LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Love At First Listen

Follow 2
Add topic
Search
exhumedneuron
exhumedneuron | 01-09-2013 17:28
The concept is pretty simple. Can you recall any songs you straight up fell in love with the very first time you heard them? Post them here!

Is there a song you just heard for the first time and love it? Post it here! Also, consider providing a little explanation for why you love the song, or what made you fall in love with it.

One song per post only, please

Have a listen to the songs others have posted, and if you'd like, rate the previous song/most recent one posted (1-10) (thanks to Joeyy for the suggestion ).

Discussion is encouraged, so feel free to say why you like or also love a song someone else has posted, or why you might not like it.

Have fun!
151 to 175 of 211 comments
page 7 of 9
Joeyy
Joeyy | 08-11-2014 19:30
Indeed. Please don't use this thread like a game, Jeff; it ruins it. Jen already asked you this, "Are these all songs that you truly fell in love with at the first listen, or just songs you like to hear?" on page 3 and you did admit, "Probably just like to hear. lol". They're supposed to be songs that really mean something to you.

I back Jeremy's suggestion, too.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 08-11-2014 19:31
Saina1712
Saina1712 | 08-11-2014 19:43
So do we really have to explain why we fell in love with a particular song?
I fall in love with songs because of any of these 3 reasons- good music (like Nische by Muse), good lyrics which makes the song meaningful and beautiful (like Blinding by F+tM) and the effect it has on us (like Stairway To Heaven, it makes me feel good). I can't repeat those reasons again and again. Plus, I don't associate a song with certain events of my life. I just love them, as simple as that is.
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 08-11-2014 19:48
You don't have to, Saina. It's just a suggestion. For most people, there are reasons to why the loved a song at first listen, or why it's their favorite. But it also helps others who are checking out the song you are posting to understand why you liked it, and give them some background if they've never heard it before. And it also inspires discussion about the songs, vs. just rating them and moving on. But no, you don't have to.
JDolla
JDolla | 08-11-2014 19:58
5/10. Don't like the song musically, lyrics are pretty good. so it's halfway there for me haha

Egypt Central - The Drug

I love an upbeat tempo with a less upbeat subject matter. I love an addiction song because we all have vices in our lives that we would be better off without but can't seem to get rid of, and I think this song can relate to any of them because it's relatively vague about what "the drug" he's singing about is.
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 08-11-2014 20:17
6/10 - Musically it's okay, but those lyrics are intense! Wow. I don't dislike the song but am still on the fence about it.

Breathe by Greenwheel

I first heard this song in high school. There were some things going on I was angry about but I just kept telling myself everything was fine. My close friend at the time was teaching me how to be rebellious and she introduced me to the song. I loved it, it definitely touched some areas of my life at the time. Life is different now, but I still really love the song.
CarlJ
CarlJ | 08-11-2014 21:01
10/10 thanks Jenn...that was a good one...struck home I understand why you love that one

Mumford & Sons - I Will Wait
A time that I thought that by giving space...it would return, maybe not to normal, but a different place...better than before. Alas...not so....but this song always gives me hope for new things in the future.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 08-11-2014 21:02
Decent song, Jen.

7/10

Tiësto - Maximal Crazy
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 08-11-2014 21:03
Oh yeah, because we keep adding rules to this, I fell in love with this song at a party.
CarlJ
CarlJ | 08-11-2014 21:05
already did her's jeff...mine was next...lol
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 08-11-2014 21:52

I honestly did not even see your post...

Mumford & Sons? They're decent, and it was a decent song. I should really start listening to them more often.
7.5/10

Lindsey Stirling - Roundtable Rival

Lindsey Stirling is a babe.
CarlJ
CarlJ | 08-11-2014 23:57
9/10 very good. love a good jamming violin like that

Avicii - Wake Me Up
another song when i first heard it, loved just all of the instrumental to it...almost made me think of the 'Beef--it's what's for dinner' commercials of awhile back......but listening to the words.....puts a bit more into perspective of where i was when i first heard it.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 09-11-2014 00:02
Yes yes yes yes yes.

11/10

Keane - Is It Any Wonder?
Lyricamel
Lyricamel | 09-11-2014 03:31
* offtopic :
ohmygodohmygodohmygod I love Lindsey Stirling!!! My favorite is Song of the Caged Bird. so beautiful...

7/10. pretty good.

Apocalyptica - Not Strong Enough
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 09-11-2014 13:39
CarlJ
CarlJ | 14-11-2014 22:46
ehhh, it's ok 4/10

Hootie & The Blowfish - Let Her Cry
At the time I got to see them at VooDoo Lounge in KC..this was a song that I had not heard from them yet.....and the girl I was dating at the time...was the girl in this song. I tried my hardest to keep her sober...but you can only do so much. This song hit home with me and while it's sad..it's a beautiful song and I learned a lot in that relationship. She's still trying...I keep in touch, but at a distance...it's a hard row to hoe when you are trying to recover from alcoholism..and she needed to be on her own....she left me a note one day...saying she did not want to drag me any further down that path. Told me that I'd find that person one day.....
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 14-11-2014 23:43
Depressing.
3/10

DJ's From Mars - Phat Ass Drop
JDolla
JDolla | 15-11-2014 01:22
Tell me what it is about that song that made you love it the first time you heard it. If you can't, stop posting in the thread.

This isnt a sutpid ass game thread. It also happens to be the only one left around here that has real musical discussion, rathar than random discussion or whatever the other stupid bullshit games you play are. 1 word about the song above it and a new song doesn't further any kind of discussion, and it gives no real info about the one you posted.

This is the only thread around here that i've actually liked in a long time, would you please quit fecking it up? Boost your post count somewhere else.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 15-11-2014 01:23
It's got a great beat. It's a very creative music video. The way those guys made the video was just awesome.

Yeah.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 15-11-2014 01:35
* offtopic :
The video isn't the song. If you love a music video, post it here or in a similar thread, but this isn't the place.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 15-11-2014 01:38
What? The song is the video...
Joeyy
Joeyy | 15-11-2014 01:45
It's 'Love At First Listen' so how the video looks isn't relevant here.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 15-11-2014 02:28
Okay well I like the beat. Great melody. Anymore concerns?
CarlJ
CarlJ | 15-11-2014 13:52
0/10 yeah, it sucks....really and truly, not just because you posted it. it has no true meaning or real lyrics to it.

Tom Cochrane - Life Is A Highway why this song? This song came out when I was working at Harps Food Stores in Arkansas. As the video supervisor..I traveled all over Arkansas and Oklahoma and supervising each video dept we had in those stores. I heard it on the way out to a small town called Rector Arkansas. I had been driving all day and was going to be gone for the whole week...it's a days' drive from Springdale to Rector. The song came on...and realized that it was very much what i was living at the time. Always on the road, both relationship wise and work wise. and if you find that right person you want to travel your life with, invite them along. and you can survive anything....it's funny too, that as i'm typing this, it comes on the radio.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 15-11-2014 14:14
0/10
Not because you posted it, but because I don't like it.

Fatboy Slim - Sho Nuff

This song has been with me since I was a toddler. I just recently found one of my old "videos as a child" and my parents had recorded me dancing to this song at the age of 3.

So, is that good enough?
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: