LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Songs/Albums That Need Linking

Follow 1
Add topic
Search
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 30-07-2014 01:31
So, I noticed when submitting a song, instead of appearing in the album it's on, it'll instead appear in an artist's misc. section. For example, I submitted this song, but it's not a clickable option on the album page the song is from. Does it just take a while for a song to become clickable on an album or what? Thanks in advance!

*Use this thread only after all efforts to communicate with the artist moderator have been exhausted*
26 to 50 of 78 comments
page 2 of 4
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 19-09-2014 21:54
Boston - Life, Love & Hope
Boston - Corporate America

All of the unlinked tracks on both of these are submitted now.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 20-09-2014 18:54
Chunk! No, Captain Chunk! - Chunk! No, Captain Chunk!. All the tracks are submitted, but "But There Ain't No Whales, So We Tell Tall Tales and Sing a Whaling Tune" is in the database with the "and" as a &.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 21-09-2014 04:08
I can't link the songs to soundtrack albums.
Center Stage
Monkey Grip

I have added the songs first, then the albums, but the "link to song" menu appears blank, so I cannot link the songs on the albums.

An explanation, anyone?
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 28-09-2014 00:32
A problem with a song from this compilation, NRJ Hit List 2014. The track 1 from disc 1 shows a blank line, no "no link added" thing. Means that a song has been deleted or something.
* offtopic :
Some time before, I had a similar case with Lana Del Rey's "Summertime Sadness" (Remix by Cédric Gervais) but it has since been solved.

Who is the performer of the song "Dark Horse"? Is it Katy Perry? Has this song been removed by Katy Perry's mod, or has it been renamed "Darkhorse" or something else?
(Checked : both "Dark Horse" versions, solo or with Juicy J, have been added by Equines on July 10, so the previous "Dark Horse" has been deleted between June and that date.)

Sierra, by any chance (because you're a super artist mod too), were you the one who removed the 2 "Dark Horse" versions?
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 30-09-2014 20:01
Yeah, Celine, I haven't been able to link them lately, either. I have no idea why. Glad it's not just me, though.

Wang Chung - To Live and Die in L.A.

Wang Chung - Huang Chung

All of the unlinked songs on both of these are submitted.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 30-09-2014 20:13
I am just seeing your post now, Celine. Equines is the one who deletes songs of his artists. That's the reason Ray installed the "popular song" box when regular artist mods try to remove songs. He also often renames songs too. I am often correcting the song title 'California Gurls' and 'E.T.' by Katy Perry because he changes them to titles that they are not, not sure why. But I try to keep a close eye on that artist.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 30-09-2014 20:30
Sierra, do you have any idea why Celine and I aren't able to link songs on soundtracks? I've been having problems with it for weeks now.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 30-09-2014 20:37
I don't know, but I can't do it either. It's really been weeks? I just noticed it a couple days ago. Guess I don't do much work on soundtracks. Maybe Ray is working on that area. Has anyone sent him a message?
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 30-09-2014 20:40
Yeah, it's been weeks. I don't work on soundtracks often either, but the ones I've tried to work on in the past few weeks haven't worked. I would send him a message, but I already sent him a message about some typos around the site that he needs to correct. So I don't want to overwhelm him with another message until he responds to the current one.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 30-09-2014 21:09
I may have done something wrong by updating the bio for "various artists" (compilation series). I see the same songs (268) for every soundtrack/compilation I need to correct.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 30-09-2014 21:15
I am just seeing your post now, Celine. Equines is the one who deletes songs of his artists. That's the reason Ray installed the "popular song" box when regular artist mods try to remove songs.

But I try to keep a close eye on that artist.
Sierra : great, your answer convinced me. I'm sure Equines did the same by deleting Rihanna's "Disturbia", when I saw that all the comments (put around 2008/2009) were removed at once. I remember I had to link that song again to albums too.

Any artist mod should notice the comments below a song and if so, do not remove it.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 30-09-2014 21:15
Please leave Various Artist alone, especially bio. It should always read, "This artist is used as a placeholder entry and does not link to any artist." We do not want a mod for it either.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 30-09-2014 21:17
I guess I will message Ray about soundtracks. I didn't notice that all soundtracks have the same 268 songs.

When you actually click on the 268 song link the correct songs come up though.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 30-09-2014 23:00
Alright. Let us know his response.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 01-10-2014 00:08
Please leave Various Artist alone, especially bio. It should always read, "This artist is used as a placeholder entry and does not link to any artist." We do not want a mod for it either.
But I'm not a mod for Various Artists, I put that without using the "sign up" button!
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 01-10-2014 00:09
"This artist is used as a placeholder entry and does not link to any artist."

Sierra, that was me who put that phrase.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 01-10-2014 17:54
At last this problem has been fixed!
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 01-10-2014 19:40
Yup, it seems like we can edit soundtracks now. If this was Ray's doing, thanks a bunch
Joeyy
Joeyy | 01-10-2014 19:46
He doesn't always respond, or he can be slow to do so, but he fixes problems regardless, so it's worth messaging him if there's a glitch in the site.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 01-10-2014 19:55
The proper title to a message always helps to insure he will respond quickly. My friends around here know all about my great message titles.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 07-10-2014 10:32
Earth, Wind & Fire - Now, Then & Forever. All songs except "Splashes" have pages.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 14-11-2014 21:21
And this one as well:

Men Without Hats - Sideways
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 14-11-2014 21:35
Men Without Hats - Love in the Age of War
Tommy Tutone - Tommy Tutone 2 (only "867-5309/Jenny" has a page from this album)
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 14-11-2014 21:36
Oh, on Love in the Age of War, "This War (Intro)" is currently in the archive without the parentheses, but I just submitted a correction for the album.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: