LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Make Your Choice (Worst Fictional Film to Be In)

Follow 1
Add topic
Search
Joeyy
Joeyy | 31-03-2014 03:10
Disclaimer: I stole this from IMDb. Given that our maximum is ten, I had to narrow their options, basing my choice on the different kinds of awful.

Your question is: Which of these fictional films would be the worst situation to be trapped in, without knowing the end result?

I've put short descriptions next to each and longer ones below if you want your memory refreshing. Scroll down for the poll and back up if you need the reminders.

------ ------

Liar Liar (1997): Someone made a wish that you wouldn't be able to tell another lie. Their wish is somehow granted for twenty-four hours. Pray no one asks you something that would cause you to lose a loved one (or to get punched, fired, etc.).

Snakes on a Plane (2006): There you are, enjoying your mid-flight snack (so I can't quite remember how the movie goes), when all of a sudden, oh crap! Snakes everywhere. Biting, venomous snakes. Oh, and you're probably not Samuel L. Jackson in this scenario.

Memento (2000): I'm not sure I finished this, but... You wake up every day unable to remember the previous one – or much of anything – yet you have left yourself notes about your wife's murder, because you want to catch whoever did it. Good luck with that.

Saw (2004): Ew. You've woken in a filthy room. You're chained up. There's a dead body in a pool of blood on the floor and a stranger chained at the opposite end. You can free yourself from the shackles, but only if you're willing to saw off your own foot. You discover your partner and child have also been kidnapped, hidden elsewhere, and will die if you don't kill the person in front of you within the time limit.

28 Days Later (2002): You wake from a coma. The hospital is abandoned, as (seemingly) are the streets. You soon find that most people are dead, and by dead I mean they're infected with a rage virus which takes over them, causing them to do nothing but run at un-infected people and attempt to tear them apart. If their blood gets in you, you become like them in a matter of seconds. Also you're in the UK and ordinary citizens don't tend to carry guns.

The Blair Witch Project (1999): So you fancied yourself as a journalist, did you? Now look what you've gone and done. Lost in the very woods the Blair Witch is said to haunt (with two idiots, I might add). Is she real? Surely not. But soon you find yourself beginning to doubt, and one of your companions goes missing.

The Hills Have Eyes (2006): Road trip! Travelling with the fam. Nice time. Until you break down and find yourself confronted by a mad man and his buddies who want you and your family dead.

Child's Play 2 (1990): Sad times. You're in foster care because your doll happened to be possessed by the spirit of a serial killer and it killed people, which temporarily resulted in you being placed in a psychiatric unit (where your mother now is). Also, the guy tried to take your body for himself before his doll-possessing spirit was destroyed. Sounds traumatic enough, but guess what? He's back! And he's after you again.

Planet of the Apes (1968): It's hundreds of years in the future. You're on a ship in space. It crashes on a planet and one of your crew members (of which there are only a handful) dies. You wander around, exploring, and discover the planet is ruled by awful apes who hunt and kill, or enslave, humans such as yourself. They kill the others and capture you.

Alien (1979): You're in deep space. Your crew was meant to remain asleep until reaching Earth again, but you were woken to go on a rescue mission to an unknown planet. But uh-oh, what's this? Giant alien remains, thousands of live eggs, a – oh Holy Halloumi, your crew mate has a baby alien locked onto their face; its tail has pierced a hole through his neck... Is its mummy/daddy around here somewhere? You're guessing yes.
Saw (Will you kill to survive? Also, your foot's gotta be chopped.)8 (57.1 %)vote
28 Days Later, (Rage-infected people everywhere: run)2 (14.3 %)vote
Liar Liar (You're physically unable to lie for 24 hours.)2 (14.3 %)vote
The Hills Have Eyes (Vacay! Spoilt by murderers.)1 (7.1 %)vote
Snakes on a Plane (Enjoy your flight.)1 (7.1 %)vote
Planet of the Apes (Who run the world? Apes.)0 (0.0 %)vote
Alien (Deep space. Ugly-ass aliens want you dead.)0 (0.0 %)vote
Child's Play 2 (That doll that tried to kill you? It's back.)0 (0.0 %)vote
Memento (Memory gone, wife dead – whodunnit?)0 (0.0 %)vote
The Blair Witch Project (Lost in woods, is she out there?)0 (0.0 %)vote
total votes: 14
1 to 25 of 34 comments
page 1 of 2
juicy1
juicy1 | 31-03-2014 03:26
Liar Liar (You're physically unable to lie for 24 hours.)
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 31-03-2014 03:40
Saw (Will you kill to survive? Also, your foot's gotta be chopped.)
Although Alien is the scariest movie series to me even though I love it, and I am seriously afraid of snakes, the Saw series is probably one of the most evil movie sets I've ever seen. So for that reason I voted for Saw.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 31-03-2014 03:44
28 Days Later, (Rage-infected people everywhere: run)
Unlike Carrey's character in 'Liar Liar', I could probably isolate myself from most people very easily, so I'm not too worried by this one.

Momento: Eh, I'd either give up or get it done. The situation would suck, but I'd take it over some of the others.

No, the Blair Witch isn't out there. I'd go looking for her, but I wouldn't believe it. If I turned out to be wrong, oh well, at least I'd finally get to experience fear because of her and what actually happens when she "kills" her victims.

Chucky? Come at me, bro.

Most of the others provide you with the people and weapons you'd need to at least stand a chance, but you'd be pretty screwed in a world like 'Planet of the Apes'. Yet I feel like I'd be much less scared there than hiding out waiting for an infected human to smash through my window (they do that) and run at me, screeching, before biting and turning me. Can't run, no strength, only knives as a weapon... No thanks.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 31-03-2014 03:46
* offtopic :
LSI turns my Word ellipses (...) into commas.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 31-03-2014 04:17
28 Days Later, (Rage-infected people everywhere: run)
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 31-03-2014 10:37
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 31-03-2014 17:16
Snakes on a Plane (Enjoy your flight.)
I didn't even have to read the other descriptions. Stuck on a plane full of snakes, thousands of feet in the air... there are absolutely no options to get away while you're still flying. That would be the worst.

Alien would be a close second for similar reasons... being out in space and all.
indiechick_
indiechick_ | 31-03-2014 17:30
The Hills Have Eyes (Vacay! Spoilt by murderers.)
i was torn between this one, liar liar and saw.

i still think saw sucks the worst, but this one was one of the most scary movies i've seen. it was super, super scary. no thank you.

i'd actually be excited to be in planet of the apes or aliens.
indiechick_
indiechick_ | 31-03-2014 17:31
love the poll, by the way
Joeyy
Joeyy | 31-03-2014 18:23
Alien would be a close second for similar reasons... being out in space and all.

It'd definitely be horrifying, but weren't they quite well-equipped, with flame-throwers and guns? I feel like I might have been more inclined to vote for 'Snakes on a Plane' if I'd recently watched the film. I can't really remember how many there were and what happens to most people. But I ruled that one out on the basis of the scenes in films where someone is sucked out of the plane whilst others cling on for dear life. Don't tell me that wouldn't work.

love the poll, by the way

i still think saw sucks the worst, but this one was one of the most scary movies i've seen. it was super, super scary. no thank you.

Haha, thanks.

I know this is horrible, but I feel like the first 'Saw' would be easier for me than most of the others. It's for your wife and kid, and there doesn't appear to be a complicated puzzle or race against another person (like the one where two people had to race against each other to reach a certain weight by hacking off their own limbs or something? ) I couldn't do some of them, especially not without the motivation of saving loved ones. :|
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 31-03-2014 18:26
There were many snakes. I recall it was a "double decker" plane. First class being upper deck, regular/business being below and the whole lower deck was swarmed with snakes, followed closely by the upper.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 31-03-2014 18:27
How did they get there?
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 31-03-2014 18:30
I can't deal with chopping off limbs so I voted for that one. When I watched '127 Hours' I couldn't really stand it because I knew he had to chop his arm off...

The only one of these I've seen is 'Memento' though.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 31-03-2014 18:30
Some gang was after a kid who was being transported on the plane to testify against them, so they filled the cargo with snakes and set the boxes up to open once it was in the air.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 31-03-2014 18:48
Ohh. Yeah, survival doesn't sound likely with that one. It's really a matter of "pick your poison", with a few giving you slightly better odds (and literal poison in yours? )
FireWaterBurn6
FireWaterBurn6 | 31-03-2014 18:51
Having some creepy asswipe with a mask ask me if I want to play a game doesn't sound that great. Most winning scenarios involve me becoming majorly disfigured for life or dying.
TheAnnoyance
TheAnnoyance | 31-03-2014 19:22
It was between this or 28 days later. But I don't fancy having to kill someone or chopping off limbs.
juicy1
juicy1 | 31-03-2014 19:30
Hmmm, I misread the instructions. For some reason I thought you were supposed to choose which of those you'd rather be in.
indiechick_
indiechick_ | 31-03-2014 19:33
which would you choose then?
Joeyy
Joeyy | 31-03-2014 19:36
I know this is horrible, but I feel like the first 'Saw' would be easier for me than most of the others.

Realised this might sound like I meant most of the other films listed, when I meant most of the other 'Saw' films (can't remember all of them).
juicy1
juicy1 | 31-03-2014 19:54
I'd have to say 28 Days Later for me
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 31-03-2014 20:32
I would do anything to save my family, but I don't know how I would cope with actually killing someone. And I can barely watch when people cut off limbs, forget about doing it myself.

I agree that the 'Saw' films seem to get progressively more horrible (they probably wanted to out-do the last one with each), so if I had to choose between them, it'd be the first. Or possibly second, depending on which character I'd be.

I think any situation where I'd be alone (or with strangers I don't know if I can trust) would be worse than with people I know around, but then if I did have family or friends in danger, I'd have to fight for them, whereas if I just had myself to think about I could just give up and let whatever it is kill me.

Who run the world? Apes.

Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 01-04-2014 13:31
I only said "28 Days Later" because I love that movie. Plus I'd be able to survive a zombie apocalypse because I'd just put treadmills around my house.

"I want these god damned snakes off this god damned plane."

Best movie line ever.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 01-04-2014 13:33
except that's not how the line went at all...
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 01-04-2014 13:33
Really? I thought it was. How does it go? :/
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: