LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Make Your Choice (Worst Fictional Film to Be In)

Follow 1
Add topic
Search
Joeyy
Joeyy | 31-03-2014 03:10
Disclaimer: I stole this from IMDb. Given that our maximum is ten, I had to narrow their options, basing my choice on the different kinds of awful.

Your question is: Which of these fictional films would be the worst situation to be trapped in, without knowing the end result?

I've put short descriptions next to each and longer ones below if you want your memory refreshing. Scroll down for the poll and back up if you need the reminders.

------ ------

Liar Liar (1997): Someone made a wish that you wouldn't be able to tell another lie. Their wish is somehow granted for twenty-four hours. Pray no one asks you something that would cause you to lose a loved one (or to get punched, fired, etc.).

Snakes on a Plane (2006): There you are, enjoying your mid-flight snack (so I can't quite remember how the movie goes), when all of a sudden, oh crap! Snakes everywhere. Biting, venomous snakes. Oh, and you're probably not Samuel L. Jackson in this scenario.

Memento (2000): I'm not sure I finished this, but... You wake up every day unable to remember the previous one – or much of anything – yet you have left yourself notes about your wife's murder, because you want to catch whoever did it. Good luck with that.

Saw (2004): Ew. You've woken in a filthy room. You're chained up. There's a dead body in a pool of blood on the floor and a stranger chained at the opposite end. You can free yourself from the shackles, but only if you're willing to saw off your own foot. You discover your partner and child have also been kidnapped, hidden elsewhere, and will die if you don't kill the person in front of you within the time limit.

28 Days Later (2002): You wake from a coma. The hospital is abandoned, as (seemingly) are the streets. You soon find that most people are dead, and by dead I mean they're infected with a rage virus which takes over them, causing them to do nothing but run at un-infected people and attempt to tear them apart. If their blood gets in you, you become like them in a matter of seconds. Also you're in the UK and ordinary citizens don't tend to carry guns.

The Blair Witch Project (1999): So you fancied yourself as a journalist, did you? Now look what you've gone and done. Lost in the very woods the Blair Witch is said to haunt (with two idiots, I might add). Is she real? Surely not. But soon you find yourself beginning to doubt, and one of your companions goes missing.

The Hills Have Eyes (2006): Road trip! Travelling with the fam. Nice time. Until you break down and find yourself confronted by a mad man and his buddies who want you and your family dead.

Child's Play 2 (1990): Sad times. You're in foster care because your doll happened to be possessed by the spirit of a serial killer and it killed people, which temporarily resulted in you being placed in a psychiatric unit (where your mother now is). Also, the guy tried to take your body for himself before his doll-possessing spirit was destroyed. Sounds traumatic enough, but guess what? He's back! And he's after you again.

Planet of the Apes (1968): It's hundreds of years in the future. You're on a ship in space. It crashes on a planet and one of your crew members (of which there are only a handful) dies. You wander around, exploring, and discover the planet is ruled by awful apes who hunt and kill, or enslave, humans such as yourself. They kill the others and capture you.

Alien (1979): You're in deep space. Your crew was meant to remain asleep until reaching Earth again, but you were woken to go on a rescue mission to an unknown planet. But uh-oh, what's this? Giant alien remains, thousands of live eggs, a – oh Holy Halloumi, your crew mate has a baby alien locked onto their face; its tail has pierced a hole through his neck... Is its mummy/daddy around here somewhere? You're guessing yes.
Saw (Will you kill to survive? Also, your foot's gotta be chopped.)8 (57.1 %)vote
Liar Liar (You're physically unable to lie for 24 hours.)2 (14.3 %)vote
28 Days Later, (Rage-infected people everywhere: run)2 (14.3 %)vote
Snakes on a Plane (Enjoy your flight.)1 (7.1 %)vote
The Hills Have Eyes (Vacay! Spoilt by murderers.)1 (7.1 %)vote
The Blair Witch Project (Lost in woods, is she out there?)0 (0.0 %)vote
Child's Play 2 (That doll that tried to kill you? It's back.)0 (0.0 %)vote
Memento (Memory gone, wife dead – whodunnit?)0 (0.0 %)vote
Alien (Deep space. Ugly-ass aliens want you dead.)0 (0.0 %)vote
Planet of the Apes (Who run the world? Apes.)0 (0.0 %)vote
total votes: 14
26 to 34 of 34 comments
page 2 of 2
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 01-04-2014 13:34
Oh, was it, "Mother effing snakes off this mother effing plane?"
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 01-04-2014 13:37
"I have had it with these mother******g snakes on this mother******g plane!"
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 01-04-2014 13:39
Figures! For some reason I thought it was the other one.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 01-04-2014 14:00
But Jeff, you were meant to choose the one you would most hate to be in. The question wasn't, "Which film do you love?"

Also, 28 Days Later is set in England, where we don't carry guns, so you probably wouldn't stand a chance. And they're not reallyy zombies, they have a rage virus. They don't stop to eat a person; they move fast.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 01-04-2014 14:02
Oops.

If I could copy, paste, insert the quote feature, and find the correct smiley to laugh at Sarah's comment on the previous page without hassle, I would.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 01-04-2014 14:02
Haha I know that. I would hate to be in an Zombie movie to be honest.
cutie_13
cutie_13 | 01-04-2014 15:05
Saw (Will you kill to survive? Also, your foot's gotta be chopped.)
I'm somewhat unable to watch any of the Saw movies more than once. It's hard to watch.
Krunegard
Krunegard | 01-04-2014 20:13
Saw (Will you kill to survive? Also, your foot's gotta be chopped.)
Not that I've seen the movies, but their reputations speak for themselves.
And most of the scenarios are impossible to solve anyway.
CarlJ
CarlJ | 04-04-2014 19:45
Liar Liar (You're physically unable to lie for 24 hours.)
don't want to deal with anything in the others that might kill me....lol i can be at work for 12 hours, then sleep for 12 hours.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: