LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en
Follow 3
Add topic
Search
CarlJ
CarlJ | 12-07-2014 18:21
Post here for anyone that has died or for an anniversary of a singer, songwriter, actor, author, sports player, etc. You could also say what you appreciated about them.

Keep it nice, keep it neat, keep it clean.

That work?

I'll start with John Spinks, one of the original founding members of the Outfield.
326 to 350 of 1,310 comments
page 14 of 53
roxcyn
roxcyn | 13-06-2016 04:35
- saw it on the news, Jeff. Crazy a** people.

George Voinovich, once a Ohio US Senator, Cleveland, OH mayor, and Ohio governor died early Sunday (12 June 2016) at the age of 79. May he rest in peace.
CarlJ
CarlJ | 13-06-2016 20:27
Janet Waldo...the original voice of Judy Jetson from the Jetsons, has died at 96 She also voiced Josie from Josie and the Pussycats.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 15-06-2016 07:05
Christina Grimmie, best known for being on The Voice and gaining fame by posting covers of songs on YouTube, was just shot and killed at a concert.

What, shot and killed? Killed, maybe, but not shot. That was in a nightclub from Orlando, Florida the day after. I wonder whether both events are closely related! I can't believe that guy either stabbed Christina or shot her. I thought she fainted during a signing after the concert, because of a paralytic attack after the 27-year-old guy had thrown something on her (so, without stabbing nor shooting). What is more frightening is that he did not the know the singer personally. Did that 27-year-old man revendicate Christina's death to the name of "the Egyptian goddess" before killing himself? He could have. He can't be the follower of Chapman or Yolanda Saldivar. I'd rather believe Christina died of a paralytic attack.

Anyway, that's a great loss for The Voice contestants. She should have won that sixth season and gotten a recording contract.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 19-06-2016 20:40
News going around that Anton Yelchin died in a freak car accident last night. One of my favorites from the new Star Trek movies. And so young too. RIP
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 20-06-2016 00:15
WHAT?! NO! He was such a perfect cast for today's Chekov.

I am sorry you are upset, Celine, but she was shot and killed while at a meet & greet with fans. I understand you will believe what you want to believe, though. And she was offered recording contracts by 3 different labels including Adam Levine's. She signed with Island Records but was dropped by them shortly afer. But Selena Gomez's mom and step father were her managers if that makes you feel any better.
JDolla
JDolla | 20-06-2016 00:43
Damn, that's terrible. Awful way to go too, pinned against something by his car.

He had amazing range. Good in Star Trek, Alpha Dogs, Charlie Bartlett, and Odd Thomas (one of my favorite movies of all time). He apparently took his craft seriously, was excellent in everything I've seen him in, and will be missed on the screen.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 20-06-2016 00:56
Yeah, I read more about it after I posted. Sounds like he got out of the car for some reason, and it started rolling. One article mentioned that his house was on a steep incline and the car was in neutral. Eerily similar to what happened to Tiff. =/
CarlJ
CarlJ | 20-06-2016 12:50
That is just a totally freak accident, but it's coming out now that he had a Jeep Cherokee and that there has been a recall on them for just that thing......slipping out of gear. He was awesome as the new Chekov. So very sad. and no telling how long he had been there before his friends found him.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 20-06-2016 14:43
Rest in peace.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 22-06-2016 05:53
I am sorry you are upset, Celine, but she was shot and killed while at a meet & greet with fans. I understand you will believe what you want to believe, though.

No, no. Christina Grimmie was killed indeed, but not shot but got a paralytic attack after having been hit by an object thrown by somebody else on her. That's not a shooting. The person who heard balloons popping really heard that sort of noise, not the one from a firearm. I just wondered whether it was related with what happened the following day in an Orlando nightclub.

But Selena Gomez's mom and step father were her managers if that makes you feel any better.

That can't make me feel any better since she has not won The Voice. I wish Selena and Adam Levine had not lost their friend that way.
CarlJ
CarlJ | 22-06-2016 11:23
Celine.....she was shot.....three times. When they did the autopsy...they pulled the bullets out of her. Sorry it was that way, but trust me, I live over here in the states and all of the reports I have seen show that she was killed when that idiot shot her.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 22-06-2016 14:33
They even pulled the bullets out of her? I freakin' hate these insane people with weapons who want to kill. Makes me sick to my stomach.

Celien c'mon.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 22-06-2016 15:09
I wish she did not die from the wounds after her paralytic attack. Please tell me she was not shot or I'll tell you I dreamed! They were not bullets, but... Small objects thrown on her, so that's not "shot", but "killed" maybe. Shooting was what happened the day after in the same city.
CarlJ
CarlJ | 22-06-2016 16:20
bullets......unfortunately, my country is a bit crazy at times......or at least some of our 'citizens' are crazy like that.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 23-06-2016 14:46
Well, if you get crazy for a singer, don't throw objects on him/her. Just ask him/her an autograph and/or a photocopy of his/her ID card, to prove you have met that singer.
CarlJ
CarlJ | 23-06-2016 15:21
exactly.....too many crazies out there.......same happened to John Lennon.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 23-06-2016 22:22
So you don't call it "murder", I guess.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 23-06-2016 22:25
Celine... Please stop dragging it on.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 25-06-2016 01:40
Jen, I'll tell you again! Saying "if that makes you feel better" after such an affirmation doesn't make me feel better. I don't understand why this guy hit her 3 times, whereas he did not know Christina personally. That's not a reason to hit her instead of asking a signing.

No, don't consider it a "murder" or a shooting - that was what happened the day after in the same city. Christina was neither shot nor murdered, but she was killed (not the same thing, Jeff) indeed after having been hit by small objects - the paralytic attack is the real version of the fact. Yeah, balloons really popped, that was what caused her a paralytic attack. The firearm was only used when the guy shot himself. I wish she had won The Voice. It's time to repair that error! Without firearm, please! So I propose Mark Grimmie to continue what his sister did. All right.

Christina was not shot by a firearm, but the 49 people in the nightclub were. Watch out. She should have died at 64 instead. And those people who could not reanimate her should be condemned or punished either way! It's called "non-assistance to people in danger". Remember that.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 25-06-2016 02:14
So to sum up what Celine just rambled on about, she thinks that she was killed by someone throwing an object at her, something about that night club shooting and that she should've died at 64... Literally don't understand French people.

I said it once and I'll say it again, may she rip. It was and still is a saddening lost to the music industry. Her voice was heavenly.
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 25-06-2016 02:38
Celine, I don't know where you are getting these ideas from, but they are not factual. Fact, the man who shot her did not personally know her (but was obsessed with her). Fact, he didn't hit or beat her. Fact, he shot her. Fact, she died as a result of fatal gun shot wounds (so she was indeed murdered). Fact, her brother tackled the man to the ground so he couldn't shoot more people. Fact, in the process the gun went off and the shooter died. Fact, the shooting that killed Christina was separate and happened BEFORE the Orlando shooting.

I live in the State where all this happened. Trust me, I know what happened, and it's not whatever you are talking about. Now, I know that you are never going to agree with me, and you will continue to go on and on about whatever conspiracy is happening in your head. I am sorry that you are having a hard time accepting all of this.

That being said, the fact that you keep going on and on about nonsense that is just not true, is annoying everyone else. You've already stated what you believe happened several times now, so how about we just agree to disagree? The rest of us will let you believe whatever you want, but I think we've posted about this topic long enough, no?
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 25-06-2016 16:03
* offtopic :
Literally don't understand French people.

Jeff, please stop generalising like that. Céline's ramblings have nothing to do with what other French people are like. This is a pretty harmless example, but it's that kind of reasoning that leads to racism, sexism, and all other prejudices. One person is not representative of the whole group.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 25-06-2016 16:05
* offtopic :
Well you know I wasn't trying to lead on to racism or sexism, but she just makes no sense. Pretty sure we've stated that Carole was never like this too.
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 25-06-2016 16:11
* offtopic :
Exactly, Carole isn't like this. So why don't you say "I don't understand Céline" instead? Implying that it's all French people is prejudiced.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 25-06-2016 16:17
* offtopic :
You're right.

That being said, I don't under Celine and never will.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: