LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Suggestions For LetsSingIt

Follow 1
Add topic
Search
ofek1s
ofek1s | 23-05-2011 08:04
Adding the option in the Inbox to mark all messages as read, unread, etc.
201 to 225 of 238 comments
page 9 of 10
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 16-12-2014 02:58
By the way, I think it would be nice if we had a preview button for sending PMs just like we do with forum posts. All other forums I've been to have the preview button for PMs, and it's just really comfortable to see how it looks and it would help me quite a bit when proofreading.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 16-12-2014 03:51
A big yes to that. Please!
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 25-02-2015 11:45
I noticed you don't get any notification when moderation of an artist is transferred to you. I think it should definitely be an addition to think about. For example, Joeyy told me that she found herself modding the artist Magic! a week or so ago and she didn't even remember modding them. Unless some crazy glitch happened, the only explanation I can think of is that someone here must have transferred modship of them to her without her knowing. I think it's a little dangerous that there's no notification, because what if someone decided to spam a user by transferring tons and tons of artists to their moderation list, and they didn't find out until later? Kind of an unlikely scenario because new users have to wait before modding artists, but it's still a possibility nonetheless.

Also, it was mentioned in the Moderation Repetition thread that Super Mods should have a tool that they can use to mass transfer items from a duplicate artist over to the correct one. Of course, that would have to be perfected quite a bit so as to not transfer over all of the duplicates, but nonetheless it's an idea to consider.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 25-02-2015 16:17
For example, Joeyy told me that she found herself modding the artist Magic! a week or so ago and she didn't even remember modding them. Unless some crazy glitch happened, the only explanation I can think of is that someone here must have transferred modship of them to her without her knowing.

I only know one song by the artist - and I didn't know their name (as in I've heard the song several times, but hadn't taken in the artist's name) - and I dislike that song, so I highly doubt it was something I did accidentally. I'm fairly certain I hadn't been on the artist's page prior to this.

I think it's a little dangerous that there's no notification, because what if someone decided to spam a user by transferring tons and tons of artists to their moderation list, and they didn't find out until later? Kind of an unlikely scenario because new users have to wait before modding artists, but it's still a possibility nonetheless.

I do doubt we'd have to worry about this, but it (not receiving a notification when an artist has been transferred to you) is a problem because it means there's a chance the artist won't be moderated properly. I'm not going to do any work on an artist I don't know is there.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 25-02-2015 17:28
Have you guys tested this on each other? Sending an artist over and all? And seeing if it all does/doesn't do that stuff. Last time I did it (which was ages ago) I always got error messages.

Also I like the idea of the mass transfer because it would send all the duplicates over. That way they are easier to deal with. You can take care of it and it's all in one list on one page.

I found myself in another situation last night like yesterdays but with Noel Gallagher and Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds. Many duplicates/deletes.
FireWaterBurn6
FireWaterBurn6 | 25-02-2015 17:39
Make me admin
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 25-02-2015 22:48
Have you guys tested this on each other? Sending an artist over and all? And seeing if it all does/doesn't do that stuff. Last time I did it (which was ages ago) I always got error messages.

What 'stuff' are you referring to? I just know you don't receive a notification when an artist is transferred to you because both CarlJ and MaryShaw have transferred artists of theirs to me in the past, and I got no in-site notification. I had to check my Moderator Review list to see that they were there.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 25-02-2015 23:07
Curt4Admin2K15
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 25-02-2015 23:14
That's what I meant by stuff. Testing the situation. So you answered my question.

Personally, I think Joey was just a little too wasted, high, putting on her dread wig and jammin' to some of that reggae and doesn't remember she modded them.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 26-02-2015 04:16
* offtopic :
I do like a bit of reggae.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 20-03-2015 19:47
So, Joeyy PMed me a few days ago about an issue with song submissions. I submitted a correction to Alanis Morissette - Ironic, which is a song by an artist she moderates, and my correction apparently went through without her reviewing it. Then the same thing happened on my part today. I submitted a correction for Baauer - Harlem Shake, and it went straight through without going to the Public Review first.

Is this perhaps a newfound glitch? It's weird, because it's only happening with certain songs, or at least seems to be occurring at random, which I don't quite understand.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 20-03-2015 20:39
Maybe it has something to do with that Sleeping With Sirens song being stuck in the corrections queue? It's been in there for a long time with over 20 votes. Some people seem to be able to vote multiple times on it. So glitch for sure.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 20-03-2015 20:44
That's a good assumption. However, the former case I mentioned wasn't in the public review, it was in Joeyy's Moderator Review page since it was for an artist she moderates.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 06-05-2015 05:43
Edit button for messages. It can time out after 24hours. Sometimes we make errors and we want to correct them.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 10-05-2015 22:27
There seems to be a glitch currently on movie/game/etc. pages (example) where the button you press to mod them is gone. Anyone else seeing this?
Ray
Ray | 10-05-2015 22:34
Looks like a bug, nice catch . I'm not looking into this, the new LSI site is going live next week
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 10-05-2015 22:37
A new LSI?!
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 11-05-2015 18:54
When requests for lyrics/tracklists button is clicked or pressed the moderator of that artist could get a message to add the material, as well as still appearing in the request list under archive so others can still submit it as well. As supermods are adding more and more material, often moderators don't notice there is new requested lyrics/tracklists under their artists. A message could be helpful.
Ray
Ray | 12-05-2015 23:48
Welcome to our new forum category Killer Ideas where you guys can continue dropping ideas. I like to hear them all
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 12-05-2015 23:50
I love that my emoticon suggestion is on there. Thanks Ray!
IsThisMyFate
IsThisMyFate | 13-05-2015 00:00
I'd like to be able to edit the "similar artists" section of a moderated artist. Some of the artists that are recommended are not similar at all to the band you're viewing.
Ray
Ray | 13-05-2015 00:05
... the small hint was of course that this topic is out of service

I can give an answer in here, but it is actually a very good question and I'd like to hear ideas of others too. So start a topic in the Killer Ideas please
FireWaterBurn6
FireWaterBurn6 | 28-05-2015 00:00
Is there any plans to try to find a way to have an "Enter" button on mobile? So I can separate paragraphs.
Ray
Ray | 28-05-2015 17:25
You know you are allowed to say something useful in each paragraph of your comment. Would that be a problem?
Ray
Ray | 28-05-2015 17:28
but back to business...

The hold-shift thing does not work on touch devices. So that leaves two options; you use the pop-out form or I replace the on-enter functionality with the good old button.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: