. Good luck - I'll be surprised if you can get it.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 14-08-2014 23:37
I'm sorry, I missed your last post; just came back to check out the previous songs.

She's so considerate, there's really nothing in it
I can't help thinkin' she's after something better
Who really wouldn't credit, she's all I think she said she is
She told me she's been everywhere, but how was I to know?
She may be something more, but she's not about to show
"(you know?)"?

Fairly confident again, just not about the very last part of the last line. I'm doubtful about "Who really wouldn't credit", but I can't think what else it could be (though I'd suggest "You" instead of "Who").
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 15-08-2014 01:42
Hmm. All of that seems correct, but you're right, he mumbles something at the end of that last line. It almost sounds like "who you made". I might just leave it at that since everything else in the song is correct anyways. Thanks for that one

The second song that has a missing verse in the lyrics booklet is "Single Vision/BWM". Again, I skipped you to the verse at 1:43.

Now you can ????? could define
We can share it if you're willing
Take your shield down, spread the word around
Enough for you is really killing
I don't wanna ????
Whoa oh oh
Whoa oh oh
Whoa oh oh
Joeyy
Joeyy | 15-08-2014 03:15
I'm stuck on this one, I'm afraid.

Now you can ???? (and?)
We can share it if you're willing
Take your shield down, spread the word around
My love for you is really killing
I don't want you ????
Whoa oh oh
Whoa oh oh
Whoa oh oh

I don't hear "could define" at all and I don't think it would fit. I feel like that part might be a French term. :s
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 15-08-2014 03:29
Aww. That's alright, though - I figured that one would be tricky. Thanks for the help on the other track from the album, at least. One incomplete track is better than two!

Anyways, it's late, so I'll think up another song soon. Stick around
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 21-08-2014 20:35
Alright! I thought up a song today - and it's actually a Men Without Hats song I transcribed lyrics for about 7 months ago, and there's some parts that I'm positive are wrong. Here's the song, aaaaand here's what I have. Bold parts indicate parts I'm unsure of:

Internet killed the video star

Dreams are falling, buddy, and who can see you?
Why lay in leisures formed when the world can breathe you?
My life in a world is bleeding
Oh no, it's a never-ending song of love

And telepathy killed the Internet star

Playing you in a true migrating
Minds are mold with the head lice glaring
And young hearts in a world unheeding (unyielding?)
And some are formed in an ever-lasting song of love, hate
See them changing worlds
Calling for the day when another set of illusions
From my head down to my face (in my base?)
And baby, I don't know
Seems it all
Happened so long ago

Internet killed the video star (Happened long ago)
And telepathy killed the Internet star (Very long ago)

Internet killed the video star (So long ago)
And telepathy killed the Internet star (Happened long ago)

Internet killed the video star (Very long ago)

Joeyy
Joeyy | 22-08-2014 00:37
Honestly...I've no idea. Only that it's most likely "head lights", not "head lice". Here's what I heard in my several listens, and I'm sorry I can't be of more help:

Dreams are the falling body and hope can see you
Why lay in leisures formed when the world can breathe you?
My life, in a word, is bleeding
Oh no, it's a never-ending song of love

Playing you in a true migrating
Minds are mold with the head lights glaring
And young hearts in a world unyielding
And some are born in an ever-lasting song of love, hate
See them changing worlds
Calling for the day when another set of illusions
Come and hit them in the face
And baby, I don't know
Seems it all
Happened so long ago

Internet killed the video star (Happened long ago)
And telepathy killed the Internet star (Very long ago)

Internet killed the video star (So long ago)

Joeyy
Joeyy | 22-08-2014 00:43
By the way - I have to check, because I love the song - this presumably is a sort of parody of The Buggles - Video Killed The Radio Star, did you know? If not, give it a listen.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 22-08-2014 02:19
Amazing! The only problem I made here is submitting these wrong lyrics online back when I first transcribed them -_- Lucky that LSI is one of the first results when you search for lyrics online, so I can easily correct 'em here and they'll be one of the first results. Same with LyricWiki, which is also a lyrics site I frequently use. I'll post another song from this album tomorrow night, probably, since I'm just recovering from a 2-hour power outage. There's really only another song or two I had trouble with on this album - the majority of it was easy to understand.

Also, yes - believe me, I do know my '80s hits I thought it was clever how they "updated" Video Killed the Radio Star, in a sense.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 22-08-2014 20:52
Well, I was so happy as I was posting the above post that I forgot to note the few lines you didn't correct. But like I said earlier, that is totally fine - any help you give me on these songs is appreciated, even if you can't decipher the whole thing.

Anyways, this next song from the album I'll just be posting a snippet of lyrics from - the rest of the song was perfectly easy to understand. From the first verse:

Take me to the river
Where the streets are made of gold
And the women are the ones your mother warned you, Amazons
Take me where your dreams come true and heaven's never spent
Money's in your pocket, you forgot to pay the rent
In California

Now, I really have NO idea what he says at the end of that line. When I first listened to it, I figured the line would end with something more predictable, like "the women are the ones your mother warned you all about" or something of that nature. But it literally sounds like he says "Amazons", which makes absolutely no sense.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 22-08-2014 21:00
I can't listen right now, but might it have something to do with the Amazons (...women)?
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 22-08-2014 21:12
Oh! I didn't realize that was a term for a female warrior in Greek mythology. So if that's the case that might be the right lyric after all. I was thinking Amazon as in the South American river, which obviously makes no sense here.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 24-08-2014 02:46
Alright, next song is "Hitch-Hikers' Hero" by Atlanta Rhythm Section. Only 2 songs from this album don't have lyrics online, and the other one ("Sky High") I can barely transcribe worth anything. So we'll start with this one, which is slightly easier.

You have seen him by the roadside
With his ???? stuck in a ???? (sun stuck in a wind?)
He was born ???? Woodstock (with them at Woodstock?)
He was there at ????

He's a hitch-hiker's hero
King of the highway
He has been around the world and back again

Now, the children gather 'round him
And they ask him where he's been
And they look at him with wonder
And well, they wish that they were him

He's a hitch-hiker's hero
King of the highway
And they would follow him to hell and back again

The children never see him
When the nights are dark and cold
When the cars are few ?????
????
wishes he was home

But that hitch-hiker's hero
He's gotta keep on going
Knowing not where he will be tomorrow
Hitch-hiker's hero
Gotta keep on going
Hitch-hiker's hero
Hitch-hiker's hero
Gotta keep on, gotta keep on going

Hitch-hiker's hero
King of the highway
Hitch-hiker's hero
King of the highway
He's gotta keep on, gotta keep on going

By the way, since I'm going to be using this thread on a regular basis, I was thinking this thread could be renamed something like "MCSMeister's Song Help Thread".
Joeyy
Joeyy | 24-08-2014 03:18
Eurgh...no idea on first listen, sorry, other than that it's probably "He was there at Watkins Glen".

Watkins Glen is a village in Schuyler County, New York, United States... Watkins Glen is the site of scenic Watkins Glen State Park, but is probably best known for its role in auto racing, being the home of a street course used in road racing, a famous racetrack, Watkins Glen International, and a historic race, the Watkins Glen Grand Prix. The racetrack was also the scene of the 1973 Summer Jam at Watkins Glen rock festival attended by an estimated 600,000 people. At the time, this set the world record for the largest number of people at a pop music festival...

"Watkins Glen" is what I hear, and it makes sense to mention it after mentioning Woodstock if there was also a music festival there (you can even find comparisons if you Google "Watkins Glen Woodstock").

I'll listen again after sleep and hopefully have something else for you. (Thread name changed.)
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: