LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Problem submitting a song with a long title

Follow 1
Add topic
Search
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 30-07-2014 01:20
Hello everyone. I just joined this place and have been submitting lyrics for the artist Jay Ferguson. However, I tried submitting lyrics for a song of his called "Let's Spend The Night Together/Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby, Standing In The Shadow?", which is a medley of two Rolling Stones songs, and it didn't fit in the song box. I've tried submitting the lyrics to it on other sites but the title is just too long. What should I do?
1 to 25 of 37 comments
page 1 of 2
Joeyy
Joeyy | 30-07-2014 01:23
Hm, that's a shame. Maybe just have 'Let's Spend the Night Together' as the title and make a note of the full title at the top of the lyrics box or in the comments below?
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 30-07-2014 01:24
That's very odd.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 30-07-2014 01:43
Hm, that's a shame. Maybe just have 'Let's Spend the Night Together' as the title and make a note of the full title at the top of the lyrics box or in the comments below?

I might have to do that. It seems more logical to put it in the comments section, though, as I don't want people mistaking the full title as part of the song lyrics.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 30-07-2014 01:46
Haha, good thinking. I add a line underneath to make it more obvious (for example, Alanis Morissette - Dear Prudence).
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 30-07-2014 01:48
This is a cover of a song by The Beatles.

What did you say, Joey?

"Dear Prudence (This Is A Cover Of The Song By The Beatles)"... Didn't know there was a subtitle for Alanis' version.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 30-07-2014 01:49
That isn't how I wrote the line, but I don't understand what you're asking, sorry. Are you just saying you didn't know it was a cover?
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 30-07-2014 01:55
Are you just saying you didn't know it was a cover?

That's not what I am.

"Dear Prudence (This Is A Cover Of The Song By The Beatles)"... I said that : the name below brackets should be classified as a subtitle, like "Here I Am (Come And Take Me)".
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 30-07-2014 01:57
I've never seen a song that puts that in the title. It's always just given in the writing credits.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 30-07-2014 01:59
Yeah, I think that's subjective and I'd rather not.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 30-07-2014 02:00
Here I Am (Come And Take Me)
Mama Do (Uh Oh, Uh Oh)

It's easy! But I'm afraid this is not what you're talking about, so I'm leaving this thread.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 30-07-2014 02:02
Those names are part of the title though. So you are suggesting adding .. "Dear Prudence (The Beatles Cover)" ? If so, those are two different things.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 30-07-2014 02:04
Those names are part of the title though.

That's it, just a subtitle!

Not the indication "(that's a cover)" because I don't do that sort of thing with covers! Oh well...

*Slams the door*
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 14-08-2014 21:48
Looks like I'm running into this problem again - big time - as I just submitted a metal band named Paracoccidioidomicosisproctitissarcomucosis. The majority of their song names are longer than the band name, and while I was able to create their two albums, a lot of the track names got cut off. I'm not sure what to do in this case since I can't exactly shorten it as I did with the Jay Ferguson song.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 14-08-2014 21:50
Are the long song names run-on titles also?
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 14-08-2014 21:52
NSFW

Well, take a look here for the full track names. The majority of them do have long run-on words in the track names, and I know a lot of the songs won't fit on here. Also, considering the fact that album pages can list longer track names than can actually be submitted, this makes the situation worse.

NSFW
* offtopic :
Mod edit.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 14-08-2014 21:59
Oh, by the way, just some discretion - the link above shows their two album covers, which are really grotesque, so just try not to pay attention to those. It's a metal band so what can you do
Joeyy
Joeyy | 14-08-2014 22:00
Yep, I just edited your post, but thank you for that additional information.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 14-08-2014 22:01
No prob. Just wanted to add that in because I was worried I might be breaking a rule.

Anyways, what should I do about the track names?
Joeyy
Joeyy | 14-08-2014 22:05
Honestly, I don't have a solution. Maybe Sierra or someone else will. All I can suggest for now is to only put the first word of the titles, unless even they don't fit, and an explanation at the start of the songs or in the comments section. Have you messaged our webmaster Ray about this? I can do it if you'd prefer, otherwise do let him know (bearing in mind how busy he is - he might not get back to you for a while).
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 14-08-2014 22:08
I'll have to see what Sierra (or other users) have to suggest, then. Also, I actually already have a PM I sent to Ray that I'm waiting on a response for (on a different matter), so it would probably be better if you contacted him, because I don't want to add to the load by sending him a second message.

Anyways, while I wait for help, I'll submit the few shorter song titles that they have.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 14-08-2014 22:19
Alright, I was able to submit 7 of their 11 findable lyrics online - if the mods need this information, I couldn't submit tracks 1, 3, 4, and 8 on this album due to the title length. Track 5 doesn't have lyrics online yet.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 14-08-2014 22:26
I'm going to experiment a little, so don't mind if you see some weird things on that artists page.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 14-08-2014 22:28
No problem. See what you can do.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 14-08-2014 22:33
Let us know the outcomes.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 14-08-2014 22:43
I don't know. I got two of them to work, but the other ones are super long.

And there is nothing wrong with sending Ray another message, trust us, Joey and I bug him all the time with our concerns.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: