LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Greetings, fellow music lovers!

Follow 1
Add topic
Search
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 30-07-2014 00:30
Hi everyone! My name's Nicolas. I've known about the LetsSingIt community for quite some time now, but just got around to joining today.

The main reason I joined is to add lyrics to obscure songs and obscure artists. I've always had a passion for delving into lesser-known artists' work, or artists known for only one song. I even run a YouTube channel, McObscurities, tailored to hard-to-find album cuts that can't be found anywhere else on YouTube, if anyone's interested in checking that out.

So far I've added a bunch of lyrics for the artist Jay Ferguson, a '70s one-hit wonder for the song "Thunder Island" (who has a great discography, by the way ) and my next project will be to submit the Strawberry Alarm Clock lyrics I've transcribed. I hope I can make a fun stay out of this place, and it'll be nice meeting you all.
16 comments
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 30-07-2014 00:32
Hello and Welcome!
Joeyy
Joeyy | 30-07-2014 00:33
That's really awesome. We love contributions. Welcome!
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 30-07-2014 00:37
Thank you both for the warm welcome! I also just started purchasing LPs online solely for lyrics booklet purposes, and I've had no regrets - it feels good that I'm able to help the Internet find lyrics to more lesser-known stuff like this.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 30-07-2014 00:38
Of course!
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 30-07-2014 00:39
Welcome to LSI Nicolas. Bienvenue!
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 30-07-2014 01:18
Welcome!
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 30-07-2014 01:20
Welcome to the site. See you around.
CarlJ
CarlJ | 30-07-2014 01:23
Welcome to the site Nicolas. Thunder Island is one of my favs from the 70s. Glad you are here, join us in Randomness sometime!
Joeyy
Joeyy | 30-07-2014 01:25
I also just started purchasing LPs online solely for lyrics booklet purposes

One of the reasons I recently bought Lana Del Rey's latest album was because I thought it would include a lyrics booklet. It doesn't (well, there's a line from each song on the pages, but that's no good to me ).
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 30-07-2014 01:37
Welcome to the site Nicolas. Thunder Island is one of my favs from the 70s. Glad you are here, join us in Randomness sometime!

Thank you! Also, wow, it's great to meet another Jay Ferguson fan...hard to find fans of him online lately. Might I suggest checking out one of my other favorites from him, "Babylon"? The whole Thunder Island album is great, but that's probably my favorite from the album

One of the reasons I recently bought Lana Del Rey's latest album was because I thought it would include a lyrics booklet. It doesn't (well, there's a line from each song on the pages, but that's no good to me ).

Well, that's not too much of a problem at least, since Lana del Rey is at least a popular artist, so her lyrics will be circulating in no time. I'm buying obscure LPs that don't have lyrics online but have a lyrics sheet in the LP, which helps a LOT (especially for those cases where you can't understand what's being said) Of course, unless you're one of those artists that deviates too much from the lyrics booklet and omits stuff...
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 30-07-2014 01:38
I can tell you like posting threads.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 30-07-2014 01:40
Pfft, all the music sites copy from one another. Trust me, finding the correct lyrics to a song on lyrics websites isn't as easy as you'd think. To be fair, it's often difficult to make out what's being said, but it's the lack of trying that bothers me.

I love what you're doing, though - someone's got to.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 30-07-2014 01:43
I agree. Good work!
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 30-07-2014 01:47
Pfft, all the music sites copy from one another. Trust me, finding the correct lyrics to a song on lyrics websites isn't as easy as you'd think. To be fair, it's often difficult to make out what's being said, but it's the lack of trying that bothers me.

Oh, believe me, I know. But the songs I've submitted can't be found on any lyrics sites, and I've been submitting them to LyricsFreak, and once I do the other sites pick them up. I don't have any problem with that, because I'm at least submitting correct lyrics that I've certified and they're spreading around the net.

Lana Del Rey's a popular artist, though, so I don't doubt the lyrics from Ultraviolence that are circulating are correct. AZLyrics is a pretty reliable site for pop lyrics.
cutie_13
cutie_13 | 30-07-2014 09:16
Welcome to LSI
TheAnnoyance
TheAnnoyance | 30-07-2014 10:35
Hello & Welcome
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: