LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Suggestions For LetsSingIt

Follow 1
Add topic
Search
ofek1s
ofek1s | 23-05-2011 08:04
Adding the option in the Inbox to mark all messages as read, unread, etc.
126 to 150 of 238 comments
page 6 of 10
Joeyy
Joeyy | 08-06-2014 14:03
(I wonder why the names of the features to add links, etc, have changed when you go to edit posts.)
Saina1712
Saina1712 | 03-07-2014 21:17
Privacy Option

What good does the High level of Privacy option do for us except hiding our name and birthdate? I think, it'd be better if the pictures we upload to our account could also be hidden.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 03-07-2014 22:20
I agree with that. And also comments posted to the members profile by other members (their friends) should have the option to be private.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 03-07-2014 22:37
What would be the point in being able to upload images if no one else can see them? If you just want an account to upload pictures to, you could get yourself a Flickr or one of the other websites meant specifically for that. Unless you mean you'd like them to be view-able only by members you have as friends?
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 03-07-2014 22:55
I wouldn't mind being able to make the images I use for avatars private. I like using pictures of my favorite hot guys for avatars, but I don't necessarily want to have to display them in a public album to be able to use them as an avatar.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 03-07-2014 23:04
Haha, I guess I don't get the point. They're public once you put them as your avatar, why the desire to hide them the rest of the time?
Saina1712
Saina1712 | 03-07-2014 23:08
Privacy level allows following people to view our profile:
Low- Everybody
Medium- Only LSI members
High- Only your LSI friends

Therefore, there will always be some people who can see our pics. But we'll have an option to select who can and who can't.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 03-07-2014 23:11
Honestly, I wouldn't mind more options for the picture album in general. To be able to make the pictures public, friends-only, or private. Be able to rearrange them in the order I want. CROPPING FOR AVATARS.

Mostly For OCD reasons, but I would like to keep the avatar pictures private because the only reason I've uploaded them is for avatars. I like to keep a few uploaded so I can switch it around once in a while, and I feel like if I have more than 2-3 it clogs up the album with stuff I really don't want there now, but might want to use as an avatar later. Having them private makes them available to me when I want them, but without me having a picture album full of just hot guys.
Saina1712
Saina1712 | 03-07-2014 23:22
On serious note, LSI should also include pictures alongwith name and birth date in privacy option. Nothing else needs to be changed.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 03-07-2014 23:51
Yes, I agree Saina. If we want our information private, that should apply to pictures as well.. what's the use of hiding your name if your face is still out there? Pictures should be included with the things covered by the privacy option.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 09-07-2014 12:58
Remember, for each artist, there were 6 sections.
- Albums
- Songs
- News
- Pictures
- Biography
- Fanpages (I do not want know why this section has been removed, and if it is the case for every artist : shame!)

But wait... There still MUST be fanpages on this site! I have checked the "help" section, look what I have found :
3 - Music Content then
3 - Edit and
8 - Fanpages
So artist moderators are still allowed to add and removed fanpages here. From now on, do I add them in the "biography" or "news" section? Again, I repeat...

Do I have to add myself as a fan of an artist and moderate him/her at the same time to add fanpages?
Also, did the fanpages section bring less 'points' than albums or songs section?

Another problem is for the artist pictures. There is just a space to add the title. I remember I used to put any useful information in the box below : lyrics by, music by, producer, published by, photography, etc... In case the photo was the same as one of the artist's singles. I can't add then anymore, 7 years of good work (2007-2014) have been messed up.
Now, I have to type all the additional information (alternate titles, different album covers, different tracks, originally performed by...) again in the "albums" section, but I keep on! Since June 27, I have become a guide for LSI tourists.
On the left, this album was reissued by [label] in [years] with [extra tracks].
On the right, this album was released as [alternate title] by [label].
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 09-07-2014 13:45
The fanpages section has been removed from all artists on the site from what I understand, Celine. Ray probably forgot to remove it from the help section. I have not seen a fanpage section on any artist since the removal.

But to answer your question about them, I think if you still feel you need to include fanpages for your artists it would be best to place them in the "biography" section at the end of the artist's biography. I think that'd be the best place because the biography stays the same unless the moderator changes it, while the news may be updated more often, and then the fanpages could get lost among the news updates.
TheAnnoyance
TheAnnoyance | 09-07-2014 17:52
Yeah, what Sarah said about the fanpages. They're not available any more for any artist, but the bit in the help section was forgotten about. I have now removed it.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 09-07-2014 19:05
OK, so I won't talk about fanpages anymore. Every artist moderator must know that section has been removed last June.

What about the pictures section? The section below the title was very useful to me. 7 years of good work now gone...

Oh well, being an artist moderator is good, but the current pictures section is a very bad idea. If the picture was the same as any artist's singles, I used to put
- Songwriters
- Producers
- Photography
- Publishing
- Phonographic Copyright
And I even did link building! That was a great idea!

Finally, my most important suggestion. When there's a double entry of the same song and both have a discussion below : how does any forum moderator transfer them to one song? Uh-oooh, uh-oooh.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 16-07-2014 19:17
An option for a noise alert when you receive a new message in chat. Pretty please with cherries on top.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 16-07-2014 19:25
I agree!
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 16-07-2014 20:32
So I have to put fanpages in the biography section? Thanks for your answers. At least 3 links and it'll be okay. Aha, finally solved that problem. It's too bad this section has been removed (from every artist, how bad!) for lack of popularity : adding fanpages was like... Adding some makeup before the show, like putting Rimmel on every artist's face.
* offtopic :
As I'm typing that, I'm putting some on my eyelashes.

OK, here's what I used to put in the picture box below, if the picture was the same as any artist single. I mean : not as "picture comment", but the box below the picture title, while editing.

Mastered At -
Mixed At -
Phonographic Copyright (p) -
Published By -
Recorded At -
[Remixed At] -

[Adapted By] -
Arranged By -
[Backing Vocals] -
[Bass] -
[Drums] -
[Guitar] -
[Keyboards] -
Lyrics By -
Mastered By -
Mixed By [Assistant] -
Mixed By -
Music By -
[Other [Hair]] -
[Other [Makeup]] -
[Other [Originally Performed By]] -
[Other [Stylist]] -
Photography -
Producer -
Recorded By [Assistant] -
Recorded By -
[[Vocals [Featuring]] -
[Vocals [Duet With]] -

All of this mentioned. The additional information would be that, if the picture was the same as an album.
Track *number* is a French cover of *artist*'s *song*.
*Artist* appears courtesy of *label*.
The album was originally released on *label* in *year*. It has been reissued as *title* in *year*.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 19-09-2014 13:11
Most of what I put in the message above finally found its place in the "album comments" section, that I found very useful.

The "edit albums" box only allows me to
- Put the song titles
- Add the release date
- Add a country
- Add the label

And any additional information, I've typed it below. Check this out.
By "some additional information", I've also put album comments with foreign versions of some songs (French songs vs. English songs, etc.) and also "credited under the pseudonym", "appears courtesy of" or "this album was released under a different title". When I was a forum mod, I could edit many times - because I hit "save" too rapidly.

The problem with link building is that I had to edit/re-open the comment many times. Not for artists but for songs. Does it look easier with the "add artist" function only? I guess. I just have to use the former system back.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 19-09-2014 13:17
Oh, I forgot a more urgent suggestion : I have problems with linking songs in the "soundtracks" section. I have to add songs first, then the album. But when I click on "link to songs", I can't find the "link" button next to the song titles.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 01-10-2014 21:41
That's a trick I just found. The pages with the most recent album comments and song comments have disappeared. So how come I can still find song/album comments in their specific pages? Will this function be removed?
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 19-10-2014 01:34
When you submit new content on LSI and it gets rejected, it would be great if you were actually told why it got rejected. Since you can't view public review for your own submissions, you're kind of left in the dark if your submission gets rejected. You'll never know why unless the person(s) who rejected it PM you about it, which usually doesn't happen unless someone persistently submits the same thing over and over and it becomes a problem.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 19-10-2014 01:54
There is an option to be contacted when/if it is accepted. All it says is that it was rejected? I guess since I can auto add artists it's been awhile since I've used that feature but I really could have sworn it shows you each persons vote, and their message to you. I can't believe this whole time I've been writing messages to the submitter and they can't even see it.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 19-10-2014 02:02
Yeah, I haven't submitted many via public review, but I think Nicolas is right. And hahaha, if you've really been writing messages to the submitter, that seriously sucks.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 19-10-2014 02:10
I have been.
I am curious so I just submitted a fake artist. Not that I don't believe Nicolas.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 19-10-2014 04:25
I see what you mean, Nicolas. The "item reviewed" message I received simply says my artist was rejected. There is a section in the message that says "reviewers comments", but it is blank. I know it was rejected because "the artist is fake", although I'm not sure why it doesn't say it anymore. I'm pretty sure it used to.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: