LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Suggestions For LetsSingIt

Follow 1
Add topic
Search
ofek1s
ofek1s | 23-05-2011 08:04
Adding the option in the Inbox to mark all messages as read, unread, etc.
151 to 175 of 238 comments
page 7 of 10
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 19-10-2014 18:05
Yeah, exactly. Simply saying "Unfortunately your item has been rejected" doesn't really answer why it was rejected in the first place, and that's kind of important to know, especially if what you submitted isn't fake and isn't in the archive yet.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 19-10-2014 23:07
Something else related to the review corner. I noticed Snap auto-adding lyrics again, haven't seen this in along time. Problems I've encountered so far:

Many repeats, example: the song 'The Racing Heart' by Katatonia was added 3 times within a 3-ish hour period.

Also, the song 'Riviere' by The Deftones has been showing up in the queue repeatedly over several days despite its constant rejection due to it already existing with an accent ('Rivière').

Which brings me to my third problem of the auto-add system not recognizing symbols such as accents, when it usually does (i.e. when creating songs it lets you know).

If these were fixed I guess I'd give Snap another chance.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 19-10-2014 23:46
Ah yes, Sierra, the same thing happened to me with this song. The title is correctly written as Étrangère but in the public review system, I had to reject the same song, without the accents (Etrangere).

Same with Dímelo, Çile or Pégate.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 20-10-2014 22:56
Things the scanner/Snap doesn't catch when adding new material:

- words with accents

- bracketed symbols in titles ('[#], [*]')

- Mr, Mr., Mister

- 1 word song mistakenly entered as 2 word, vice versa (i.e. Pink Floyd - 'Paint Box' instead of 'Paintbox') (basically just not reading that there is a space there, or lack of a space)

- words that are shortened with an apostrophe (i.e. Aerosmith - 'Cryin'' (correct) instead of 'Crying').

- titles with numbers in them (i.e. The Beatles - 'When I'm Sixty-Four' (correct) instead of 'When I'm 64'). It's also possible that it might be the hyphen in "sixty-four" causing the problem.

- titles with curse words censored by asterisks (I think these should all be auto denied anyway)

- songs with the featured artist mentioned in the title instead of adding it properly through the link function

- adding songs to the wrong artist, example would be, I recently had to remove several songs from Beyoncé's page because they were songs that belonged to Destiny's Child, a musical group she was once apart of. Songs which already existed anyway. Also I am noticing this with featured artists. I don't have an example right now, but basically, the song will be by Eminem (let's say) and it will feature Yelawolf. Snap will add the existing song to Yelawolf's page even though it already shows on his page as featured artist.

I will continue to update this list as I discover new issues
Joeyy
Joeyy | 23-10-2014 04:06
Yeah...I don't understand why, as an artist moderator, I'm asked to accept or decline some songs from Snap, and others are submitted automatically. I looked up lyrics by one of the artists I moderate earlier and notice Snap had added songs that are already in the archive.

Artist moderators should really be notified whenever it adds a song (or at least have the option).
FireWaterBurn6
FireWaterBurn6 | 23-10-2014 05:29
new mods
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 23-10-2014 11:32
I think the mods are fine!
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 23-10-2014 23:08
No basic status for the VIP system anymore.
No star = Free
One star = Bronze
Two stars = Silver
Three stars = Gold
Four stars = Platinum
Five stars = Elite
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 23-10-2014 23:08
Of course, it will still depend how much I've been a LSI member.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 23-10-2014 23:10
I wanna the option of disliking something too. Instead of getting butthurt about it, I'd just dislike it and we can see who disliked it just like the like system.
TheAnnoyance
TheAnnoyance | 23-10-2014 23:11
No Jeff, just no. That's why it was removed the first time round.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 23-10-2014 23:12
Yes James, just yes. Second time's the charm.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 23-10-2014 23:35
We've had that discussion already. The majority opinion was that a 'like' feature is nice, but a 'dislike' feature wouldn't go down well.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 23-10-2014 23:35
Eh true. I wanna see the outcome. :p
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 23-10-2014 23:51
If I remember correctly it was even you, Jeff, who initially suggested the idea to have the like feature with no dislike.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 23-10-2014 23:53
Nevermind, you suggested bringing the entire +/- system back.

I went to the 'Poll' category of the forum and clicked on a random page and was very lucky.
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 24-10-2014 00:18
Nevermind, you suggested bringing the entire +/- system back.

He did suggest that, but his vote in his own poll was 'no.' It was your poll, Sierra, with additional options where the majority voted that they just wanted the '+' feature brought back.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 24-10-2014 01:37
I just wanna experiment with it.
Saina1712
Saina1712 | 27-10-2014 18:07
Public Review

I think, it will be great if we can have an option to 'skip' songs, etc. we don't want to review. Sometimes, I am not able to judge if the correction made is right or not. Because of that I can't review other songs too.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 27-10-2014 21:52
That's why you just say "yes."
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 30-10-2014 01:13
So it seems like a "Review Comments" section has been added to the Item Reviewed PMs, therefore the problem I mentioned earlier with public review PMs has been solved. Thanks to whoever did it (most likely Ray )!
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 30-10-2014 06:15
I don't 'just say yes.' If I can't find it on google search, or, if it comes up already in the archive, or if there is something wrong with the title (artist or song) or the lyrics, I usually vote 'no.' Now, things like punctuation, capitalization, caps, and some minor spelling, I will most likely let go and vote yes (because those things can be fixed later on, and as long as the title and artist are correct...). Now if the artist and/or song title are wrong, we should be voting 'no' because that will affect the search (unless of course the incorrect identifiers have already been added, then the lyrics would become irrelevant). Does that make sense, Jeff & Saina?
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 30-10-2014 10:37
Yeah, I was going to disagree with Jeff there but I didn't want to double post. I think "just saying yes" if you don't know how to judge something in the public review is a terrible habit.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 30-10-2014 10:45
Much more sense, yes.
Saina1712
Saina1712 | 30-10-2014 13:01
What I meant to say is that sometimes I can't find a song after searching so that I can listen and check. I admit, I don't put a lot efforts but I also don't just say yes or no when I'm confused . I think, a 'Skip' option will be great to move on to the next item to be reviewed. What do you think?

Still, thanks, Jen for the information.

And Jeff, I just OK an item and don't comment anything else because I genuinely don't have anything to add. However, I often express the reason why I don't find the correction OK.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: