LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Randomness Is The Answer #174

Follow 0
Add topic
Search
TheAnnoyance
TheAnnoyance | 09-07-2014 21:27
Awww yeah. Randomness win number 20, bitches.

---------------------------------------------------------

The following is a paid broadcast from Stanley...

*insert commercial jingle*

Please, people, let's not forget what the great HappyLion said when he first opened this thread back in '02...

Tired of "favorite..."s and "hate..."s?
Tired of religious wars?
Tired of disputes over words like "gay"?
Feeling random...?

Or are you just one of those people who don't make any sense anyway...?

THEN DROP BY THE RANDOMNESS, THE PLACE WHERE YOU CAN JUST GET THAT WEIRDNESS OFF YOUR MIND!

-----------------------R U L E S-------------------------

1. Posts in this thread (with this one as a possible exception...) may make no sense whatsoever!

2. Try to read all existing posts before posting a new one...

3. DO NOT USE MORE THAN 3 SMILEYS PER POST!

4. BE ORIGINAL!

5. Have fun for Christ's sake!

6. (Don't) Spam!
1,876 to 1,900 of 5,007 comments
page 76 of 201
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 22-07-2014 02:24
Sticky.
MastersaArmsFan
MastersaArmsFan | 22-07-2014 02:29
It wasn't a sad face!!!! I picked the smiling devil.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 22-07-2014 02:29
Partayyyyy!
juicy1
juicy1 | 22-07-2014 03:31
oooooh a smiling devil

There's a new one coming out? I'm immediately excited.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 22-07-2014 03:32
Actually hanging with a girl tomorrow, nbd.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 22-07-2014 06:19
My cat has weird crusties on her face again. I have no idea what she's been getting into. =/
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 22-07-2014 12:05
need to bell that cat! (no seriously try that tiny camera G--something I forget that you can put on animals, hidden camera and then you can watch where she goes when you're not around!)
juicy1
juicy1 | 22-07-2014 12:20
I've always wondered what causes that on pets.

Joey, I did some research on the Jurassic Park movie and it looks like it's an attempt at a reboot of the series. Has Henry Wu who was the geneticist behind them bringing the dinosaurs back in the first place. I wouldn't mind if they did a full reboot and actually followed the book since the book was much better than the movie
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 22-07-2014 12:36
Really happy that I got decent night of sleep.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 22-07-2014 12:57
Twenty-two years after the events of Jurassic Park, Isla Nublar now features a fully functioning dinosaur theme park, Jurassic World, as originally envisioned by John Hammond. The park is owned by the Patel Corporation. Owen (portrayed by Chris Pratt), a member of Jurassic World's on-site staff, conducts behavioral research on the Velociraptors. After many years, Jurassic World's attendance rates begin to decline, and a new attraction created to re-spark visitor interest gravely backfires.

The description from Wikipedia. I'm definitely interested. I heard at one point they want to reboot the series, possibly with another trilogy, but it will be a new series, not remakes. I'm perfectly fine with that. The original ones were great, no need to remake them.
I have to say though, I'm not really attached to any of the actors that have been named so far. Vincent D'Onofrio is great, I think they said he's playing the villain, which will suit him well. But I'm really not overly-excited about seeing any one particular actor in the movie.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 22-07-2014 13:04
I need to get better at Rockband...
juicy1
juicy1 | 22-07-2014 13:06
I kinda wish they had a reunion of the original cast for the movie. They all come back and visit the island for the re-opening.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 22-07-2014 13:08
I do love velociraptors. I'm not a fan of reboots unless it's been 40, maybe 50+, years, but I also dislike when films deviate so far from the plot of the book they're based on. Still, when they stick to the original story as much as they can within the given time frame, there is then the potential problem of having every detail you imagined ruined by someone else's vision.
juicy1
juicy1 | 22-07-2014 13:11
The first film was great for me, till I read the book and I was kinda pissed. Hammond wasn't supposed to be some nice old man, he was supposed to be a monster that was killed by compys. Spielberg ruined the movie for me. That being said, it's still a good movie and has held up surprisingly well over the years.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 22-07-2014 13:15
too many cooks spoil the broth as they say.....

Anyone who likes Jurassic Park should check the British version Primeval... (Season 5 is here in US from 2011) an anomaly lets dinosaurs etc at raondom intervals invade our modern world causing havoc and a "MIB" type crew destroys them while keeping the public in the dark (wild mammoth just went by destroying a man's house as he stands there yelling and pointing---- "Of course there is a lot of that going around now the MIB guy calmly explains... weird hallucinations..... now just take two of these and everything will be all fine in the morning)
Joeyy
Joeyy | 22-07-2014 13:19
Hammond is nice? :p I always thought he was an arse.
juicy1
juicy1 | 22-07-2014 13:22
Okay, so maybe he isn't nice exactly in the movie, but he isn't the monster his character is written as.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 22-07-2014 13:24
I never read the books, though I did own Jurassic Park and Lost World at one point. I'm more attached to the movies than the books, so it doesn't bother me that they're different. Same goes for True Blood, doesn't bother me that it's different from the book series, as I never read nor will read the books. But The Hobbit... I was pissed that they changed the scene with the trolls. And I also have the feeling I'll be upset about changes when The Giver comes out. Really depends on how much I liked the book/if I read it.

I do like that they're sticking to a timeline within the movies though. I would have liked to see original cast members back (besides BD Wong, of course) but I think I could understand Dr. Grant and Malcolm not wanting to go back there.
Would have been cool to get the kids back in it though.
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 22-07-2014 13:25
He is a bit of an arse, but he's not evil.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 22-07-2014 13:25
I didn't think Hammond was an ass. He was like a kid in a candy store and he ignored the dangers because of it, but he wasn't mean.
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 22-07-2014 13:27
What are those kids doing now?
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 22-07-2014 13:33
The boy is still an actor. He was in the series The Pacific and in The Social Network. Other things as well, but I think those are the best known. The girl is an artist now.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 22-07-2014 13:34
Since this is a totally random thoughts page....
I have a bone to pick with those who chose the name "Jurassic Park" as it sounds much better than Cretaceous or Mesozoic Park..
as if you really want to know... (copied from another source) :

Q: What is the most dangerous dinosaur period?
A: The most dangerous dinosaur period of the three was probably the Cretaceous, since the biggest, meanest predators lived then, including T. rex which came right at the end of dinosaur time.

Just setting the record straight for all the true science fiction fans out there who want to know the real scoop on things as they are in reality...(having some experience in the area I guess I have to ruffle a few feathers out there----you all know Dinosaurs are living here today as Trilobite descendants and Birds, right?)
juicy1
juicy1 | 22-07-2014 13:37
I think it has more to do with how it down. Who wants to go to Cretaceous Park or Mesozoic Park? Jurassic just rolls off the tongue better.

juicy1
juicy1 | 22-07-2014 13:38
how it sounds** God I need coffee.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: