LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Love At First Listen

Follow 2
Add topic
Search
exhumedneuron
exhumedneuron | 01-09-2013 17:28
The concept is pretty simple. Can you recall any songs you straight up fell in love with the very first time you heard them? Post them here!

Is there a song you just heard for the first time and love it? Post it here! Also, consider providing a little explanation for why you love the song, or what made you fall in love with it.

One song per post only, please

Have a listen to the songs others have posted, and if you'd like, rate the previous song/most recent one posted (1-10) (thanks to Joeyy for the suggestion ).

Discussion is encouraged, so feel free to say why you like or also love a song someone else has posted, or why you might not like it.

Have fun!
176 to 200 of 211 comments
page 8 of 9
CarlJ
CarlJ | 01-12-2014 19:47
sorry, hit the button before i had a chance to say why. first time i heard this, i was in my teens. it was before the Chiefs used the instrumental opening for their opening kickoffs. My oldest brother introduced me to Alan Parsons Project..(listen to The System of Dr. Tarr and Professor Feather) and this song was just one of those that is mellow, but has a message that i wanted to say to someone who had duped me at the time....and it worked pretty good. love the song
CarlJ
CarlJ | 17-12-2014 20:52
Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Christmas Canon

This is a beautiful song. Have yet to see them perform in person. But the song the first time I heard it made me think of the innocence of all the children in the world and the hope that I have the world can and will be a better place in the future.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 27-12-2014 00:58
Ah yes - I've seen TSO live twice now and have heard that song before. It's a really beautiful song and is perfect at capturing the Christmas joy. 10/10

Milquetoast & Co. - Love and Tonic

This song has such a great vibe to it, and I love the soul in the singer's voice.
Musicwizard211
Musicwizard211 | 28-12-2014 17:18
That's a pretty good song, I haven't heard of it before. I like the singer's voice.

Keane - Somewhere Only We Know

I love this song, it was definitely one of those "love at first listen" occasions.
I LOVE the singer's(Tom's) voice! Breathtaking!
Saina1712
Saina1712 | 01-01-2015 18:19
Yeah, I liked that song too, the first time I listened it. It makes me smile.

So, here's a song which accompanied me the whole second semester of last year and I still feel something whenever I listen this song. This song was already famous, I guess. But I discovered it much later, in a remixed version.

Blood Bank (JacM remix) by Bon Iver

CarlJ
CarlJ | 02-01-2015 15:25
dark overtones...but good song....I liked it. 7/10

I heard this one just a few months ago.....
Very good. Sounds like something I would do.....trade for just one thing.....
Finger Eleven - One Thing
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 02-01-2015 15:55
Not bad to be honest. Might listen to it!

Dave Matthews Band - The Space Between

I just love this song because of the melody. That's all.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 02-01-2015 15:56
And my rating for your song, Carl, is a 6/10.
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 02-01-2015 18:16
Ok, I'll rate the past 4 songs because I've been meaning to check out Bon Iver and I know the other 3.
Keane: 7/10 - Not a huge fan of them but it is a good song. I've sung it a few times in a board game called Encore.
Bon Iver: 6/10 - Cool sound, but a little slow for my taste.
Finger Eleven: 8/10 - Only know a couple songs by them but that's a good one!
Dave Matthews Band: 9/10 - Probably my favorite song by them!

Jukebox The Ghost - The Great Unknown
I'm seeing them in February! They're a fun/quirky pop rock band that hasn't quite got the attention they deserve. This is one of their less quirky songs but it's still good.
Saina1712
Saina1712 | 23-01-2015 17:05
3 out 5 stars.
The song is nice and peppy. I'll probably play it again when I'll need a pep song to make me feel good.

I heard this song today only and it is sooooooo lovely.
The Decemberists - Til The Water's All Long Gone
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 23-01-2015 21:03
4/10 - I didn't dislike it but it was just too slow for me. I like a couple of their songs though.

Fall Out Boy - Immortals
Still trying to decide if I like the new album/direction, but this one is really great!
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 24-01-2015 16:06
7/10 - Fall Out Boy has great music and this song was decent. May consider listening to them more often.

Deadmau5 ft Kaskade - I Remember
CarlJ
CarlJ | 27-01-2015 13:59
sorry Jeff, that is not my cup of tea...0/10

Taylor Swift - Blank Space
CarlJ
CarlJ | 27-01-2015 14:00
damn, forgot to add why......
because i've dated a couple of girls like this before...and this song hits the nail right on the head. and it's true...a lot of guys enjoy the torture of love....go figure.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 27-01-2015 14:03
.-.

0/10 because Taylor Swift

Showtek - Booyah
Joeyy
Joeyy | 22-02-2015 03:51
Got a long list of ex-lovers
They'll tell you I'm insane
'Cause you know I love the players
And you love the game

I actually like that one, Carl, haha. I enjoy teasing my friend about her enjoyment of a few Taylor Swift songs, but I kinda like 'em myself.

4/10 Fun song, Jeff, but not my cup of tea, as I'm sure you know.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 22-02-2015 03:51
My submission today is A Great Big World feat. Christina Aguilera - Say Something.

Say something, I'm giving up on you
I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you
Anywhere I would have followed you
Say something, I'm giving up on you

And I will swallow my pride
You're the one that I love, and I'm saying goodbye

Heard this song for the first time recently. I think it's perfect for the type of situation where you're waiting for the one you love to either tell you they return your feelings or reaffirm them in a relationship that's grown cold. Sung beautifully, too.
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 22-02-2015 04:59
I like Blank Space, the beat to the song is just really great. I've started liking Taylor Swift more now that she's older and some of her music has matured.

As for Say Something, I love the song. I've heard it both with and without Christina, and I think I enjoy the one with her in it better. I think she adds more emotion to the song giving it that little bit of something extra that just makes it so much more powerful. It makes me think about being caught in that place of uncertainty with someone. 9/10

I've posted this song elsewhere, but it really is a song I've loved since the first listen. I've literally, listened to it on a non-stop loop for like 2 days. It's powerful and passionate. It makes me think about what it would be like being so distractedly in love with someone. I love how the lyrics are so simple, but still manage to capture the emotion so well.

You can see the world you brought to life

Ellie Goulding Love Me Like You Do

Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 23-02-2015 01:55
6/10

It's a decent Ellie Goulding song. Probably won't ever listen to it again.

Deniz Koyu & Don Palm - Lift

Had this song stuck on repeat all day. Heard it two days ago on the EDM station on the radio and had to listen to it again. The main melody of this song is just so beautiful and there is meaning to it.
saina
saina | 12-04-2015 12:38
Deniz Koyu & Don Palm - Lift
7/10

The song I'm introducing now is an Afghan folk song and one should listen to it in a relaxing environment (maybe while enjoying a glass of sherbet or a hookah) because:
1. It's in a foreign language.
2. It's 6minutes long song.
3. It's just my opinion. WTH! Listen to it in whatever way you want.

So, here's the video of the song, 'Bibi, Sanam, Janem' performed by Zeb and Haniya.

Lyrics and Translation of this song.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 12-04-2015 13:28
2/10

Flo Rida - GDFR

Heard this song for the first time and instantly loved it. Has an awesome beat and the saxophone is awesome.
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 30-11-2015 02:10
I love her celtic-haunting voice.

English Version.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 10-12-2015 22:58
If we're supposed to be rating the song out of ten which you didn't do for the last song posted, I'd give her voice an 8 out 10.

Varien - Valkyrie (feat. Laura Brehm)

This girl's voice is so hot. The drums, guitar and mainly just the whole song are what got me into this song.
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 07-07-2016 01:52
I'm always reluctant to post in this thread now.

Since people seem to like the rating thing, I was gonna give that Varien Valkyrie song an 8 because I really enjoyed the beginning. Then around 54 seconds in, it got all electronic and dubstep-ish, and since I'm not a fan of that, my enjoyment went down a little. So my rating is a 6. There were parts I did like, but too many parts I just can't get into.

I like to use this thread as a placeholder for songs, music and artists I can come back to when I am looking for something fantastic to listen to. I was browsing this thread the other day and forgot about the Birdy song Joey posted, and I am so loving it.

Anyway, my post is a cover, but, it's the cover version of the song I am so in love with right now. Oasis is 'performed' by Kygo ft Foxes, written by Sia, but the cover is by Jasmine Thompson, and I just love her. I love the piano version of the song, and the gentle tone of her voice. Coupled with Sia's lyrics, I just feel so many emotions when I listen to the song.

Jasmine Thompson - Oasis lyrics
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: