LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

LetsSingIt's Pointless Quiz #15 [Ended]

Follow 1
Add topic
Search
Joeyy
Joeyy | 26-07-2014 18:01
I just realised that I haven't included our theme tune in the past couple of quizzes! *Introductory theme tune*

Now that that's sorted, let's play Pointless!

Rules of the quiz:
- One answer per person (per round)
- Always give the answer you think the fewest amount of people would know
- If two people give the same answer in a short space of time, the first person's answer will be accepted (but the second can answer again)
- When applicable, a player may pick the same subject as another contestant and provide a different answer if they believe the other to be incorrect
- If you play the first round, please check back in case you make it through to Round #2
- Resist cheating (i.e. searching online for answers)

And of course, respect your fellow contestants and have fun!

Round #1 will be posted shortly and will remain open until Monday (or, when applicable, until each answer is taken) to give everyone a chance of replying.

* offtopic :
The records of previous winners and pointless answers can be found here.

-------------------------------------------

WINNER: indiechick_, aka B
RUNNER-UP: CarlJ, aka...Carl
26 to 50 of 215 comments
page 2 of 9
TheAnnoyance
TheAnnoyance | 26-07-2014 18:59
maybe it'll encourage LSI to read more books

Will it f***.

Okay, I'll go for the only other (obvious) answer I can think of and say Ginny Weasley.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 26-07-2014 19:00
Three of my favourite childhood book series on there.

There are at least a few common names in the mix; I'd still say they're worth a guess. Granted, some of them are more unusual. :p
Joeyy
Joeyy | 26-07-2014 19:01
ROUND #1

I know this isn't everyone's strongest subject, but we haven't had a first round of it for a while and I counted earlier: out of the twenty-one different first rounds I have at the moment, there's only one of this topic, so just give it your best shot if you're uncertain 'n' then you won't have to deal with it for a while.

Our category for Round #1 is...

LITERATURE

And the question concerns...

FICTIONAL SIBLINGS

I'm about to give you six surnames of famous families from literature. You have to give me any of the siblings (brothers or sisters) from any of those families. As always, the more obscure, the better.

Good luck! The six family names are...

BENNET
(PRIDE AND PREJUDICE)

DARLING
(PETER PAN)

KIRRIN
(THE FAMOUS FIVE)

MARCH
(LITTLE WOMEN)

PEVENSIE
(THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA)

WEASLEY
(HARRY POTTER)

(Half of the work is done; guess a name at random if you want to participate but don't know any!)
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 26-07-2014 19:06
I don't think you should avoid literature questions. Keep it mixed. Some will be better at them, some will be better at others. I don't complain when it's sports. OK, maybe I complain a little, but jokingly.

And most of these are also movies, so that should help some of you.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 26-07-2014 19:27
Complaining is part of the game! But it's not as fun if several people don't feel able to participate (plus, we need numbers to play). There is a need to have different categories, though.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 26-07-2014 19:51
THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA - Susan Penvensie
Joeyy
Joeyy | 26-07-2014 21:18
Answers so far:

JOHN DARLING (Sarah)
DICK KIRRIN (Lisa)
MARY BENNET (B)
EDMUND PEVENSIE (Joe)
RON WEASLEY (Sierra)
PERCY WEASLEY (Carl)
GINNY WEASLEY (James)
SUSAN PEVENSIE (Jeff)
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 26-07-2014 22:10
So... Do I win yet?
Joeyy
Joeyy | 26-07-2014 23:34
Yes, you win the whole thing. End of quiz.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 26-07-2014 23:35
People might be surprised at how low-scoring some of the answers are... As I've said in the past, the 100 are generally very poor at literature-related rounds.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 26-07-2014 23:41
God category guess I'm late if Captain Keeta won already round 1
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 26-07-2014 23:41
oh my God=Good
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 26-07-2014 23:42
(hey hey don't worry, my correction counted as a posting for my all time score of 151 so far!)
Joeyy
Joeyy | 26-07-2014 23:43
Haha. I'm not sure if you're joking or not, but he hasn't already won. The results of this round will be posted on Monday around the same time.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 26-07-2014 23:59
Impossible Joeyy! I already won.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 27-07-2014 00:49
Last time you said that I don't think you made it past round 2.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 27-07-2014 01:22
No, I'm not joking----just a newbie not knowing how its played on a forum in slow motion (vs whatever speed they play on tv--lighting round fast I just assumed so its over in usual half hour game show format timing) ok, so I still have time to submit a guess----but my knowledge has already been exhausted---the few names I got were already taken--- next time I'll have to be quicker! Good topic though for them to put that together---a challenge (without of the use of the web of course just brain power)
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 27-07-2014 01:26
Lol I think you're right Sarah.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 27-07-2014 01:50
I think she is, too.

Fair enough, Practice. Participation is voluntary, though always encouraged. If you do still want to answer, like I said, you have until Monday (ignore any contradictory posts by Jeff ), otherwise not to worry.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 27-07-2014 01:54
Damn, I hope I get passed the second round!
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 27-07-2014 02:41
Actually I think the last 2 or 3 times Jeff said that and failed, I think he should stop saying it. That reason, and it's just annoying.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 27-07-2014 03:47
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 27-07-2014 04:42
Hmm, trying to decide whether to go with a well-known Narnia character or more obscure HP character. I guess I'll pick:

Charlie Weasley (Harry Potter)
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 27-07-2014 07:19
Argh, it's between choosing a March or a Bennet for me. Hmm...

I'll go with... Catherine 'Kitty' Bennet.
indiechick_
indiechick_ | 27-07-2014 10:45
that would've been my harry potter guess, kaleb

and jen's joining me on the pride & prejudice guess. i wonder which will score lower
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: