LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Forum Awards 2014: Nominations

Follow 0
Add topic
Search
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 15-07-2014 23:00
Please read ALL instructions before submitting your nominations.

There will be a round of nominations to determine the final voting ballots. After a period of two weeks, I'll tabulate the nominations and post the final voting ballots for you to vote on.

Remember, nominations made for yourself will not count. Let the nomination round begin!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

HOW TO PARTICIPATE

Step 1: Copy the list of categories into a private message addressed to PinkFloyd.

Step 2: Title the message "Forum Awards: Nominations"

Step 3: Enter the member names under each category for whomever you believe is a suitable nominee to be on the final ballot. Remember to use proper usernames and not real names. You may nominate as many different people as you wish for each individual category. You do not have to complete every category. Just do what you can.

Step 4: Click send, and I thank you for your participation!

If you would like to add any names after you have already sent in your nomination, do not hesitate to notify me of your changes. I will accept anything and everything up to the deadline.

THE CATEGORIES

Most Attractive Male Forumer
Self-explanatory

Most Attractive Female Forumer
Self-explanatory

Most Helpful/Nicest Forumer
Self-explanatory

Most Flirty Forumer
Self-explanatory

Most Perverted Forumer
Self-explanatory

Most Mature Forumer
Self-explanatory

Most Popular Forumer
Self-explanatory

Most Comedic Forumer
Self-explanatory

Most Intellectual Forumer
Self-explanatory

Most Pleasantly Eccentric Forumer
Awarded to the forumer who is the most quirky in a good way. Can apply to personality, appearance, interests, or lifestyle.

Most Missed Forumer
Awarded to the forumer who is no longer a regular part of the LetsSingIt community, yet is missed the most.

Forumer Most Likely To Never Leave The Forum
Self-explanatory

Forumer You'd Most Want To Meet In Person
Self-explanatory

Forumer Most Likely To Have Your Back
Awarded to the toughest/bravest forumer you'd want to have with you in a fight.

Forumer Most Likely To Have The Best Dance Moves
Self-explanatory

Best Shoulder To Cry On
Awarded to the forumer who is most commonly the easiest to talk to for those in times of distress.

Best DJ
Awarded to the forumer who has the best taste in music/recommends the best music.

Best New Game
Awarded to the forumer who has created the best/most fun game this past year. Games are listed below in the comments section. Please nominate the game as well as the member.

Best Hook-Up
Awarded to the forumers who would have the sexiest one night stand. Please nominate in the form of pairs/groups.

Best New Forumer
Self-explanatory

Best Avatar
Self-explanatory. Only one avatar per member can be nominated. Please make sure your profile displays the avatar you want nominated.

Diamond In The Rough
Awarded to the forumer who is seldom given as much credit as he/she deserves.

Forum Chef
Awarded to the forumer who would create the most amazingly delicious meal.

The Fatty Award
Awarded to the forumer who simply loves food! We have a lot of "fatties" here, but which one will take home the award?

The Andro Award (Most Cultured Forumer)
Awarded to the forumer who is most appreciative of the arts, of languages, of the customs and traditions of the world.

The Dekar Award (Most Positive Contribution To Forum Life)
Self-explanatory

The Ray Award (Largest Contribution To The Website)
Awarded to the forumer who has contributed most to the website. Please don't nominate Ray for this award.

You have two weeks to get all of this into me, cut off is Tuesday, July 30th at 00:00:00 LSI time.

Happy nominating!
1 to 25 of 205 comments
page 1 of 9
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 15-07-2014 23:01
Games created this past year:

In My Pants - Joeyy
King Of The Hill - PinkFloyd
LetsSingIt's Pointless Quiz (various) - Joeyy
LetsSingIt October Madness 2013 - kalsonberry
LetsSingIt January Madness 2014 - kalsonberry
LetsSingIt Madness: Fan Favorite Edition - kalsonberry
LetsSingIt Madness: Movies Edition - kalsonberry
Said No One, Ever - PinkFloyd
The Last Thing You Put In Your Mouth - PinkFloyd
The Useless Facts Thread - Joeyy
What's For Dinner? - Cheater138

It's possible I could have missed some, please let me know.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 15-07-2014 23:01
I'm so excited for this.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 15-07-2014 23:28
I'll probably wait until the last day, trying to make sure I have everyone (Biggest Procrastinator right here).
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 15-07-2014 23:29
Am I really obliged to do this?
* offtopic :
OK, where's the "I'm going home" option?
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 15-07-2014 23:33
No one is obligated to participate, Celine. If you would prefer not to participate just ignore the thread.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 15-07-2014 23:35
Thanks Sarah.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 15-07-2014 23:53
How could you not want to participate!
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 15-07-2014 23:59
* offtopic :
Jeff, your phrase is NOT for me.

But I wasn't talking about participating, just about the nominatinc prossess!
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 16-07-2014 00:01
Sorry. We can respect that though.
juicy1
juicy1 | 16-07-2014 00:05
Celine, why did you call this the LSI award instead of the forum award before changing your post?
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 16-07-2014 00:06
* offtopic :
Because I'm acting more as an artist mod than as a forumer on this site. Dat's why.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 16-07-2014 00:06
I saw that too. ^
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 16-07-2014 02:35
* offtopic :
Wonder whether I'll vote or not this time... I've been acting horrible in another thread. I'm so frustrated that I need some sleep.
Saina1712
Saina1712 | 16-07-2014 10:17
Ooh! Awards season has started.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 16-07-2014 20:57
Do all the contestants have to make a short description before being nominated?

Stupid question, I agree. So I have to check all the member profiles, one by one - and choose 2 of them in each category. OK.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 16-07-2014 21:23
No, nobody has to make a description before being nominated. Last year those nominated for "Most Attractive" were asked to provide pictures, but other than that there are no descriptions needed.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 16-07-2014 23:19
You may nominate as many different people as you wish for each individual category.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 17-07-2014 18:54
How many submissions have you had so far, lover?

The one I always struggle with is Most Attractive. I could say it's because you're all so gorgeous (and you are ), but I know I could be mistaken for an asexual with how blank I generally feel towards appearance. :|

This year I'm also struggling with Best DJ, because I don't know or remember members' tastes well enough. I know I haven't updated my own music profile here (playlist) for ages. I was just adding songs at random ages ago and then I got bored and never went back to it.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 17-07-2014 19:32
I have received 3 members nominations so far.

You know what could help with the Best DJ category? Plug.dj. Did you ever have an account there? If you didn't it's kind of too late now. But I know that will help influence my vote.

Also, I have received some nominations for 'Most Attractive' for members I would never have thought of. I guess just take your time by going through other members friends lists and all the 'Members' section pages.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 17-07-2014 19:39
I've been in a plug.dj room with members here, but mostly all I remember is Jeff's awful music.

I might have a nosy if I recognise their name from around the forum, but I wouldn't nominate someone who I don't think is going to see this.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 17-07-2014 19:47
Hmm, that doesn't leave very many people. Plus we can always message them if they receive a nomination.
juicy1
juicy1 | 17-07-2014 19:50
Could always have the nominees do a DJ party in plug and a bunch of us go in and vote
Joeyy
Joeyy | 17-07-2014 20:03
If I were going to nominate attractive people I don't know, I'd feel I'd have to scour the whole site, because (to me) it wouldn't be fair or logical to just look at (for example) twenty random friends of friends. And then I'd think, if I'm doing this to find the most attractive, why not the other categories? And thus I'd feel obliged to start looking at all of their posts, trying to find someone who seems nicer or more intelligent than the members I've personally spoken to, otherwise I'd feel superficial. Unfortunately I don't have the time for this; there are just too many members. Besides, if members I don't know have stunning pictures of themselves, can I really trust it's them? I wouldn't bet my life on it.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 17-07-2014 20:04
That sounds like a good idea, Joe.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 17-07-2014 20:10
Oh, and Last.fm. I'd forgotten. I have a handful of members on there. If anyone else has it, maybe you could post your profile.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: